You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ABED1984

Nerf All Or Leave All !!

34 comments in this topic

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,048 posts
29,707 battles

Wargaming, Please stop messing around with our ships under the name of "Balancing" them. Wargaming is willing to remove the 10km torps from the Khabarovsk which means that even cruisers have better torps than her. I frankly keep asking myself "What's the real purpose of the patches and updates?" other than ruining the game for players. I would be happy if they leave the game as it is and not ruin it cuz you decided so! I miss the old the days where I get my game not touched from its developers. Thanks!

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,048 posts
29,707 battles
1 minute ago, Nechrom said:

Is this satire?

I can't tell.

It's what it's.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles

Satire or not, WG should really offer a refund on Permanent camo for Tech Tree ships they change. 

I'm still pretty salty from Aki being messed around with and I'll never buy another camo again because of it.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles
7 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Satire or not, WG should really offer a refund on Permanent camo for Tech Tree ships they change. 

I'm still pretty salty from Aki being messed around with and I'll never buy another camo again because of it.

Controversial opinion:

I don't think they should. I've bought premium camo for a lot of ships, including Akizuki and Zao.

While I agree that changes have made those investments worth less, I also think you should realize this when investing in OP ships. Just like WG shouldn't reimburse all your time spent grinding those ships, which honestly is worth more than the 8-19€ you can spend on a camo.

If WG was forced to reimburse the camo value on ships they change, I don't think they would bother with permanent premium camo at all to be honest. So I'd rather have premium camo options with no reimbursement, than not having them at all.

• Cool 1

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles
20 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

If WG was forced to reimburse the camo value on ships they change, I don't think they would bother with permanent premium camo at all to be honest. So I'd rather have premium camo options with no reimbursement, than not having them at all.

Or they could make a bit of effort balancing ships instead of releasing hardly/poorly tested stuff.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles
8 minutes ago, JapLance said:

Or they could take a bit of effort balancing ships instead of releasing hardly/poorly tested stuff.

That's just a little bit intellectually dishonest.

Don't get me wrong. I would also like them to spend more time testing new ships, like not only with STs.

But it's not really that easy. There is only so much you can do outside the live servers.

Players
55 posts
10,698 battles

Ships that are, I believe the phrase is "OP as ****" should get balancing passes. (yes, even Premiums IMO)

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,499 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

Why? That permanent camo wasn't changed at all.

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,499 battles
19 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

But it's not really that easy. There is only so much you can do outside the live servers.

Not only that, but there's also the issue of changing / evolving meta. When you add one ship to the pool, the meta gets changed a bit and it increases the pool. Add another ship, it again affects the meta and again increases pool. etc

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles
52 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Controversial opinion:

I don't think they should. I've bought premium camo for a lot of ships, including Akizuki and Zao.

While I agree that changes have made those investments worth less, I also think you should realize this when investing in OP ships. Just like WG shouldn't reimburse all your time spent grinding those ships, which honestly is worth more than the 8-19€ you can spend on a camo.

Maybe, but I didn't consider Aki particularly OP when she was released. I invested in the camo as the ship seems interesting to play.

I've come to my own answers anyway, as in I simply won't buy Permanent camo anymore under any circumstances.

WG could refund in doubloons so you'll spend them anyway.

Maybe this isn't such a big deal but WG don't do themselves many favours in Tanks or Ships recently.

7 minutes ago, Takru said:

Why? That permanent camo wasn't changed at all.

Yeah but the ship has undergone some pretty big changes and as a result Aki isn't what I grinded to. At least when lines split WG gave compensation but they didn't do anything for the SF changes. 

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,499 battles
38 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Yeah but the ship has undergone some pretty big changes and as a result Aki isn't what I grinded to. At least when lines split WG gave compensation but they didn't do anything for the SF changes. 

It's no news that they can change the line ships at a whim, you knew that when you spent the dubloons on the premium camo which, what we both agreed upon already, in itself wasn't changed at all, so you still can use the premium camo in exactly the same way as before.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles

But if everything is nerfed, then nothing is nerfed... :cap_hmm:

What's the point then? Is there even a point? Is everything meaningless? :cap_haloween:

Good point OP, food for thought for us all.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles
30 minutes ago, Takru said:

It's no news that they can change the line ships at a whim, you knew that when you spent the dubloons on the premium camo which, what we both agreed upon already, in itself wasn't changed at all, so you still can use the premium camo in exactly the same way as before.

Meh. It's not a huge amount of money but the changes didn't really make any sense to me. 

I know better now anyway from this and the RU DD changes (lost somewhere in the region of 75k Free XP when Udaloi got slapped down to Hull A). I'm a lot more careful with my spending now...

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,048 posts
29,707 battles
2 hours ago, Turin7 said:

But if everything is nerfed, then nothing is nerfed... :cap_hmm:

What's the point then? Is there even a point? Is everything meaningless? :cap_haloween:

Good point OP, food for thought for us all.

And why nerf from the first place?!! Everything should be kept as it is once it goes live and that will make WG think twice before releasing any new ships/stuff.

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,809 battles
5 hours ago, ABED1984 said:

Wargaming, Please stop messing around with our ships under the name of "Balancing" them. Wargaming is willing to remove the 10km torps from the Khabarovsk which means that even cruisers have better torps than her. I frankly keep asking myself "What's the real purpose of the patches and updates?" other than ruining the game for players. I would be happy if they leave the game as it is and not ruin it cuz you decided so! I miss the old the days where I get my game not touched from its developers. Thanks!

:Smile_facepalm:

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,171 posts
2,397 battles

As the game mechanics are changed/tweaked so the way ships will perform changes. Balancing will always happen, just bare that in mind when you put real cash into the game.

Nothing in the WG gaming world is fixed or permenant. Anything can and probably will change. Except one thing and I'm not going to say what that is but it relates to WG and us customers :Smile_hiding:

Supertester
2,374 posts
9,476 battles
21 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

And why nerf from the first place?!! Everything should be kept as it is once it goes live and that will make WG think twice before releasing any new ships/stuff.

You are a troll, right?

Because that's not how any MMOG works. It can't. Meta's change, new content changes the way old content works....if WG would do what you are proposing, this game would already be dead.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,222 posts
7,214 battles

my personal point of view is this:

if its premium then leave it as it was sold and no changes no mater what and if its a op ship then remove it from sale

if its a researchable ship then its open to changes no mater what even if you buy premium camo for it but they should allow you the option if the ship has had a major nerf change is gun range nerf or spotting nerf ect then wg should allow you to exchange the premium camo for it and give you doubloons

as for the change all or nothing is madness I tell thee madness :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles
35 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

I wish I had that much confidence in WG to get things right first time. :cap_old:

And, as others pointed out,  the game is constantly evolving, new lines are introduced etc. ergo balancing and tweaks are pretty much necessary.

Finally, ships that are blatantly OP (and yes, the Kebab *is* OP) need to face the Nerfhammer. :etc_red_button:

[TOXIC]
Players
1,149 posts
16,398 battles
3 hours ago, Negativvv said:

I know better now anyway from this and the RU DD changes (lost somewhere in the region of 75k Free XP when Udaloi got slapped down to Hull A). I'm a lot more careful with my spending now...

Technically you didn't lost it as all your Udaloy experience and upgrades ware transfered to Tashkent when it was moved to T9. Now did you want this or not is a different thing.

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,048 posts
29,707 battles
14 hours ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

new content changes the way old content works....

So every new content comes out will mean nerfing old ships?!! Why grind a ship line from the first place then?!! Maybe this game should be called "World of Premium Ships" cuz premiums don't get nerfed.:Smile_sceptic:

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,062 posts
17,308 battles

Really? Curious just how much did you abuse that OP ship...

[BUSHI]
Players
3,031 posts
16,217 battles
3 hours ago, ABED1984 said:

So every new content comes out will mean nerfing old ships?!! Why grind a ship line from the first place then?!! Maybe this game should be called "World of Premium Ships" cuz premiums don't get nerfed.:Smile_sceptic:

Not exactly - all German's BB secondaries including premiums are going to be nerfed heavily in the next patch.

[DPT]
Players
230 posts
7,894 battles
1 minute ago, Odo_Toothless said:

Not exactly - all German's BB secondaries including premiums are going to be nerfed heavily in the next patch.

This is actually a nerf of the secondary shells though. They didn't touch the premium ships. So just like the stealth fire removal it wasn't really a nerf of the premiums but a nerf that also affected them. Semantically that is different and in that regard not expecting real nerfs for premiums is still safe to assume...