You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Raziel_Walker

What to expect in Public Test 0.6.8?

41 comments in this topic

Players
419 posts
7,356 battles

Balance Corrections, Japanese Destroyers: 

For Shiratsuyu, the Torpedo Reload Booster consumable was placed in the same slot with the Smoke Generator.

What will you use? Smoke or TRB? How do you feel about this change? At least you still have the choice since the akatsuki has no TRB option at all.

Balance Corrections, Soviet Destroyers: 

Grozovoi: reduced the standard detectability range from sea from 8.3 to 7.6 km. The reloading time of the main guns was reduced from 4.2 to 4 seconds

That is the same detectability range as Shima and Gearing. Slightly less maneuverability but looks like it is time to grind me another destroyer.

Khabarovsk: the ship will now carry only one type of torpedo armament–the ET-46. The detectability range of its torpedoes was reduced from 1.1 to 0.6 km. 

These are the shorter ranged 6 km torpedoes. Shame that they removed a useful torpedo systems leaving only a situational one.

Supercontainers: At the request of players we decreased the chances of getting special upgrades in supercontainers

In another topic a player announced saving up his supercontainers for this sort of change. Are SC contents determined when you receive them or when you open them?

Special upgrades

Surveillance Radar Modification 1, Hydroacoustic Search Modification 1 and Defensive Fire Modification 1 were moved to slot 4. 

Slot 4 is the one with Damage Control System, Propulsion and Steering Gears Modification 1 so you don't have to give up much to use these special upgrades. For some ships they are definately worth slotting.

What other changes announced for the next patch got your attention? https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/pt-068/

Work in progress, everything still subject to change of course.

• Cool 1

Players
744 posts
7,393 battles

the dunkirk mission/collection looks interesting ... at least to someone with collectoritise AND finally the special upgrades might not be so mince anymore.

now ... where did I put them?

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

It has been confirmed in the past, the contents of a container is determined at the point of opening rather than the point of receiving

Beta Tester
3,911 posts
13,875 battles

I usually expect nobody really TESTS anything on test server.

Way too many freaks who just want to play ships they don't own already, even though they are already available.

So I gave up on test server about a year ago

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

So the only competitive Japanese DD gets nerfed really hard. Way to go WG... What is the point of playing the damn ship at the moment?

Grozovoi = Gearing. Meh

At least the downgraded downgrades look promising.

• Cool 1

Players
760 posts
6,788 battles
7 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

I usually expect nobody really TESTS anything on test server.

Way too many freaks who just want to play ships they don't own already, even though they are already available.

So I gave up on test server about a year ago

why not do this, it means you can see whether a line is worth grinding.  I for one would like to try the AP bombs on higher tier USN CV's before they appear in the game in a PTS so I can decide what my Midway will use.  But still they tinker with issues round the edges and don't address issues with CV's they have admitted to. Surely that should be a priority because one entire ship class needs drastic work, then they can get the RN CV's out :)

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,787 posts
10,685 battles

Oh. R.I.P. Shiratsuyu. Good thing I never bought a permanent camo for you.

• Cool 1

Players
92 posts
6,007 battles
20 minutes ago, eliastion said:

I learned my lesson during the IJN DD split, bought permanent camo for Fubuki because i liked how she played then she got nerfed into oblivion to fit into T6.

Also Akatsuki is now clearly superior to Shiratsuyu, Akatsuki can fire 9 torpedoes every 76 seconds while Shiratsuyu can only fire 8 torpedoes every 101 seconds. So much balance.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,081 posts
11,109 battles
25 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Agreed, I'm going to move my captain to the Mutsuki and forget that i have the Shira. I expect the stats of the ship to tank after the update.

Beta Tester
324 posts
2,095 battles

I dislike how they are going about the torpedo reload booster consumable, while it can undoubtedly be fun and amusing, it is also a very risky consumable to use as you are no longer able to use smoke to get out of sticky situations. Taking it is also something of a selfish choice full stop since you can no longer assist your team by smoking them up, taking caps is also a lot riskier since if you run into a enemy DD, you could be in a world of trouble if you can't get out of detection range and stay out. It also renders you guns effectively useless, something IJN DD captains really should use more often! By using the consumable you pretty much HAVE to make the 2nd salvo count, which with IJN torpedoes at high tiers is not guaranteed.

Personally I think it would have been better if they had standardised on the 30 second version, and put it on the speed boost slot instead. That way it is still something of a risky choice, since IJN DDs are quite slow and various cruisers and destroyers can generally keep pace if not catch up without the speed boost, however it does not compromise the your ability to assist your team as much as loosing smoke does.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,787 posts
10,685 battles
38 minutes ago, snakecake said:

I learned my lesson during the IJN DD split, bought permanent camo for Fubuki because i liked how she played then she got nerfed into oblivion to fit into T6.

Also Akatsuki is now clearly superior to Shiratsuyu, Akatsuki can fire 9 torpedoes every 76 seconds while Shiratsuyu can only fire 8 torpedoes every 101 seconds. So much balance.

Clearly superior? Hard to say. Akatsuki still has really bad concealment. I mean, even at t7 she has only a very slight advantage (0,2-0,3 km) over Sims, Błyskawica and Leningrad. And then there are t8 ships that get Concealment Module...

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't bet that Shira is going to be worse than Akatsuki. But that's mostly due to the fact of Akatsuki being utter sh*t.

The new Shiratsuyu, btw, is going to become t7 Kagero, only significantly squishier, slightly slower, with less guns and without the concealment module. Frankly, I don't see her being one tier lower as being much of a saving grace - and, let's face it, it's not like Kagero is an overpowered DD anyay...

• Cool 1

Players
92 posts
6,007 battles
8 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Clearly superior? Hard to say. Akatsuki still has really bad concealment. I mean, even at t7 she has only a very slight advantage (0,2-0,3 km) over Sims, Błyskawica and Leningrad. And then there are t8 ships that get Concealment Module...

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't bet that Shira is going to be worse than Akatsuki. But that's mostly due to the fact of Akatsuki being utter sh*t.

The new Shiratsuyu, btw, is going to become t7 Kagero, only significantly squishier, slightly slower, with less guns and without the concealment module. Frankly, I don't see her being one tier lower as being much of a saving grace - and, let's face it, it's not like Kagero is an overpowered DD, right?

TIL that the 2nd best concealment rating for her tier is bad.

You have a 3,6KM window for stealth torping with Akatsuki  which is more then enough you also have more torpedoes that reload faster, and being a torpedo destroyer that is a advantage no matter how you cut it. Also don't forget that Akatsuki can go 38 knots without flag and speed boost meaning unlike Shiratsuyu you can actually can get away if you derp into enemy gun destroyers something Shira with her 34 knots will have trouble with.

Akatsuki is the T7 mini shimakaze, if you can't get her to work then you will have trouble getting the Shimakaze to work.

And Shiratsuyu faces the same troubles when uptiered, its concealment is equal to that of a Benson, so you get equally murdered as fast as Akatsuki will when running into a Benson.

And the Kagero is currently on warships.today  from the 8 Tier 8 destroyer placed 6th with Tashkent and Ognevoi under her, but those 2 are receiving buffs next patch so yea T7 kagero, guess Shiratsuyu will fight Akatsuki for the bottom place of the T7 Destroyers.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,787 posts
10,685 battles
36 minutes ago, snakecake said:

TIL that the 2nd best concealment rating for her tier is bad.

You have a 3,6KM window for stealth torping with Akatsuki  which is more then enough you also have more torpedoes that reload faster, and being a torpedo destroyer that is a advantage no matter how you cut it. Also don't forget that Akatsuki can go 38 knots without flag and speed boost meaning unlike Shiratsuyu you can actually can get away if you derp into enemy gun destroyers something Shira with her 34 knots will have trouble with.

Akatsuki is the T7 mini shimakaze, if you can't get her to work then you will have trouble getting the Shimakaze to work.

And Shiratsuyu faces the same troubles when uptiered, its concealment is equal to that of a Benson, so you get equally murdered as fast as Akatsuki will when running into a Benson.

And the Kagero is currently on warships.today  from the 8 Tier 8 destroyer placed 6th with Tashkent and Ognevoi under her, but those 2 are receiving buffs next patch so yea T7 kagero, guess Shiratsuyu will fight Akatsuki for the bottom place of the T7 Destroyers.

It is bad. Sure, she has a generous stealth-torping window, but at that tier pretty much everything can stealth torp. Concealment is important because that's how you stay alive in your DD and for that - in a squishy DD - it's important how stealthy you are compared to other DDs. And Akatsuki is just too visible. With 200-300 meters concealment advantage (or even less, in fact, since both values are reduced by some % through CE and camo) she can't avoid being spotted when she spots an enemy DD, 99% situations will be mutual spots. And Akatsuki's speed, while impressive, still isn't that special on her tier.

What's worse, Akatsuki is t7. This means that she often encounters t8 ships with concealment module, making her own concealment even more lacking. And yes, Shiratsuyu suffers from that too - but, again, to a lesser degree. At least she won't get OUTSPOTTED by Bensons :cap_like:

But yeah, I don't think the discussion "which of these two sh*t ships is going to be more sh*t" is very constructive...

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,263 battles

Whats the point of ruining another IJN DD?

She is too strong? She can hurt BBs?

Jesus...

• Cool 3

[HOME]
Players
1,682 posts
9,146 battles
8 hours ago, eliastion said:

It is bad. Sure, she has a generous stealth-torping window, but at that tier pretty much everything can stealth torp. Concealment is important because that's how you stay alive in your DD and for that - in a squishy DD - it's important how stealthy you are compared to other DDs. And Akatsuki is just too visible. With 200-300 meters concealment advantage (or even less, in fact, since both values are reduced by some % through CE and camo) she can't avoid being spotted when she spots an enemy DD, 99% situations will be mutual spots. And Akatsuki's speed, while impressive, still isn't that special on her tier.

What's worse, Akatsuki is t7. This means that she often encounters t8 ships with concealment module, making her own concealment even more lacking. And yes, Shiratsuyu suffers from that too - but, again, to a lesser degree. At least she won't get OUTSPOTTED by Bensons :cap_like:

But yeah, I don't think the discussion "which of these two sh*t ships is going to be more sh*t" is very constructive...

Well, you have a point, but she doesn't see higher tiers that often, t7 mm is her saving grace, and with radio location you can avoid a lot of trouble.

But if she had +1/2 mm regularly, sure, she would be utter trash.

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
247 posts
5,360 battles
12 hours ago, eliastion said:

...I wish I was so cautious as well... farewell Shira, join Fubuki and Kagero in the permanent-camoed ship cemetary. Neptune forbid to have a decent Japanese DD who isn't a Kamikaze.  :fish_palm:

EDIT: I'm not happy also about the change of slot for those Special Upgrades: in my German DD I like it where it's at the moment.

EDIT 2: RU DD Grozovoi will have better concealement than Z-52. LOL.

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles

I really don't understand the removal of 5M and 10M credit rewards from the Supercontainers. Decreasing the chances of the special upgrades was enough, why remove the credit rewards, who complained about those?

Players
2,743 posts
15,621 battles
18 minutes ago, Turin7 said:

I really don't understand the removal of 5M and 10M credit rewards from the Supercontainers. Decreasing the chances of the special upgrades was enough, why remove the credit rewards, who complained about those?

they even gave the reason..... if you were intrested in credits you'd be better of picking the credits options 

so picking super containers hoping youd get credits was a stupid choice. (yes theres more to it i know you could hope for credits with the chance of a ship and so on)

ao the reasoning is  pretty sound, and players should adapt.

for me  as a player who does not need any credits  its a great change.

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles
6 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

they even gave the reason..... if you were intrested in credits you'd be better of picking the credits options 

so picking super containers hoping youd get credits was a stupid choice. (yes theres more to it i know you could hope for credits with the chance of a ship and so on)

ao the reasoning is  pretty sound, and players should adapt.

for me  as a player who does not need any credits  its a great change.

Good for you mate, for me who wouldn't mind the occasional windfall, it's a bit annoying.

Now, I'm not saying that I wanted Supercontainers just for the credits, but I don't think they made for bad rewards either, and their complete removal if a bit of an overkill. Typical WG I guess... 

As for going for the credit option if you need credits, I really don't think that 50.000 - 150.000 creds thrice per day is going to make much of a difference, but maybe that's just me.

[OM]
Beta Tester
1,051 posts
19,243 battles

lol......WG is really able to srcew things up on a regular basis.

grozovoi with better concealment than a Z52? LOL!!!! this thing is a khaba but just without the speed. in a gunfight its as overpowered as the khaba!

will be "fun" in any other DD when this thing pops out of concealment 5,9km beside you and melt you down in 15 seconds!

russian bias

Players
2,743 posts
15,621 battles
21 minutes ago, Turin7 said:

As for going for the credit option if you need credits, I really don't think that 50.000 - 150.000 creds thrice per day is going to make much of a difference, but maybe that's just me.

lets do the math:

credits in super containers was 5-20mill => lets make it an average of 10Mill (20mill was pretty rare)

credit containers give 50-150k so on average 100K 

so you need 100 credit  containers or (33 days) of containers which is about the same or less you'd get fromsuper containers only in my experiance.

factoring in the indirect credit gains via the other stuff in the credit containers  they are better in a credit perspective big time.

thus the only reason to take super containers would be to hope for  ships/modules

with the new system that means you can reporduce the previous state by choosing  the credit and super option by choosing the options with respect to the probability 

e.g. pick  something like 2x credits and 1x super choice  and after some time you end up with the same rewards but better

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
247 posts
5,360 battles
30 minutes ago, IceyJones said:

grozovoi with better concealment than a Z52? LOL!!!! this thing is a khaba but just without the speed. in a gunfight its as overpowered as the khaba!

will be "fun" in any other DD when this thing pops out of concealment 5,9km beside you and melt you down in 15 seconds!

russian bias

Don't forget about the "The reloading time of the main guns was reduced from 4.2 to 4 seconds"  part... :fish_palm:

[_DIB_]
Players
92 posts
9,882 battles
On 7/5/2017 at 8:31 PM, Raziel_Walker said:

Khabarovsk: the ship will now carry only one type of torpedo armament–the ET-46. The detectability range of its torpedoes was reduced from 1.1 to 0.6 km. 

These are the shorter ranged 6 km torpedoes. Shame that they removed a useful torpedo systems leaving only a situational one.

The Khabarovski will be more defined as a very light cruiser now, to be effective with the torpedoes, it will have to do it from smoke or hug an island allot. Its concealment rating with a 19 point CPT is at 7.9km and the ET-46 travel distance is 6.0 km. So I see it as another DD nerf and not a real buff.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,787 posts
10,685 battles
1 hour ago, Inked9 said:

The Khabarovski will be more defined as a very light cruiser now, to be effective with the torpedoes, it will have to do it from smoke or hug an island allot. Its concealment rating with a 19 point CPT is at 7.9km and the ET-46 travel distance is 6.0 km. So I see it as another DD nerf and not a real buff.

Well, Yugumo and Kagero get significant buffs, actually, both are good concealment ships that can try the torp relad booster build. And Khaba actually needed a nerf and the thing they nerf isn't actually what Khaba is strong at (nobody played Khaba for her torps). So, they try and make the ship more specialized, giving more trade-offs for her strengths that they leave unchanged.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,787 posts
10,685 battles
12 hours ago, IceyJones said:

grozovoi with better concealment than a Z52? LOL!!!! this thing is a khaba but just without the speed. in a gunfight its as overpowered as the khaba!(...)

It's not. The most distinctive feature of Khaba is her armor that makes her surprisingly resistant to small caliber HE fire - that, more so than her good DPM - makes her the monster she is when facing other DDs. Grozovoi doesn't have that armor so she won't be anywhere near as scary. Not to mention the difference the speed makes.