You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
gangster9632

Nerfs kill the fun

50 comments in this topic

[TERMS]
Players
18 posts

I understand that some nerfs are needed but killing the Khaba for the second time in a row really sucks. 10km torps back to 6, ruddershift, what is next speed, relaod and gun range. Your killing the fun  in the game, if you can only grind for nothing and see all that work and crap ships where you have to grind through was for nothing. That sucks. Last time it was the Zao, now I hardly play it any more. What is next, going to nerf the Minotaur? I don't understand why your taking the fun out of the game. Players are willing to do much for nice ships like invest a lot of money. If you make them less fun to play, why invest anymore? Im getting the WOT feeling here to and thats not good.

[-MM]
Beta Tester
1,182 posts
1,435 battles

There is the fun of everyone else that do not have to face too good ships.

Khaba has been OP for ages and the first nerfs were very minor. 

[TERMS]
Players
18 posts

You call ruddershift x2 very minor? It makes a world of difference. Even when they buf strange choices are made. Check the new Grozovoi bufs. It gets reload and camo. What it needs is speed, its a Russain DD!! It has the same speed as a shima, better to keep the Udaloi and leave the Groz for the dogs.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,770 posts
10,685 battles

They actually do what they can to nerf Khaba so that it's not OP but without removing her special qualities - the DPM, speed and troll armor. Basically, they do waht they can to NOT kill the fun while doing something about the ship being blatantly OP.

Want to see fun-killing nerfs? Go see what they do to Shiratsuyu next patch.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,088 posts
14,054 battles

This nerf with the Khabarovsk annoys me, mostly because I like using the combination of guns and torpedoes to deny an area. This just turns the Khaba into more mindless HE spamming at max range which, to be fair is sort of what she was doing anyways. I guess I'd just go back to the Hindenburg, the one tier 10 cruiser that seems impervious to nerfs along with the Moskva.

[DSW]
Players
3,792 posts
7,737 battles
1 hour ago, gangster9632 said:

I understand that some nerfs are needed but killing the Khaba for the second time in a row really sucks. 10km torps back to 6, ruddershift, what is next speed, relaod and gun range. Your killing the fun  in the game, if you can only grind for nothing and see all that work and crap ships where you have to grind through was for nothing. That sucks. Last time it was the Zao, now I hardly play it any more. What is next, going to nerf the Minotaur? I don't understand why your taking the fun out of the game. Players are willing to do much for nice ships like invest a lot of money. If you make them less fun to play, why invest anymore? Im getting the WOT feeling here to and thats not good.

Zao, Khaba and Minotaur? You seem remarkably good at picking the overpowered/overperforming ships... maybe you should have grinded for Hindenburg and Montana instead? Those have been getting some nice buffs lately, and they were very fun ships even before that...

• Cool 2

Players
341 posts
6,326 battles

Mino is only OP in the hands of people who can handle it well, and the Khabas armour is also it's weak link, the number of times I have fired an AP salvo and halved it's HP in a Bismarck or even Yamato. Don't have the Zao so can't really comment but I assume people are talking about the stealth fire nerf.

[DPT]
Players
232 posts
7,894 battles

Half the rudder time, and 15.6 km range with 3.5 s reload. Thats what Khaba used to have and it certainly was OP. 

Now I don't think so. I mean how can it overperform in the first place if there is no reference to how it should perform?

Khaba has cruiser armor with high dpm. Of course it eats DDs for lunch. It is fast enough to be every where around the map, kinda like a CV.

As already mentioned, with that superb rudder nerf BBs can hit you reliably. And not for just 1k but 8k and up.

I mean you have only 13km range, so everything you can engage can also shoot at you. 

The only reason people consider it OP to begin with is because it can kill other DDs way too easy. 

Just make it a god damn cruiser already and give it a citadel. Buff the rudder again and she should be fine.

Maybe even more range, 500m should be fine.  I think that would make it a really nice Cruiser.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,069 posts
17,316 battles
7 minutes ago, Darth_Glorious said:

Khaba nerf is a distraction for Grozovoi + Ognevoi buffs :cap_haloween:

Yesss, Ognevoi, the next OP ship for stapadders, so strong! :Smile_great:

Players
349 posts
2,315 battles
3 hours ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Ships on European server 
Last two weeks
Win rate

Khabarovsk    55.97%

Weirdly those stats also show the Minotaur to be average and the Des Moines to be the best T10 cruiser. The zao is also the worst cruiser. What the heck is going on with these stats.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,069 posts
17,316 battles
1 hour ago, Bladezfist said:

Weirdly those stats also show the Minotaur to be average and the Des Moines to be the best T10 cruiser. The zao is also the worst cruiser. What the heck is going on with these stats.

Those are the stats, Zao was hit hard by the stealth fire removal, and because of its previous stealth fire capability had its HP reduced hard.

[TOXIC]
Players
1,154 posts
16,419 battles
5 hours ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Ships on European server 
Last two weeks
Win rate

Khabarovsk    55.97%

You forgot to mention that in last two weeks Khaba average dealt 21k more damage than the second dd on the list - Grozovoi (which strangely would be buffed).

[DPT]
Players
232 posts
7,894 battles
6 hours ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Ships on European server 
Last two weeks
Win rate

Khabarovsk    55.97%

1 hour ago, fumtu said:

You forgot to mention that in last two weeks Khaba average dealt 21k more damage than the second dd on the list - Grozovoi (which strangely would be buffed).

Which is super hard since it primarily uses main guns for dmg just like every cruiser.

Oh wait even the worst TX cruiser has as much avg dmg as Khaba.

The better WR is just because it kills DDs very efficiently. 

Most of the games nowadays are Domination and DDs mean a huge advantage there.

So obviously the team with the best DD hunter has the edge, this isn't a matter of performance but rather design...

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
11 hours ago, gangster9632 said:

all destroyer leader class should have 4-5km torps 75-80knots just because gunboat style atm is more like puff-puff from a smoke screen than dancing under shells

i get zao after stealth removal and still avrg dmg per game is 90-100k depends on last few games just base is low 122battles atm im using her as credits grinder just because is more fun

just WASD harder&btw all that stealth crap was pure BS real solution was only target that u slamming hard to be able to see you - fairplay(more like fearplay)he can shoot you back

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,069 posts
17,316 battles
9 minutes ago, Desteban said:

Which is super hard since it primarily uses main guns for dmg just like every cruiser.

Oh wait even the worst TX cruiser has as much avg dmg as Khaba.

Oh, wait, even the worst tier 10 cruiser has a citadel, and does not have 50 mm armor or over 45 knots...

Enlighten me, is it OP or not? Can you be impartial?

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
1 hour ago, fumtu said:

5 hours ago, 22cm said:

Yesss, Ognevoi, the next OP ship for stapadders, so strong! :Smile_great:

5 hours ago, Darth_Glorious said:

Khaba nerf is a distraction for Grozovoi + Ognevoi buffs :cap_haloween:

[DPT]
Players
232 posts
7,894 battles
1 minute ago, 22cm said:

Oh, wait, even the worst tier 10 cruiser has a citadel, and does not have 50 mm armor or over 45 knots...

Enlighten me, is it OP or not? Can you be impartial?

That considered even Zao has atleast 40k health, almost twice Khabas health pool .

There were posted enough screenshots of AP penetrations on of DDs on the other thread.

Khaba takes often enough full penetrations and very rarely overpens so you can say that she surely takes a lot of dmg. 

Thanks to the recent rudder nerf BBs can if aimed right even totally devestate her. 

Des Moines AP is very effectiv thanks to her good shell normalization.

But even the Hindenburg AP can punish her on a broadside for 10k+, thanks to the HE buff those shells penetrate as well.

The speed is literally the only thing that keeps her alive.

[TERMS]
Players
18 posts

So the Khaba is getting nerfed for killing other DD's. This is the thing it's good at. After this nerf it will still kill DD's and the win rate would not change. So people keep crying about it and the next nerf will automatically follow. Until its so crappy that no one wants it anymore.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,069 posts
17,316 battles
55 minutes ago, Desteban said:

The speed is literally the only thing that keeps her alive.

Poor little thingy,  only Ognevoi and T-22 beat him as the worst destroyer in game. And that is only because they don t have the speed to keep them alive.

[DPT]
Players
232 posts
7,894 battles
6 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Poor little thingy,  only Ognevoi and T-22 beat him as the worst destroyer in game. And that is only because they don t have the speed to keep them alive.

Okay okay...

So you are basically saying what? That a TX destroyer (which shouldn't even be a DD but a CL) is better than a T5/T8 DD?

Give me a reason to believe she is OP? I mean on what bases are you saying it overperforms?

Because dmg wise she is inline with the cruisers, as for the winrate thats going to happen by design since she excels at killing DDs and in Domination you need them.

If your side has a Khaba and the enemy only IJN DDs then there is no doubt Khaba wins by virtue of being a DD hunter, kinda like putting a wolf in a hen house and wondering about the result.

You may cry all you want how OP she is but at the end you don't even have her and neither can you formualte a single argument as to why her performance is better than it should be.

If you would mirror her just like CVs so every team has a designated DD hunter the WR would be inline with all the other ships. 

Either making her a cruiser or putting in another ship of her type would propably solve her being viewed as OP.

Don't get me wrong there was a time when she was downright broken, but those times lie in the past. 

Cruisers do dmg to her and so do BBs even CV crossdrops, the only class that can' touch her are DDs.

If anything putting her to the DDs was a bad design choice but besides that she isn't OP at all.

In fact all that considered, she became so hard to play that I have serious trouble imagining 

the normal TX player performing with her at all.