Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FlariuS

Is it so hard to make a normal Ranked for once?

29 comments in this topic

[BUSHI]
Beta Tester
25 posts
10,235 battles

Is it so hard to make ranked actually ranked and skill based? Make team battles into the ranked and that is it.... How can you show your skill orther way, then with people who is in your clan or a group that you always play with?

Have WG staff actually played Ranked after testing and without the bots? If yes please tell me how can it be skilled players discuss 2 minuts where to go and then end up going all different directions? Do you actually seen the players in ranked? they are the most frustrating players. Not cos they are bad but bcs you make them team up with random people with their own tactics.

Next thing is tier 6 ships. Why 6? should we always go down in ships? Why not tier 1, that every one can have a ship and even a noobie can play ( your tactic ). Since Beta 2 years have passed. Most that are interested in your game have tier 10 ships. If not then by having tier 10 ranked and maybe making a better mechanics you can motivate them to get to tier 10 ships?

And last thing. Maybe you can change Ranked name to RNG Season 7? There is nothing Ranked about this or any season beffore. Only luck that your team will not suck as bad as the last one did.

Guys. This post is not for WG groupies. For them every s..t smells like chocolate.

• Cool 4

Players
55 posts
10,698 battles

There have been some and runs in this season, feels like more and maybe it is because of T6. Still, it's actually a good measure of skill because all the ships are pretty balanced and there are no stand out superior ones.

I do see people blaming 'the team' a lot for losses though, but remember, you're part of the team and if you're always losing, well, just sayin...

• Cool 1

Players
1,008 posts
23 minutes ago, FlariuS said:

Is it so hard to make ranked actually ranked and skill based? Make team battles into the ranked and that is it.... How can you show your skill orther way, then with people who is in your clan or a group that you always play with?

Have WG staff actually played Ranked after testing and without the bots? If yes please tell me how can it be skilled players discuss 2 minuts where to go and then end up going all different directions? Do you actually seen the players in ranked? they are the most frustrating players. Not cos they are bad but bcs you make them team up with random people with their own tactics.

Next thing is tier 6 ships. Why 6? should we always go down in ships? Why not tier 1, that every one can have a ship and even a noobie can play ( your tactic ). Since Beta 2 years have passed. Most that are interested in your game have tier 10 ships. If not then by having tier 10 ranked and maybe making a better mechanics you can motivate them to get to tier 10 ships?

And last thing. Maybe you can change Ranked name to RNG Season 7? There is nothing Ranked about this or any season beffore. Only luck that your team will not suck as bad as the last one did.

Guys. This post is not for WG groupies. For them every s..t smells like chocolate.

1) Define NORMAL

2) Why Not tier 6? As for you comment 'Most that are interested in your game have tier 10 ships' is a crock mate. Plenty of players interested in the game, and ranked, that don't have tier 10 ships.

3) For every team that lost because 'they sucked', you had a team that won because they didn't suck.

4) The very last line of your post sums you up clearly. You are not interested in anybody else's opinion if it differs from yours, because then they must just be fan boys.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,136 posts
11,682 battles

This is a "normal" Ranked season.

Dubious players everywhere, some very poor tactical decisions, land slide wins, raging about top loser not losing a star. 

etc etc :cap_haloween:

• Cool 3

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,787 posts
10,685 battles
39 minutes ago, FlariuS said:

Easy solution: stop playing Ranked. Also, sincerely f*ck you and you idea that people should be locked out of Ranked because they don't want to participate in or don't have time for regular clan activities. It's nice to see a mode for solo players who want something a bit more serious than Randoms. And Team Battles are dead, you know why? BECAUSE HARDLY ANYBODY WANTED TO PLAY THAT.

As for other things: Ranked are usually played at tier 7 or 8, it's ridiculous how you lose your sh*t over it once being t6. It most likely won't ever be t10, not because of some conspiracy but because that tier is less popular and has less ships than the lower ones. Yes, many people have t10 ships but many of them don't really like these that much AND for Ranked it's not enough to have a ship of required tier: you need a ship you like, are good in AND that's at least somewhat competitive in Ranked context - otherwise the grind is going to be unbearable. And MULTIPLE t10 ships are significantly less common than just having access to t10. On the other hand, when it comes to t8, t7 and - yes - t6 ships, most experienced players have a decent selection of these to choose from, making such tiers good for Ranked. That's why they are chosen - instead of the glorious t10. If I were to bet, I'd say we're much more likely to see t5 than t10 as Ranked base. Also, what's so wrong with t6? I mean, I don't like it too much, but it's not like the enemy gets higher tier ships, or like there are no decent ships of each class. And that's without the need to rely on premiums. So, what's the problem, really? Bad players? Well, just quickly grind through them, shouldn't be that hard to carry a bunch of noobs against other noobs, getting #1 on defeats to save your stars. Or is it that you CAN'T carry, no matter how bad players you're surrounded by on both teams? But that might not be the Ranked season's problem, you know...

PS: I'm not a WG groupie since your post is certainly sh*t and I can assure you, it does not smell like anything other than sh*t to me.

• Cool 4

[BK]
Players
159 posts
6,990 battles

3 noobs on a team of 15, you can do something but in ranked, it's over cause it's half of your team... you don't like it (like me), don't play it, it's free to play.

Players
383 posts
13,118 battles

Ranked can't be normal because bad BB's players ''having sex with islands'' to the point when battle is lost on points - then they sail out to confirm defeat

[BUSHI]
Beta Tester
25 posts
10,235 battles

As many streamers said before, this game is not for the veteran playeres then. it does all it can for new players while forgeting everething that a veteran would want. second thing i do not talk only about losing. if you wining and do not have fun doing so is it normal? Third I would never belive that people will choise this system of ranked then to play with their own team and actually showing skills. The guys who say it is good ranked and the problem is you, I say this: you are loners. Most on the server do not enjoy the system in ranked. So what? This game became only for Forum guys? I hate forums cos most here are all the time talk how good everething is and how groundless THE TOPICS ARE.

BUT BACK TO THE POINT!

Ask in Ranked if people like it. And then we will see if i am right or not.

Beta Tester
4,198 posts
9,514 battles

Stop pretending you speak for "most of the server".

While I await team/clan based content that's still no reason to not have solo (somewhat) competitive content

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
658 posts
2 hours ago, _interceptor_80 said:

Ranked can't be normal because bad BB's players ''having sex with islands'' to the point when battle is lost on points - then they sail out to confirm defeat

not just BB player HEruisers too do

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,787 posts
10,685 battles
2 hours ago, FlariuS said:

As many streamers said before, this game is not for the veteran playeres then. it does all it can for new players while forgeting everething that a veteran would want. second thing i do not talk only about losing. if you wining and do not have fun doing so is it normal? Third I would never belive that people will choise this system of ranked then to play with their own team and actually showing skills. The guys who say it is good ranked and the problem is you, I say this: you are loners. Most on the server do not enjoy the system in ranked. So what? This game became only for Forum guys? I hate forums cos most here are all the time talk how good everething is and how groundless THE TOPICS ARE.(...)

You're in denial. If anything, the Forums are "whiny", as in: people come here to complain about things they don't like and other people usually come and agree with them. Currently on the first page of topics we have

- a thread about how t6 is not a good tier

- a thread about how bad it is that "best loser" doesn't lose a star

- a thread about how Saipan is OP

- TWO threads filled with people angry that BBs get full penetrating hits on DDs

And most people in these threads agree with the complaints. To sum it up: no, the Forums are not full of people happy with everything WG does. It's that this particular thread is stupid, made by a whiny little b*tch who would want to take away a whole game mode from people who (HUGE MAJORITY OF THEM) are either not members of any clan or are members just casually, to occasionally talk with clanmates or play once in a while in a div, but that remain mostly solo players. You also keep an extremely whiny tone - it's not "t6 is bad because (insert arguments)" it's "is it so hard to make a normal Ranked for once" combined with ever-funny "skill doesn't matter in Ranked, it's just luck bwaaaaaah".

Basically, don't delude yourself: it's not that people just dismiss any complaints out of hand. It's that even people dissatisfied with Ranked in general or with some aspects of it see your thread for what it is: classic whine with no proper arguments and only actual proposition being "get rid of Ranked and give me some clan fun because f*ck everyone who isn't as focused on clan activities as me". Don't be so surprised when you don't get a flood of commendations on how brilliant and constructive you are.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,614 posts
5,167 battles
9 hours ago, Hardocky said:

.. you don't like it (like me), don't play it, it's free to play.

^^This

It's called engage the community - I like the variety of modes that WG put out in WoWs - makes it very different from the daily grind, I also like the missions and events. It's called content and I like content.

Clan wars, if/when, it arrives is likely to be structured similarly, so T10, T8, perhaps even T6 varieties so that the playerbase can participate if they choose to.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,143 posts
5,915 battles
11 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Dyh1Rxj.gif

You have some more of those? I would like with some cheese flavour.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,136 posts
11,682 battles
4 minutes ago, Squidpusher said:

Please WG, I need my clan to carry me!

That's still possible. Play late at night and hope you all match together to stack up on the same team :Smile-_tongue:

[BUSHI]
Beta Tester
25 posts
10,235 battles

It is so funny to read all of this. Game is free so be happy with it. I would like it to be better. The all players that say you are the only one who thinks this way. M8 you are out of you mind if you think i will belive this crap you talking about. I see you like talking and showing your nick name on forum. there is a name for such . But will not say it. I have not many posts and when something realy pisses me off i come here in Wonderes hope of actualy having a WG staff to read it at least. But find people like you who spend your time on forums more then in actual game it self i asume. If for you game is perfect and everething is just fantastic i am happy for your low lvl of expectations. And i am paying for premium so I would like to see something done for it.

Players
1,008 posts
21 minutes ago, FlariuS said:

It is so funny to read all of this. Game is free so be happy with it. I would like it to be better. The all players that say you are the only one who thinks this way. M8 you are out of you mind if you think i will belive this crap you talking about. I see you like talking and showing your nick name on forum. there is a name for such . But will not say it. I have not many posts and when something realy pisses me off i come here in Wonderes hope of actualy having a WG staff to read it at least. But find people like you who spend your time on forums more then in actual game it self i asume. If for you game is perfect and everething is just fantastic i am happy for your low lvl of expectations. And i am paying for premium so I would like to see something done for it.

There is no point debating with you. Your arrogance in believing your own opinion is the only one that matters is clear by your opening post and all your replies.

You loose some games, therefore the game is broke and all the players are rubbish. You are perfect and always in the right. But maybe, just maybe, your not as good as you think you are. 

WG staff will read, and reply to something important and worthwhile. Coming on this forum and whining about ranked because your loosing, does not warrant a reply.

And nobody is under the illusion that WoWs is perfect. Far from it. Either play it and enjoy the game, or dont. The choice is yours. But do not presume to speak for me or anybody else. You only speak for yourself.

[NKK]
Beta Tester
615 posts
6,300 battles

There was a thing back a few seasons in ranked, when I was actually waiting for ranked to arrive, and it was, battleships were limited to TWO per side. I really liked that, it didn't turn the game in a world of battleships, like it is this ranked (or ranked at tier 8, btw), and made every class more playable. because, when you're in a cruiser, and 4 of your 7 enemies are battleships, you are royally screwed.

Also, we had different ships per rank. tier 6 up to rank 15, tier 8 from then. We could mix and match them, not going up every time, like:

Up to rank 16: tier 6

ranks 15-11: tier 8

ranks 10-6: tier 5

ranks 5-1: tier 9

or any other tier.

Oh, and make every "league" rank (10 and 5) irrevocable.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,304 posts
6,198 battles
12 minutes ago, atlasapl said:

There is no point debating with you. Your arrogance in believing your own opinion is the only one that matters is clear by your opening post and all your replies.

You loose some games, therefore the game is broke and all the players are rubbish. You are perfect and always in the right. But maybe, just maybe, your not as good as you think you are. 

WG staff will read, and reply to something important and worthwhile. Coming on this forum and whining about ranked because your loosing, does not warrant a reply.

And nobody is under the illusion that WoWs is perfect. Far from it. Either play it and enjoy the game, or dont. The choice is yours. But do not presume to speak for me or anybody else. You only speak for yourself.

exactly-bro.jpg

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,614 posts
5,167 battles
8 minutes ago, valrond said:

There was a thing back a few seasons in ranked, when I was actually waiting for ranked to arrive, and it was, battleships were limited to TWO per side. I really liked that, it didn't turn the game in a world of battleships, like it is this ranked (or ranked at tier 8, btw), and made every class more playable. because, when you're in a cruiser, and 4 of your 7 enemies are battleships, you are royally screwed.

Also, we had different ships per rank. tier 6 up to rank 15, tier 8 from then. We could mix and match them, not going up every time, like:

Up to rank 16: tier 6

ranks 15-11: tier 8

ranks 10-6: tier 5

ranks 5-1: tier 9

or any other tier.

Oh, and make every "league" rank (10 and 5) irrevocable.

So you want to put a mode into play that would prevent the newish good players from competing at the top level?

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,143 posts
5,915 battles
18 hours ago, FlariuS said:

And i am paying for premium so I would like to see something done for it.

And it is done. You have premium. You want a special treatment with that?

Players
335 posts
3,364 battles

I'm still not convinced about CV's in ranked for this reason:

A good CV player and an average team can wreck an average CV with a good team. 

CVs only active counter is CVs. AAA cruisers are passive.

Fighters keep DDs spotted, torps prevent BB's tanking (they have to manoeuvre to avoid torps) and they have general purpose dive bombers. Games with CVs in them, are very different to those without. 

Should a ranked game be so easily controlled by one good player vs an average player?

• Cool 1

[IRQ]
Players
2,733 posts
6,638 battles

WG have said they would like to have a tier 10 ranked season, but it's just not feasible due to how many players it would exclude.

Sign in to follow this