Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jaki_AJK

Can anybody explain this?

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
80 posts
7,463 battles

I was playing in a Akatsuki and had a fight with enemy Akatsuki. I only did 4.1k in 13 shots whereas he did 8.2k in 16 shots. But how? Both ships had same guns and we had that fight at Match start( complete full hp)

Screenshot (40).png

Screenshot (39).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

More luck or he knows where to shoot for more dmg...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Alpha Tester
18,658 posts
6,078 battles

Your shells were eaten by more modules ( torpedo launchers, guns )? You kept shooting exact same spot so damage saturation kicked in while enemy spread his damage? Got a replay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLOBS]
Community Contributor
921 posts
3,733 battles
13 minutes ago, Spuggy said:

IFHE?

 

Definitely not IFHE - The Akatsuki at most has 20mm of armour (And that's on turrets, her hull is a flat 16mm) and 127mm HE can pen 20mm of armour no problem. IFHE would provide no benefit in a 1v1 Akatsuki fight.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Alpha Tester
18,658 posts
6,078 battles
4 minutes ago, StuntMan0369 said:

 

Definitely not IFHE - The Akatsuki at most has 20mm of armour (And that's on turrets, her hull is a flat 16mm) and 127mm HE can pen 20mm of armour no problem. IFHE would provide no benefit in a 1v1 Akatsuki fight.

 

Which is why it's more likely more shots were just eaten by modules or he kept shooting single part of the ship causing saturation to kick in. 

 

But don't worry, as soon as OP posts the replay all will be clear :Smile_trollface: 

 

edit: actually I don't think 4.1k is enough for saturation even if he just shot single section, especially not middle section as that definitely has enough hp. So modules eating shells, 99%. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
[TTT]
Moderator
1,248 posts
12,651 battles
12 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

Was he a TTT member? :Smile_hiding:

It was an alt with the HAGS™ of course.

 

@OP it was most likely you hitting his guns/modules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,127 posts
27,846 battles
21 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

Your shells were eaten by more modules ( torpedo launchers, guns )? You kept shooting exact same spot so damage saturation kicked in while enemy spread his damage? Got a replay?

Very true, saturation damage will only cause a fraction of a clean hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Alpha Tester
18,658 posts
6,078 battles
Just now, iJoby said:

Very true, saturation damage will only cause a fraction of a clean hit.

See my edit, I don't think any section has less than 4.1k so it's almost certainly modules. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles
6 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

But don't worry, as soon as OP posts the replay all will be clear :Smile_trollface:  

Do you ever get replays? I can barely recall a single time an OP have replied with replay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×