You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AronForce

This ranked is awful

34 comments in this topic

Players
24 posts
868 battles

CV going to the opposite direction than the Whole team, Fusos everywhere, Clevelands taking the Whole world on fire etc. Either its because of the summer break or something else but i swear its worse than random battles

• Cool 3

Players
2,743 posts
15,597 battles

every ranked season the same whine threads with diffrent ship names in them.

also prob the 10th topic on THAT

• Cool 3

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

Pretty sure that will make that one day WG will "listen to the players" and since there's no tier that's not awful in ranked they'll remove the whole ranked thing.

• Cool 1

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,051 posts
29,736 battles

I'd rather see Clevelands than seeing Belfasts. Maybe the only exception is when you reach rank 1 cuz you'll be able to play T8s.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,378 battles
2 hours ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Pretty sure that will make that one day WG will "listen to the players" and since there's no tier that's not awful in ranked they'll remove the whole ranked thing.

T1 ships? :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,021 posts
3,729 battles

Tier VIII ranked has been the best of all ranked seasons, don't like tier VI so I will just not play ranked this season.

Beta Tester
3,905 posts
13,842 battles
11 minutes ago, GenrMcAuliffe1 said:

Tier VIII ranked has been the best of all ranked seasons, don't like tier VI so I will just not play ranked this season.

No, it wasn't.

It was just differently horrible... :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[NKK]
Beta Tester
615 posts
6,290 battles

Players that have no idea of how to play maps. I just played fault line, we were south, so I said, let's go A so we can cap, if we go B, we'll just stay around the islands and don't cap. I had seen that in one of Flamu's videos, the Arizona ranked I think. The team went to B, never went into cap, the enemy capped A too, and we were down 200 to 770 in 5 minutes. We lost, obviously.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,115 posts
11,654 battles
35 minutes ago, GenrMcAuliffe1 said:

Not sure which out of T7 and T8 Ranked I preferred. Maybe T8 as I used a Cruiser that could actually kill things as in T7 I won with a DD, basically you have to play as a passive spotter a lot of the time but it's utterly vital...

• Cool 1

Players
482 posts
7,639 battles

I do kinda like this season, no Smoke+Radar only and many balanced ships. Just CVs are to gamechanging IMO

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,818 posts
4,938 battles
34 minutes ago, Krikkio82 said:

I do kinda like this season, no Smoke+Radar only and many balanced ships. Just CVs are to gamechanging IMO

Not sure if I agree. The amount of games I've lost due to potatoes in destroyers that play selfishly and/or sit broadside in smoke (guess what happened?) is just depressing.

• Cool 1

Players
590 posts
20 hours ago, GenrMcAuliffe1 said:

So, why did you like the Pay to Win Ranked season so much?

Were you, by any chance, playing in a Belfast? :cap_rambo:

Edit: My apologies. Please ignore this post. Long day. didn't read properly. Thanks to Hedgehog for spotting my mistake.

And yes I could go along with Tier 8 being OK for Ranked.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,236 battles

Seriously.  Don't play it if you don't like it.  I've said the same thing to the WoT community after they had a season of ranked.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,236 battles
16 hours ago, Lin3 said:

So, why did you like the Pay to Win Ranked season so much?

Were you, by any chance, playing in a Belfast? :cap_rambo:

You either need to learn your Roman numerals properly or learn which tier Belfast is at.

• Cool 2

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles

I was eagerly awaiting this season, since tier 6 is probably my favourite tier in this game, as opposed to the higher tiers (8 and above) where the meta is so... boring. Unfortunately, the higher tier players have come to play this season with their bad habits, and make tier 6 ranked just as boring as any other. Everybody inside smoke or behind islands, any maneuvering or flanking by anything else than a DD is suicidal unless when game is already won and only need to mop up the last enemies.

I'm so deceived with this game... again.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,550 battles
11 hours ago, GenrMcAuliffe1 said:

You mean that season where everyone played Benson/Bismarck/Chappy?

I love that season for being so balanced, as there is no ship that is clearly superior to the others of the same class (save CV maybe) and only some rotten eggs that you shouldn't bring (Gnewny and Nürnberg i am looking at you)

For everyone complaining about smoke and island lobbing...... Well that is competetive. The most efficent way to deal damage is without taking damage (most of the time) and that means (save in a torpedoboat) to sit in smoke or behind islands (since stealthfire was removed). If you don't want to play competetive play random.

• Cool 1

[OM]
Beta Tester
1,051 posts
19,212 battles

i can handle the actual ranked meta ships because i know how to deal with them.

i just cannot handle the actual level of stupidity of players and the skill-imbalance of the teams.

Players
2,743 posts
15,597 battles
2 minutes ago, IceyJones said:

i can handle the actual ranked meta ships because i know how to deal with them.

i just cannot handle the actual level of stupidity of players and the skill-imbalance of the teams.

well isnt that the same every ranked season?

the stupidity and skill imbalance reduces above rank 5 but its still there its always there it does not matter which tier or if you ban premiums.

its fundamental to videogames even with an elo(like) system it is there.

why complain about something you cant change rather than accept it and try to make the best of it....

[OM]
Beta Tester
1,051 posts
19,212 battles
3 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

well isnt that the same every ranked season?

the stupidity and skill imbalance reduces above rank 5 but its still there its always there it does not matter which tier or if you ban premiums.

its fundamental to videogames even with an elo(like) system it is there.

why complain about something you cant change rather than accept it and try to make the best of it....

because THIS season feels "special". it was NEVER so bad like this time! normally i can carry teams when they are even SOMEWHAT useful. but this season i have a winratio of 30%!!! no matter what ship i play. no matter how i carry in most of these games. the team evaporates and dies without achieving ANYTHING! maybe i was just VERY unlucky with the teams, but these 15 games destroyed all motivation to try again.

as it is true, that these feelings were present in ANY season, this time is really the worst playerquality ive met so far. but this seems the general trend in this game. players become more stupid and useless every day, instead of better......

Players
2,743 posts
15,597 battles
8 minutes ago, IceyJones said:

players become more stupid and useless every day, instead of better......

well that seems to be a good thing it means there are more new players and the game is not dieing :Smile_trollface:

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,686 battles
3 hours ago, JapLance said:

verybody inside smoke or behind islands

this is not a bad habbit...... this is using ur brains...................................... 

bbs ofc can be out in the open a little more... but ppl who (probably) playl ike u get out in the open full broadside 

Edited by lameoll

Players
482 posts
7,639 battles
15 hours ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Not sure if I agree. The amount of games I've lost due to potatoes in destroyers that play selfishly and/or sit broadside in smoke (guess what happened?) is just depressing.

Agreed. But this is not depending so much on tier, this people will be potatoes also when they will have a T7 or T8 ship. Every braindead in your team is an disadvantage. But with effort, luck and at least 2 competent players u can turn a game. With a great CV VS a potato one I think it's allmost impossible. This is what I don't like in ranked. In every ranked.

Players
944 posts
5,325 battles

OP, you have 700 games played in total in this game, with a sub 50% winrate and pitiful damage. While I do not mean to slam you for your stats it tells me that you lack experience. 

Try to git gud and then come back, instead of posting a whine thread after 30 ranked battles.

Players
1,422 posts
13,052 battles
22 hours ago, AronForce said:

CV going to the opposite direction than the Whole team, Fusos everywhere, Clevelands taking the Whole world on fire etc. Either its because of the summer break or something else but i swear its worse than random battles

You forgot to mention Farraguts smoking themself up with one smokepuff right next to 2 friendly cruisers and sit there. Seen that a few times today. 

When you say something about it they say: "STFU im playing the way i wanna play" and then goes on to report you. "Ranked" :Smile_facepalm: