You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ImperialAdmiral

Operation Newport is back. No new rewards?

19 comments in this topic

Players
1,020 posts
5,453 battles

I mean I'm rather pessumistic so I took such option under consideration but seriously, come on. What is the point then of those operation. Complete it once and never play those again? 

At least they could unlock the hard mode if they want to keep people interested in that mode.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles

When you normally play the game it's just about playing (fun), XP and credits. Which is exactly what you get from these operations.

It's a better co-op mode.

Who knows what the upcoming "seasons" of operations will hold. New tiers? Other rewards? Something completely different?

Players
1,020 posts
5,453 battles
19 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Playing for fun?

I heard that is what playing is about.

7 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

When you normally play the game it's just about playing (fun), XP and credits. Which is exactly what you get from these operations.

It's a better co-op mode.

Who knows what the upcoming "seasons" of operations will hold. New tiers? Other rewards? Something completely different?

Unfortunately even if it is fun in gets boring pretty quick due to more or less scripted enemy appearance.

And besides for fun I have random. PvP will always be better for me.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles
6 minutes ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Same for me. So I don't really see the issue.

For people that prefer operations over random battles they can play operations indefinitely and get roughly the same rewards as in random.

For everyone else we just play what is the most fun for us and possibly dip into operations just for the rewards and then leave them be.

Players
1,020 posts
5,453 battles
12 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Same for me. So I don't really see the issue.

For people that prefer operations over random battles they can play operations indefinitely and get roughly the same rewards as in random.

For everyone else we just play what is the most fun for us and possibly dip into operations just for the rewards and then leave them be.

There is an issue from marketing point of view. Because without proper support this mode might die. They intoduced it as a new big thing and I see lack of continuity. When you advertise a product you need to provide a continual support for a least the first months of it. I know they are preparing the Dunkirk one and hard mode but still. The continuity of providing new content was cut after one month. 

I know it is probably one of the first world problems but it seriously struck a nerve.

[PORT]
Modder
1,492 posts
10,983 battles

I'm happy that it started again and has not just ended, like an event.

Still gonna play it for fun & credits.

Coop will always be better for me. Each to his own. :cap_cool:

Beta Tester
15 posts

I think it is great they have brought it back. As I don't get to play much now I only had one go at it. Although I was lucky to be on a 5 star team I would like to think with the experience I have built up on the other 3 missions I can help others get the 5 in this one now.

Anyway I am finding the missions good fun and a great way to relax. 

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,610 posts
5,147 battles

is it still an IJN captain?

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles

I for one am happy, missed it the first time and didn't get the IJN cap. Remember that Operations are still in a testing phase, though some new rewards would have been a nice incentive.

Beta Tester, Players
278 posts
5,033 battles

It's still impossible to get 4 stars win random teams. Getting 2 is already asking a lot, 3 is a miracle. Teammates already begin to die et the SECOND wave. :Smile_facepalm:

Aegis: 4 stars on 1rst try
Raptor: 5 stars on first try

Killer Whale: 5 stars on first try

Newport? 15 games and still 3 stars MAX. While the only captain I desperately need is the Japanese one. ^^

Beta Tester, Players
278 posts
5,033 battles
20 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

5 stars on first try...

Just... HOW?

I just missed a 4-stars from VERY close. Most of the teammates were quite competent and focusing targets. Our Fubuki did nothing. Our dumb Ryujo went to the spawn of the Lexington and got desintegrated by the Tier 8 cruisers. :Smile_facepalm: I was the last man alive. Then the Gneiseneau shot a salvo 5 seconds before to sink, who took out one single installation, taking away one star.

And guess what? It was the most competent team I ever had for this mission. 

[BOOF]
Players
111 posts
3,046 battles

These COOP missions are blighted by random teams, not just player skill variation but the fact that you can get teams of mostly tier 5 which make missions next to impossible.

Until they actually use some intelligence and do something about balancing player teams to the BOT opponents my money stays in my wallet.

You want a coop game that you lose occasionally just to keep reminding you that it is a challenge, not one that you lose most of the time.

So Summer sale?   No ta I will keep my money.

[BOOF]
Players
111 posts
3,046 battles
2 hours ago, Sams_Baneblade said:

Just... HOW?

I just missed a 4-stars from VERY close. Most of the teammates were quite competent and focusing targets. Our Fubuki did nothing. Our dumb Ryujo went to the spawn of the Lexington and got desintegrated by the Tier 8 cruisers. :Smile_facepalm: I was the last man alive. Then the Gneiseneau shot a salvo 5 seconds before to sink, who took out one single installation, taking away one star.

And guess what? It was the most competent team I ever had for this mission. 

Random luck, if it was a random team

Beta Tester
871 posts
5,588 battles
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:30 AM, ImperialAdmiral said:

I mean I'm rather pessumistic so I took such option under consideration but seriously, come on. What is the point then of those operation. Complete it once and never play those again? 

At least they could unlock the hard mode if they want to keep people interested in that mode.

Hard mode. Just did 7 battles on normal and not one star. Came top in every battle and even 9 kills doesn't help when you have teams of special players, 7 teams of them..just wow!. Good job I have all 5 stars for all operations but my poor team mate needs the stars.

Would be nice if WG could random the prizes at the end. Don't expect 10 point captains every time but at least something, like flags, camouflage. Ranked battles gets prizes every time so why not operations which requires team work with random players.

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,809 battles
On 6-7-2017 at 10:06 PM, Sams_Baneblade said:

It's still impossible to get 4 stars win random teams. Getting 2 is already asking a lot, 3 is a miracle. Teammates already begin to die et the SECOND wave. :Smile_facepalm:

Aegis: 4 stars on 1rst try
Raptor: 5 stars on first try

Killer Whale: 5 stars on first try

Newport? 15 games and still 3 stars MAX. While the only captain I desperately need is the Japanese one. ^^

I completed all Ops (5 stars) on the 1st try with randoms. :Smile_honoring:

Players
1,020 posts
5,453 battles
59 minutes ago, Venatacia said:

Hard mode. Just did 7 battles on normal and not one star. Came top in every battle and even 9 kills doesn't help when you have teams of special players, 7 teams of them..just wow!. Good job I have all 5 stars for all operations but my poor team mate needs the stars.

Would be nice if WG could random the prizes at the end. Don't expect 10 point captains every time but at least something, like flags, camouflage. Ranked battles gets prizes every time so why not operations which requires team work with random players.

That's why I play with my clan and avoide random teammates mate.

Beta Tester, Players
278 posts
5,033 battles
1 hour ago, MaxxyNL said:

I completed all Ops (5 stars) on the 1st try with randoms. :Smile_honoring:

desk-flip.png