You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
aviaxis

Ranked: All loosing team should loose a star!!!

28 comments in this topic

[XTREM]
Players
170 posts
12,384 battles

Guys, I have seen the strategy below repeated over and over... it destroys the fun of playing in Ranked. And this is only because being the top player in the loosing team doesn't make you loose a star.

Step 1 . Get a BB

Step 2.  When the game starts go out of the map... somewhere the enemy team can't ever see you

Step 3. When you are 100% sure that your team is winning without you shooting even one bullet, then get in the game and make some experience

Step 4. If your team is loosing, just wait until you are the last one then show yourself and make the whole enemy team chase you. 

Because you are full HP, and have all the heals still available... you will be able to deal some damage, secure some kills eventually and more importantly... you will spot all the enemy team for a long time...

This strategy will bring you almost for sure the top experience in you team.

What's the result?:

1. You will loose most of the games, but

2. You will never loose a star on the current meta

So you will only go up, slowly but surely !!! in the few occasions in which your team wins without your help....

This KILLS the game... really... I seen this over and over... at all ranks, up to rank 7 (as I haven't seen better ranks than 7 in 4 days since the current season started).

So please WG!!! either make the top ship in the loosing team loose a rank star, either do something about the formula by which players receive experience after the game... as it currently encourages play-styles that ruin the game!!!

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles
36 minutes ago, aviaxis said:

Guys, I have seen the strategy below repeated over and over... it destroys the fun of playing in Ranked. And this is only because being the top player in the loosing team doesn't make you loose a star.

Step 1 . Get a BB

Step 2.  When the game starts go out of the map... somewhere the enemy team can't ever see you

Step 3. When you are 100% sure that your team is winning without you shooting even one bullet, then get in the game and make some experience

Step 4. If your team is loosing, just wait until you are the last one then show yourself and make the whole enemy team chase you. 

Because you are full HP, and have all the heals still available... you will be able to deal some damage, secure some kills eventually and more importantly... you will spot all the enemy team for a long time...

This strategy will bring you almost for sure the top experience in you team.

What's the result?:

1. You will loose most of the games, but

2. You will never loose a star on the current meta

So you will only go up, slowly but surely !!! in the few occasions in which your team wins without your help....

This KILLS the game... really... I seen this over and over... at all ranks, up to rank 7 (as I haven't seen better ranks than 7 in 4 days since the current season started).

So please WG!!! either make the top ship in the loosing team loose a rank star, either do something about the formula by which players receive experience after the game... as it currently encourages play-styles that ruin the game!!!

I think a destroyer that does a fair amount of spotting and participates even in one capture, even better do both of the above plus kill or seriously damage 1 enemy DD, will do a lot better xp wise than the Battleship you decribe in your post.

Ranked is already brutal as is, with the top xp earner of the losing team losing a star it would become a disaster.

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
170 posts
12,384 battles
15 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

No, it will not.

And you will lose a lot more.

I seen this done many times... with the XP changes they did in 6.7 it works perfectly

Players
1,648 posts
12,113 battles
16 minutes ago, aviaxis said:

I seen this done many times... with the XP changes they did in 6.7 it works perfectly

I played 42 games and lost the vast majority of them. Never have I been saving my hp for later as described above. If a single BB that sits in the back can outscore the rest of the team after all of them died, it is somewhat deserved. A normal BB, however, that swims with the fleet and hammers enemies from a distance where shells actually hit and do damage, will always best the cowards.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,662 posts
10,873 battles
2 hours ago, aviaxis said:

I think we have a different understanding about this behaviour and the meaning of "many".

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,686 battles
17 hours ago, tank276 said:

I think a destroyer that does a fair amount of spotting and participates even in one capture

not really i had a he spamming fuso top me while he was doing what OP said. and i solo capped smoked up and spotted torps and killed a dd alone. solo caps do not give a lot of xp annymore

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles

This is getting funny, about half the threads on the first page of the forum are Ranked whines...

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles
59 minutes ago, lameoll said:

not really i had a he spamming fuso top me while he was doing what OP said. and i solo capped smoked up and spotted torps and killed a dd alone. solo caps do not give a lot of xp annymore

Pfff, if that is the case , it sucks hard dude.

After getting stuck for a lot of battles at Rank 11, I managed to find my pace a bit by continuesly playing the Anshan and playing ...MUCH FEWER battles per day (around 20-25 first days to 10 or less last two days).... however strange this might sound.

Total battles played this Season 94. Started at R18 and currently am at R8 with zero stars.

Ofc I am afraid to hit the "battle" button in case I lose and go back to R9 :Smile_hiding:

P.S. Nice avatar man, is that a Grey Knight purging? Used to paint a lot of Warhammer 40k :Smile_great:

Supertester
2,374 posts
9,476 battles
56 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

This is getting funny, about half the threads on the first page of the forum are Ranked whines...

Was to be expected.

And to OP: maybe this "works". But only if our defintion of "works" is "I do have no job and have the time to die myself up to rank 1 wih 1500 battles in 4 weeks". So it probably does not work.

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles

Sry,my mistake. Started at R16 not R18.

[UK-RN]
Beta Tester
447 posts
5,814 battles

If you don't like the game mode, you could always just stop playing it?

Supertester
2,374 posts
9,476 battles
Just now, mikelight1805 said:

If you don't like the game mode, you could always just stop playing it?

He's got a godgiven right to get get to rank 1 and reap the rewards though.

• Cool 1

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,686 battles
25 minutes ago, tank276 said:

1, I managed to find my pace a bit by continuesly playing the Anshan and playing ...MUCH FEWER battles per day (around 20-25 first days to 10 or less last two days).... however

mye i played too manny battles these last day.. fucked it up completely for me.

should have sticked with cleve or fuso as well. played a lot of faragut but i cant top xp with that without abandoning my team. not good enough of a dd player for that

Beta Tester
2,208 posts
8,885 battles

I just had 5 or 6 losses in a row, where I did everything in my DD. Cap, smoke, kill other DDs.

But I did not lose any stars thanks to this system. So no, GTFO.

• Cool 4

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,686 battles
1 hour ago, tank276 said:

P.S. Nice avatar man, is that a Grey Knight purging? Used to paint a lot of Warhammer 40k

hehe ye still have some tau miniatures standing :D never played the table top tho

• Cool 1

[OGHF]
Players
586 posts
11,082 battles

No chance OP,  why should a player be penalised for playing  better than those around him/her?

[XTREM]
Players
170 posts
12,384 battles
27 minutes ago, OGHF_Cyclops said:

No chance OP,  why should a player be penalised for playing  better than those around him/her?

I don't think a player should be penalized for playing better. I think the game does not calculate correctly who was the best in the loosing team. And that glitch is exploited by some.

I mean, of course, one that does much damage in the end of the game because all the enemy team is chasing him; remains the last one because all his team mates died in the beginning of the game as he did not help at all; spotted all the enemy team for minutes because they were all chasing him; got a lot of potential damage while running with his back and wasd-ing; when he did everything that bring him points when the game was already lost etc. ... one guy like this is greatly priced by the game, but in my opinion this is wrong. This destroys the fun of his team mates because they will loose too... most of the times...

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

whenever i see untrue statement in forum i check OP stats... must say i expected much worse...

why is OP post untrue? cause if you wait till your team is losing/is dead till you start doing damage, usually you wont earn much xp till you end up dead. if you do damage while your team is alive you will have more people tanking damage while you do damage. when everyone is dead, it is only mater of minutes till you end up dead and thus you wont be able to much damage and earn xp.

while some bb that is doing that strat in ranked can get a lot of kills by finishing off low hp enemy ships, he will not earn a lot of xp. kills<>xp.

top xp in losing team is something that good players appreciate when they are in team full of morons.

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
170 posts
12,384 battles
8 minutes ago, robihr said:

whenever i see untrue statement in forum i check OP stats... must say i expected much worse...

why is OP post untrue? cause if you wait till your team is losing/is dead till you start doing damage, usually you wont earn much xp till you end up dead. if you do damage while your team is alive you will have more people tanking damage while you do damage. when everyone is dead, it is only mater of minutes till you end up dead and thus you wont be able to much damage and earn xp.

while some bb that is doing that strat in ranked can get a lot of kills by finishing off low hp enemy ships, he will not earn a lot of xp. kills<>xp.

top xp in losing team is something that good players appreciate when they are in team full of morons.

if win rate matters so much to you, I encourage you to watch Flamu's vids on youtobe... he always says the game exp calculation formula greatly rewards passive bb play...

there is also a vid from Notser on youtube... called "useless damage" or something like that... where he shows a dd dealing more than 200k damage in a game and having absolutely not impact on the outcome... he explains why, and how. But he was of course topping the exp rank in the end because of this glitch, even though he was worthless for his team...

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
28 minutes ago, aviaxis said:

if win rate matters so much to you, I encourage you to watch Flamu's vids on youtobe... he always says the game exp calculation formula greatly rewards passive bb play...

there is also a vid from Notser on youtube... called "useless damage" or something like that... where he shows a dd dealing more than 200k damage in a game and having absolutely not impact on the outcome... he explains why, and how. But he was of course topping the exp rank in the end because of this glitch, even though he was worthless for his team...

i usually look at WR when i see that people are telling obvious untrue "facts". while you will once in a while get BB you described with top xp in your team, most top xp earners in ranked are either dd or active high dmg BB (usually with high caliber achievement).

[XTREM]
Players
170 posts
12,384 battles
21 minutes ago, robihr said:

i usually look at WR when i see that people are telling obvious untrue "facts". while you will once in a while get BB you described with top xp in your team, most top xp earners in ranked are either dd or active high dmg BB (usually with high caliber achievement).

I don't think we understand each other... you can do high caliber and do nothing for your team! If you do all the damage when all your team died, for instance

I have 53.62% win rate in 1 272 games in BBs. In Arizona, the only T6 bb that I own, I have 68% WR in 97 games, in my last 1000 games I have 52% win rate - I think that's OK. But I don't want to bring the discussion around this, because it has nothing to do with my win rate... or it might have if I continue to get into games with this kind of BB players...

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

This idea is terrible. This approach MAYBE works on the low ranks full of potatoes, but if you do this in the top bracket you will lose all the battles and will also lose stars. Why? Because players are generally "good enough" to gain a fair amount of XP during the battle, while you, sniping in your Fuso from 20km away shooting at mostly smoked up targets will get exactly no XP. And if there is a CV, well, you might as well be dead meat. Good job dragging your team down.

Also I haven´t noticed this yet. (rank 10 with only 18 battles played so far, so maybe there is some hidden meta I haven´t noticed yet)

• Cool 1

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles
10 minutes ago, aviaxis said:

I don't think we understand each other... you can do high caliber and do nothing for your team! If you do all the damage when all your team died, for instance

I have 53.62% win rate in 1 272 games in BBs. In Arizona, the only T6 bb that I own, I have 68% WR in 97 games, in my last 1000 games I have 52% win rate - I think that's OK. But I don't want to bring the discussion around this, because it has nothing to do with my win rate... or it might have if I continue to get into games with this kind of BB players...

Well let´s check solo stats then? Because that´s where you can see how much of an impact you actually have. You know, no divisions in ranked.

50.6% and not 53,62%.

Also I think using BB stats to support an argument in the current state of the game is somewhat off. You know, with how OP balanced the damn things are nowadays...

Let´s check cruisers and DDs? You know, classes which actually take some brainpower to play.

Ehhh, never mind, let´s rather not do that...

Also, getting high caliber means you have been more useful than some random borderhugging idiot. And high caliber also usually means top XP. Something a borderhugger will never achieve.

[OGHF]
Players
586 posts
11,082 battles
6 hours ago, aviaxis said:

I don't think a player should be penalized for playing better. I think the game does not calculate correctly who was the best in the loosing team. And that glitch is exploited by some.

I mean, of course, one that does much damage in the end of the game because all the enemy team is chasing him; remains the last one because all his team mates died in the beginning of the game as he did not help at all; spotted all the enemy team for minutes because they were all chasing him; got a lot of potential damage while running with his back and wasd-ing; when he did everything that bring him points when the game was already lost etc. ... one guy like this is greatly priced by the game, but in my opinion this is wrong. This destroys the fun of his team mates because they will loose too... most of the times...

Here is 2 good reasons why I disagree with the OP.

In both cases I was not last man standing and I had used all 4 healths up. And I am not naming or shaming anyone on the team either.

World of Warships-07-04-2017 7-26-23-728.jpg

World of Warships-07-06-2017 19-00-11-816.jpg