You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
fallenkezef

Sub_Octavian! A word please

48 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
2,728 posts
7,392 battles

Tho we have our differences fkezef I gave u a thumbs up. I also apreciate the effort devs are putting into the game. It is the only game i play and i love it. Last game i loved as much was RTW 1 with SPQR mod. Nuff said.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,346 posts
14,963 battles

Thing is I have posted more than most info from https://gamemodels3d.com.. Thing is its Obviase this data cant be counted as gospel until the patch is live on the server

Players
751 posts
3,009 battles
12 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Thing is I have posted more than most info from https://gamemodels3d.com.. Thing is its Obviase this data cant be counted as gospel until the patch is live on the server

Yea the amount of people who take data minded stuff to Heart and assume that it's going to happen and then go and moan about it on the forum is starting to get a little high. 

People need to chill out and learn to take all data minded info with a pinch of salt. 

Players
1,008 posts
1 hour ago, fallenkezef said:

The recent "sky is falling" rants about the Belfast radar have broken the camel's back, been debating this post for a while now.

This game is not perfect, not by any means. However the devs and staff have a lot of passion for the game and have done so much good and hard work. They are moving forward with improvements and features and taking the game forward.

Yet there are so many toxic, nasty and downright insulting folk on this forum who seem more intent on slagging off WG and childishly trolling than the real future of the game.

There is a silent majority of people, many of them casuals like me, who play as and when they can and enjoy the game and what it offers. There are issues, some that need addressing (in my opinion) sooner rather than later. Such as payouts for top tier co-op, the need for a real tutorial mode etc.

I'm not happy about the direction the British BBs are going, yet i voice my concerns in a reasonable way not "WG you suck, morons can't program, give me what i want or i no pay for your stuff, BAAAAAAAH!".

No doubt this thread will be filled with such replies, however I just want the dev team to know that there are some folks who appreciate what you do and the efforts you make. The Hood campaign was awesome, looking forward to the Dunkirk one and the co-op missions are really fun, hope for more.

I could not agree more. As you say, most of those have never worked in development on such a massive project. Every change you make, even a small one, will have an effect else where. Its impossible to predict every time, what that effect will have on the bigger picture. Paying for premium time does not give people the right to be borderline offensive.

There are two ways to approach how you think about the game/changes/future:-

1) Continue with the superiority attitude and being offensive.

2) Give praise when its deserved, and put forward a fully thought out alternative opinion, when you think something is wrong.

Having worked in development (some, large long term government projects) and front line customer services, I can tell you which one will have more influence and will be noticed, and which one will be ignored.

• Cool 4

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,183 posts
2,402 battles

Nice post my clan friend.

13 minutes ago, GhostRider_24 said:

Yea the amount of people who take data minded stuff to Heart and assume that it's going to happen and then go and moan about it on the forum is starting to get a little high. 

People need to chill out and learn to take all data minded info with a pinch of salt. 

Its so funny Ghost. We all know this game can be so damned frustrating at times, I guess people need to vent it somewhere. You know whats really funny though? I spent 25 years in IT development designing, building, testing, implementing and project managing a whole host of projects big and small. The frustrations you see here are not all that different to the ones I faced as a Project Manager, a little information or misinformation is deadly.

• Cool 2

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,183 posts
2,402 battles
2 minutes ago, atlasapl said:

I could not agree more. As you say, most of those have never worked in development on such a massive project. Every change you make, even a small one, will have an effect else where. Its impossible to predict every time, what that effect will have on the bigger picture. Paying for premium time does not give people the right to be borderline offensive.

There are two ways to approach how you think about the game/changes/future:-

1) Continue with the superiority attitude and being offensive.

2) Give praise when its deserved, and put forward a fully thought out alternative opinion, when you think something is wrong.

Having worked in development (some, large long term government projects) and front line customer services, I can tell you which one will have more influence and will be noticed, and which one will be ignored.

Oh hell yes.

Number 2 all the way, even though in your head you really what to do number 1. Been there many many times myself

• Cool 1

[YEEET]
Players
1,188 posts
11,264 battles

Moderately amusing that I have read two threads in the last few days - this one , which says most forum members complain all the time, and another saying all here are WG fanboys!

I like the game - there are a few frustrations, some of which are down to my lack of skill. None the less, only game I play and I echo your sentiment. Don't need more credits though - have 350 million!

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,985 battles

I agree for the most part, but it's also important to be able to see the difference between situations where you can just chill and let it play out, and situations where you either make your voice heard now or not at all. Premium ships for example are set in stone once they hit live, so you have to give feedback before they are released no matter how much they might change before then.

There is also the thing with memes and things of that nature which I see as a sign of a healthy community and not toxic at all. I know that Sub_Octavian didn't appreciate the "overconfident"-meme, but to call it toxic is a bit much. I see it as friendly ribbing with a bit of criticism at the core.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,183 posts
2,402 battles
1 minute ago, triumphgt6 said:

Moderately amusing that I have read two threads in the last few days - this one , which says most forum members complain all the time, and another saying all here are WG fanboys!

I like the game - there are a few frustrations, some of which are down to my lack of skill. None the less, only game I play and I echo your sentiment. Don't need more credits though - have 350 million!

I think thats kind of the forum tho isnt it. You come here for one of two reasons really;

1 - You love the game and play virtually nothing else and appreciate WG's efforts. Or some variation on that.

or

2 - You are frustrated or angry about something in game and you come here to vent your frustrations.

Personally I'm an option 1 guy but I do get frustrated too with things in game, I just bite my tongue and say nothing. Hell I'm a noob I need to get good and to T10 before I could justgify ranting about something, I'd need the evidence to back me up.

• Cool 2

Players
425 posts
8,791 battles

Totally agree. the devs should be praised and WG too for their product which it would seem we all love playing.  However they should be kept in mind as the business concern they are, they can and should be held to task at times they c*ck up, we are after all customers of the service they provide.  I for one enjoy their product immensely and hope they keep introducing new stuff to keep the forums occupied. :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

Players
1,428 posts
7 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

I think thats kind of the forum tho isnt it. You come here for one of two reasons really;

1 - You love the game and play virtually nothing else and appreciate WG's efforts. Or some variation on that.

or

2 - You are frustrated or angry about something in game and you come here to vent your frustrations.

Personally I'm an option 1 guy but I do get frustrated too with things in game, I just bite my tongue and say nothing. Hell I'm a noob I need to get good and to T10 before I could justgify ranting about something, I'd need the evidence to back me up.

You forgot number 3 : - To get info.

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,183 posts
2,402 battles
5 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

I agree for the most part, but it's also important to be able to see the difference between situations where you can just chill and let it play out, and situations where you either make your voice heard now or not at all. Premium ships for example are set in stone once they hit live, so you have to give feedback before they are released no matter how much they might change before then.

There is also the thing with memes and things of that nature which I see as a sign of a healthy community and not toxic at all. I know that Sub_Octavian didn't appreciate the "overconfident"-meme, but to call it toxic is a bit much. I see it as friendly ribbing with a bit of criticism at the core.

Thats just it though. There are some toxic people in here. I'm not going to mention names. Plus there is the whole 'Potatoes' are bad players crap. That's total BS a potato is by definition average. Average is the mean where most of the player base sits. The elitist BS that comes out sometimes is horrendous, although justifiied sometimes when somebody is talking game mechanic or ship performance. The only way somebody gets to be good or Unicum is to beat the average. Asking for better quality players will mean tighter matches and the average moving up. Alot of good or unicums would then fall into the potato group. Does that make them bad  then?

And dont get me started on Unicums who maintyain there good stats by seal clubbing. I can go look at a uncum's stats and see some of them performing as potatoes in high tier but using low tier to keep their numbers looking good 

Tomatoes are bad potatoes are just 'normal'.

• Cool 2

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,183 posts
2,402 battles
1 minute ago, Blue_Bug said:

You forgot number 3 : - To get info.

So I did, but can tyhe info be trusted as gospel truth :Smile_Default:

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,183 posts
2,402 battles
1 minute ago, SirBlemmingtonSmythe said:

50% of the time :Smile_teethhappy:

At the time you read it maybe but after a patch who knows.

Players
1,428 posts
28 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

So I did, but can tyhe info be trusted as gospel truth :Smile_Default:

Depends on the source, topic and circumstances. Why do you think everyone is asking for sources.

for example :

If Sub_Octavian gives info over upcoming changes, I believe him.

If a player tells us that an upcoming ship is OP, I don't believe him (without further info).

If I suck at a ship, and a player gives info on how to play it better , I will try it.

• Cool 4

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,183 posts
2,402 battles
1 minute ago, Blue_Bug said:

Depends on the source, topic and circumstances. Why do you think everyone is asking for sources.

for example :

If Sub_Octavian gives info over upcoming changes, I believe him.

If a player tells us that an upcoming ship is OP, I don't believe him (without further info).

If I suck at a ship, and a player gives info on how to play it better , I will try it.

Agree with this, everything should be evidence based to be reliable.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,664 posts
1,453 battles

Also, stats do not tell the whole story. My average stats are poor, my Belfast stats show steady increase as that is the only ship I play seriously.

Up untill last week I ran my two Battleships in a Leeroy Jenkins secondary spec because it's fun. Allot of players with high stats got there sealclubbing and allot of players with low stats are better than they appear because the just play for fun most of the time.

What gets to me is this bs attitude that anybody with a w/r below 60% is not allowed to talk about game balance

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Wait,,, did you just base your own personal improvement on your climbing performance in the most broken ship in the game? 

Don't use Belfast in balance discussions, unless you want to lose any argument you use it in :P

• Cool 1

Players
1,428 posts
14 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

Also, stats do not tell the whole story. My average stats are poor, my Belfast stats show steady increase as that is the only ship I play seriously.

Up untill last week I ran my two Battleships in a Leeroy Jenkins secondary spec because it's fun. Allot of players with high stats got there sealclubbing and allot of players with low stats are better than they appear because the just play for fun most of the time.

What gets to me is this bs attitude that anybody with a w/r below 60% is not allowed to talk about game balance

I would say it a bit different. Also players with good stats play the game for fun. Maybe the definition of fun is a bit different.

But there are even bad players who know  the game mechanics and know exactly how to play the game, but can't execute it because (for example) a lack of hand - eye coordination.  Others just don't have a lot of patients. They often know their mistakes. You can compare it with a soccer fan of 150 KG, he might know everything about soccer, but doing it is a totall different ball game.

So I agree that low stats will not always say that an  certain opinion isn't valid. However it isn't totally uncommon that players with bad stats come with an opinion that is totally unfounded and the opinion it self shows a lack of knowledge about the game.   Those players will have a bit of a hard time on the forum.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles
1 hour ago, fallenkezef said:

Everyone is free to say their piece on game balance and the game in general, and they should do so.

Stats simply serve as a filter upon which to gauge whether a player's opinion on game balance/mechanics holds water or not. 

Otherwise, we'd need to take seriously every complaint from BB only captains regarding disappearing, overpowered DDs.

That of course, does not in any way mean that players with bad stats cannot positively contribute to such a discussion.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,183 posts
2,402 battles
4 minutes ago, Turin7 said:

That of course, does not in any way mean that players with bad stats cannot positively contribute to such a discussion.

Evidence suggests everyone does not agree with this statement

Players
1,428 posts
5 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Evidence suggests everyone does not agree with this statement

You are on a forum. You can state the obvious and still people don't agree with you.  :Smile_Default: 

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that if an opinion is plausible there isn't much fingerpointing to the stats. Only by a few that don't have any other arguments to defend their own opinion. In that case its a sign of weakness.

• Cool 2