You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sams_Baneblade

Summer calendar day 1: Saipan at -50%

29 comments in this topic

Beta Tester, Players
278 posts
5,033 battles

Shop link (you might need to be logged in to see the offer)

Comes with 10× triple xp for a victory missions. There is also a bundle with more stuff.

I've never seen such a discount on a Tier 7 in any WG game.

But seen it's the Mighty Saipan, I don't know if it's really a good thing to see more of those... :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,524 battles
9 minutes ago, Sams_Baneblade said:

Shop link (you might need to be logged in to see the offer)

Comes with 10× triple xp for a victory missions. There is also a bundle with more stuff.

I've never seen such a discount on a Tier 7 in any WG game.

But seen it's the Mighty Saipan, I don't know if it's really a good thing to see more of those... :Smile-_tongue:

Deleted. (Link doesn't work) lol

Maybe it was too cheap and/or only meant for RU? :Smile_teethhappy:

Can't find it in the Shop by entering it normaly either.

Edit: okay found it. Hidden behind that special button. (you have to log in)

Players
332 posts
7,594 battles

Haha it's going to get even harder in my Ranger grind. I bought the Saipan at the last discount of £20 but 15£ ? Bargain.

[BONI]
Players
1,063 posts
9,315 battles

As I feared, it's only on the webstore and not for doubloons. If that's how it's going to be, I won't be buying a damn thing in this sale.

[BSW]
Players
2 posts
5,372 battles

I'm thinking about getting the Saipan with premium time, but I noticed this in the sale notification "a new discount will be revealed in this article every day offering massive discounts on ships galore with a final bundle available from 16-18 July!"

I don't remember how this worked in previous sales. Will this be one giant bundle at the end, with a good % discount, but ultimately still a high $ price? I'd assume so if they want to add many ships into it. 8 or 9 ships is bound to be expensive, discount or not. But if I decide I want to buy the bundle on the 18th, what happens if I get a couple ships during the sale? Price stays the same, but you get silver in game for every ship from the bundle that you already had? 

Sorry if these are noob questions, but I don't know how Wargaming sales worked in the past. 

[NED]
Players
1,642 posts
6,129 battles

Was hoping for the Gallant to kick things off oh well better get comfy it might be a bit of a wait.

Players
2,376 posts
15,503 battles
4 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

Was hoping for the Gallant to kick things off oh well better get comfy it might be a bit of a wait.

Gallant will be sold on the 20th.

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,678 posts
5,566 battles
58 minutes ago, LP_M said:

I'm thinking about getting the Saipan with premium time, but I noticed this in the sale notification "a new discount will be revealed in this article every day offering massive discounts on ships galore with a final bundle available from 16-18 July!"

I don't remember how this worked in previous sales. Will this be one giant bundle at the end, with a good % discount, but ultimately still a high $ price? I'd assume so if they want to add many ships into it. 8 or 9 ships is bound to be expensive, discount or not. But if I decide I want to buy the bundle on the 18th, what happens if I get a couple ships during the sale? Price stays the same, but you get silver in game for every ship from the bundle that you already had? 

Sorry if these are noob questions, but I don't know how Wargaming sales worked in the past. 

Usually the final bundle will be:

- all "normal" stuff at a decent discount, but still a high $price. Previous ones have been 3xships

- a collection of uncommon but not OP ships that arent usually on sale, e.g. mikasa, smith, tachibana

- something that isnt currently on sale, with some extras added on

- something that got withdrawn from sale (gremmy, nickoli) with an absolute ton of extras tacked on and a very high $price

- a new ship with a bunch of extra and a high $price (possible graf zep, or the HSF collection)

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
1,642 posts
6,129 battles
11 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

Gallant will be sold on the 20th.

Source ?

[NED]
Players
1,642 posts
6,129 battles
5 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

Gallant could be out much sooner then that all we know for sure is that it will be available at the latest on the 20th.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,609 posts
5,132 battles

Just bought it - very nice discount, it can now sit alongside my Kaga and Big E looking good in port until I decide to start playing CV;s again.

[NED]
Players
1,642 posts
6,129 battles
14 minutes ago, WestyII said:

Worth it? I've only dabbled in CVs so far

Saipan by all accounts is a very good carrier some say even OP its big downside is you are going to play with a carrier.

• Cool 2

[UN1]
Beta Tester
168 posts
4,767 battles
6 hours ago, MoveZig said:

As I feared, it's only on the webstore and not for doubloons. If that's how it's going to be, I won't be buying a damn thing in this sale.

I have to agree to that. I saved up a nice pile of dubloons for this summer sale and i sure as hell am not buying them "again" for shop only offers

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
1,642 posts
6,129 battles
44 minutes ago, AndyHill said:

What happens if you buy a premium ship you already own? Silver or doubloons?

I think dubloons but you wont get the 100% gold value of a ship if its discounted instead you get the gold value of the discounted price.

Players
578 posts
5,000 battles

Got 9,500 dublons for my "second" saipan - so 100% because its not discounted in dublons.

Great deal to buy dublons - could even buy "a third" saipan for more cheap dublons if you like.