You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FreelanceCaptain

Dear Wargaming (An Open Letter to Wargaming)

1 comment in this topic

Players
12 posts
3,054 battles

Dear Mr Ph3lan and Warships Team,

Hi! I know you guys are busy doing whatever it is you do in your studio to improve the game which we all appreciate. You made a great game! I mean, where else could you take command of a destroyer and make a few Battleship captain regret their life choices by sailing in straight lines, or by taking command of a Cruiser and making a few Destroyers regret their life choices for trying to smoke within 10 k of you when you have both Hydro and Radar? I mean its just a lot of fun most of the time. Of course there are AFK'ers, griefers and enough salt to fill the Dead Sea many times over but overall great.

My only issue with the game is the Carriers, Please allow me to explain. I used to play CV's very often. In fact if you take a look at my Service Record you will see I grinded my way all the way upto the Ryujo and was grinding up to the Hiryu. Then all of a sudden for some inexplicable reason, the CV's were impossible to play anymore. So i just ignored it thinking it was a bug which would be fixed very soon and played other ships. After a while I tried again and the issue still persisted and that has been the case till now. So far this is the third post I have made regarding the issue with no input from anyone at WarGaming apart from Alpha and Beta testers who were sympathetic to my situation and the only conclusion I can come up with is that one of your patches has broken the CV game play.

Links to my two previous posts regarding this issue:

Carrier Lag Spiking

Carriers Are Broken

Instead of getting a steady 50-60 fps and 80-100 ms as I used to before, I now am confronted by lag spikes which exceed 10,000 ms and tank at -35 ms after which I get immediately disconnected. This happens every single time for the entirety of the game from the match start until I die. Only after die does the ping and frame rate go back to normal. While I am alive, I frequently have these ping spikes and bottom outs about 10-20 times in a game resulting in me disconnecting and reconnecting for the entire duration of the game, during which time I am unable to make any significant contribution to my team. 

I have tried numerous times to troubleshoot this issue to no avail. I have already tried to uninstall the game, remove any trace of the game on my system, reinstall the game absolutely fresh as well as thoroughly check and recheck my antivirus (Norton) and firewall and my internet (20MBps). Unfortunately this has all been for nought as I am unable to play the one ship I actually enjoy trying to master.

I kindly request your assistance as I have run out of ideas about how to tackle this problem and I would really like to get back into playing CV's

I also include my Laptop specifications for you.

Acer Aspire E5-574G

Processor: Intel Core i7 6500 2.5Ghz

RAM: 12GB (11.9 usable)

System Type: Windows 10 64-bit OS, x64 based processor. 

Display Adapters: 

1. Intel HD Graphics 520

2. NVIDIA GeForce 940M.

Thanking You,

Yours Very Sincerely,

Ramkumar (Freelance Capt)