You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shrez

RADAR

49 comments in this topic

[L-O-W]
[L-O-W]
Beta Tester
146 posts
3,405 battles

plz WG remove this noob tool it's way to op against DD's or decrease range for DD spoting coz they are smaller.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,274 posts
6,683 battles

did u meet mr belfast?

• Cool 1

Players
341 posts
6,326 battles

Maybe not allow a lock on a target only visible through radar, therefore reducing accuracy against it.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles
14 minutes ago, Flid_Merchant said:

Maybe not allow a lock on a target only visible through radar, therefore reducing accuracy against it.

OMG ... god (WG) forbid that youll need skill to hit them !!!!! then the whine will rain like a hurricane !!! from the lesser skilled..... 

I really like the that ideer ... but i wont happen ... curs it is not noob friendly 

mang 

• Cool 3

Players
1,669 posts
9,100 battles

OP has a point, the overabundance of the kiddie tool that is radar gets ridiculous, and especially giving it to BBs who can just go bow in somewhere and don't have to be afraid to pop it. A cruiser at least has to be afraid to be deleted himself when trying to use it.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,274 posts
6,683 battles

they should not hand out more radars to mutch more ships no.

but as it stands i do not really think radar is an issue.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
531 posts
13,614 battles

Beta tester whinning for radar use, ok.....
Also make a thread of buff bbs to insta kill from edge of the map thread! :)

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

I must say the addition of radar did make DD's a whole lot less fun to play, especially those DD's which rely on their torpedo output and can't do this from outside of radar ranges and IJN has enough of those. Strangely enough, other nations seem to be getting better torpedoes then the WWII country famous for it's in use Long Lance torpedoes :cap_book:

Missouri is broken, BB shouldn't have radar..... *looks angrily at WG concerning the new BB line announced WITH RADAR*. WG, if you want to be 100% you will lose some more players over new additions, put radar on tech tree battleships. I'm not going to say please, I rather you make the game more fun again. 

• Cool 4

[NLWG]
Players
124 posts
8,134 battles

Sorry but it's not a kiddie tool it's a counter play. What about removing radar and giving DDs a citadel (second naval battle of Narvik)? I always see "BBabies crying" being quoted but when you drill down it's the DD players who whine. I was gutted when I lost the Minekaze in her original form but the game moves on.

I wish WG would fix the stupid bow on tactic as this game gets more like WoT every week. Have any of the devs been to sea and understand how a warship works? I seriously doubt it. We're forced to fight at these ridiculous short ranges so ships can't fight in their natural immune zones. Hiding behind islands, really???

A good example of a Dev having no clue about naval warfare, Hydro. In WoWS you can move at full speed and your hydro works perfectly, HA! Total BS.

I'm slowly losing my will to play this WoT in a new skin game anymore due to the stupid mechanics. My suggestion on improving the game, send the Devs to a naval college and learn how naval warfare works, employ some ex sailors on the dev team.

Rant over.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,653 posts
10,873 battles

To be honest, you did not need radar to counter DD before radar was introduced. And even today I sink most DD without radar help.

On the other hand radar is no I-Win button. Radar ships are known and can be evaded.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles

Seriously though, radar is probably one of the worst additions to the game in a long time.

Bla bla bla counterplay, bla bla bla rock paper scissors etc. Irrelevant. Radar is an awful way to approach that kind of gameplay. 

Hydro is fine, has drawbacks and can be used in a lot of different situations. Good skill.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles
19 minutes ago, iFax said:

Sorry but it's not a kiddie tool it's a counter play. What about removing radar and giving DDs a citadel (second naval battle of Narvik)? I always see "BBabies crying" being quoted but when you drill down it's the DD players who whine. I was gutted when I lost the Minekaze in her original form but the game moves on.

I wish WG would fix the stupid bow on tactic as this game gets more like WoT every week. Have any of the devs been to sea and understand how a warship works? I seriously doubt it. We're forced to fight at these ridiculous short ranges so ships can't fight in their natural immune zones. Hiding behind islands, really???

A good example of a Dev having no clue about naval warfare, Hydro. In WoWS you can move at full speed and your hydro works perfectly, HA! Total BS.

I'm slowly losing my will to play this WoT in a new skin game anymore due to the stupid mechanics. My suggestion on improving the game, send the Devs to a naval college and learn how naval warfare works, employ some ex sailors on the dev team.

Rant over.

Yeah, those nasty DD players getting buff after buff and still complaining, nasty people right!

Ow wait.... :rolleyes:

Even if WG removed the emote, I still can't think of a better way to display my reaction to your 'informational post'.

You think this is a simulator? Yes? Then you're wrong. You think it will ever be a simulator? Yes? Wrong, it won't. So stop asking for things which are not going to happen anyway and which therefore are entirely irrelevant, and please explain how you think ships fighting in their immune zone would be more 'engaging' then from behind islands.

[NLWG]
Players
124 posts
8,134 battles

Sorry but to use Hydro you should be forced to slow down, Radar should be blocked by islands.

[NLWG]
Players
124 posts
8,134 battles
1 minute ago, mtm78 said:

Yeah, those nasty DD players getting buff after buff and still complaining, nasty people right!

Ow wait.... :rolleyes:

Even if WG removed the emote, I still can't think of a better way to display my reaction to your 'informational post'.

You think this is a simulator? Yes? Then you're wrong. You think it will ever be a simulator? Yes? Wrong, it won't. So stop asking for things which are not going to happen anyway and which therefore are entirely irrelevant, and please explain how you think ships fighting in their immune zone would be more 'engaging' then from behind islands.

1. Nasty people, no, you said that not me. DDs had it easy from day one that's why people enjoyed playing them.

2. Informational post, no. Merely my expression of annoyance at how WG are dealing with this game

3. Simulator, no. I want some modicum of realism so the game feels like a naval engagement

4. Immune zones can be overcome. Islands, do you like being shelled by an island when you’re Russian DD lazers can’t hit back?

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles
4 minutes ago, iFax said:

DDs had it easy from day one that's why people enjoyed playing them.

What is day one? Alpha? Then yes, but then we had beta and from that point on DDs have never had it easy with a couple of exceptions.

People enjoy playing them because they offer a completely different playstyle.

Can we please stop using the fallacy that popularity is exclusively tied to effectiveness, ease of use and/or power of the ship in question. The sooner that misconception dies the sooner we can start having serious discussions about balance without it getting derailed.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles
15 minutes ago, iFax said:

1. Nasty people, no, you said that not me. DDs had it easy from day one that's why people enjoyed playing them.

2. Informational post, no. Merely my expression of annoyance at how WG are dealing with this game

3. Simulator, no. I want some modicum of realism so the game feels like a naval engagement

4. Immune zones can be overcome. Islands, do you like being shelled by an island when you’re Russian DD lazers can’t hit back?

1. You weren't even around on day one, stop making statements about stuff you know nothing about. 

2. :cap_haloween:

3. It has ship models which shoot guns and torpedoes, if you want something closer to real life naval warfare you've come to the wrong game. 

4. Immune zone's can be overcome, really? By moving perhaps? Like how you can move to prevent getting shelled from behind an island, or to get to a position where you can shoot behind said island. 

[NLWG]
Players
124 posts
8,134 battles
4 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

1. You weren't even around on day one, stop making statements about stuff you know nothing about.

I was going to reply to this but I'll let it drop.

Have a good day everyone.

Players
961 posts
4,865 battles

Well, radar is sort of a mixed bag. On the one hand it prevents the game from becoming a mindless smoke camp fest.  On the other, however, it enables you to punish players who did everything right, especially when it comes to ships whose radar range exceeds their own concealment. 

Also, spotting through islands is just nasty, not to mention God mode in cyclones. For cruisers I am fine with it, but on bbs it is just ridiculously broken.

Oh, dare I say the real Shimakaze had a surface radar? People would be losing their **** if that ever were in the game. 

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,085 posts
11,638 battles

Cruisers with radar are fin as is. Their inherent fragility makes using radar a potentially perilous endeavor. 

BBs with radar are not fine at all and they shouldn't have it. A BB with 70hp bow on and radar is a considerable obstacle that has a significant contribution to making the gameplay static because of how difficult it is to dislodge.

[PRAVD]
Players
1,102 posts
5,601 battles

Radar ships can be avoided, sure, as how it is now. But what if the RN BBs get released with radar? Pretty big chance you'll meet a lot more radar ships, considering the BB overpopulation. In addition to radar cruisers and maybe even Black. Good luck then in your DD, who needs its stealth to survive and has to come within radar range to reliably use its torps.

In addition to that, why would you pick a cruiser if a battleship can do almost the same, but without the risk of getting oneshotted?

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
652 posts
4,359 battles
1 hour ago, iFax said:

Sorry but to use Hydro you should be forced to slow down, Radar should be blocked by islands.

Erhh, thing is, when you activate hydro, you hear active sonar, which doesnt give a crap if you or your target is moving. (Unless they are forming knuckles ((Not sure if surface vessels can do that))). So maybe WG should switch the name "Hydro" with "Active Sonar"

As for it going through islands... Well, there needs to be some counter against DDs sitting behind islands. Otherwise 1 DD could hold an entire cap and a massive: You go first, no you, no you, after you my dear friend etc. would form cause who wants to sail out into a Shimakaze at 3km?

And as for radar, I agree in that it should be a cruiser only thing, which would help restore cruisers to the Utility role.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,726 posts
7,357 battles

Had to put down my morning beer at the campsite im in atm to reply to this. As a DD playa im fine with radar, just because any CL using it might get punished. Ok forget Belfast as its an anomaly. As for the BBs... If WG wants to add radar to them fine, but please make it a 10 second one and 7 km max. That would be fair right? As for the islands... welits ok that radar pens them. At least you can peak whos behind the island and if u want to take him out some teamplay flanking is required. Now back to beer and then to the beach... cya bwoyos!

• Cool 2

Players
440 posts
5,824 battles
3 hours ago, mtm78 said:

Missouri is broken, BB shouldn't have radar.....

No no the cash machine is not broken -> deleted a fletcher and a yugumo yesterday with my Missouri :cap_haloween:

This said in both cases my radar was on cooldown....still tomatoes will cry it is due to radar being OP....

Radar for BB = useless except for BB that push with their cruisers but I find it quite disturbing this increase of radar-equipped BB.

On the other hand, DM without radar would be less fun (sinking noob DD standing still in their smoke) but I would manage.

All in all, adaptability is best....you play a DD and you are facing a team comprising a missouri and a moskva, well simple, play it safe and require some support till those 2 ships are spotted then you know where they are and simply avoid them.