Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ph3lan

July Calendar

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

45 posts in this topic

435456e2-5cda-11e7-a0a3-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

Captains,

We have just published the calendar for July on our portal. On the forum we are however trying something new - so while this post will contain obligatory new and upcoming ships... Some of them you will be able to get by yourself, some of them are still in testing. 

Of course there will be weekly missions and specials to choose from!

Missions

• 05 - 12 July: Battle of Calabria
    • 30 miles to the east of Punta Stilo on 9 July 1940, the fleets of the Regia Marina under Admiral Inigo Campioni and the British Royal Navy commanded by Admiral Andrew Cunningham engaged each other in the Battle of Calabria. Two Italian and three British battleships including HMS Warspite fought in this large battle.  
    • What's in store: Battle hardened camos and Battleship-themed missions.
  • 12 - 19 July: Battle of Kolombangara
    • During the night from 12 to 13 July, 1943, Allied cruiser force tried to intercept the "Tokyo express" carrying reinforcements to the Japanese garrison of Kolombangara. While the light cruiser Jintsu was sunk by the Allied forces, Japanese powerful torpedoes seriously damaged three cruisers and mortally wounded the destroyer USS Gwin.
    • What's in store: Cruiser chaos and the chance to earn a Cleveland with a 12 skill point commander!
  • 19 - 26 July: Battle of Cape Spada
    • On 19 July 1940 two Italian light cruisers, the Giovanni dalle Bande Nere and Bartolomeo Colleoni, commanded by Vice Admiral Ferdinando Casardi, engaged the Allied squadron commanded by Australian Captain John Collins aboard the light cruiser HMAS Sydney in the Battle of Cape Spada in the Mediterranean Sea.
    • What's in store: Good for those who like to burn things!
  • 26 July - 02 August: Pursuit of Goeben and Breslau
    • The Mediterranean of the Kaiserliche Marine consisted at the onset of the war only the battlecruiser Goeben and light cruiser Breslau. After the start of World War I on 28 July 1914, the British Mediterranean Fleet attempted to hunt down the ship but failed as Goeben could escape to Constantinople. The ships were gifted to the Ottoman Empire which later joined the Central Powers into the war.
    • What's in store: Earn your own Emden by dishing the pain to Cruisers and Battleships.

Specials

• 01-04 July: Weekend Special: US Independence Day
    • Discounts on all things American and a handy mission to earn some Signal Flags!
  • 07-17 July: Marathon: Summer Smith Shenanigans
    • Celebrate Summer and work your way towards earning the grand prize—U.S.S. Smith!
  • 10 July - 31 Sept: High School Fleet Personal Battle Missions
    • Earn experience for your High School Fleet ships.
  • 14-17 July: Weekend Special: Bastille Day
    • A custom French flag awaits you!
  • 20 July - 31 August: Dunkerque rhymes with Dunkirk!
      • The battleship Dunkerque never participated in Operation Dynamo, but we thought we'd celebrate it as well.
    • 29 July-01 August: Weekend Special: All In!
      • A smorgasbord of discounts to go all in on!

That is not all, however: there will be several big events happening throughout the month of July and you can check them out on our Calendar - be sure to follow your regional one so that you do not miss new events!

Calendar

And last, but not least - the traditional monthly calendar awaits you. Download the artwork the way you like it!

CALENDAR

WALLPAPER

3 people like this

Description for the Battle of Kolombangara is wrong. It was fought in the Pacific, more specific in the Solomon Islands.

@fumtu True. Somehow snuck during the writing process from previous months :( Fixed :)

So no Марафон «Октябрьская революция»

In EU no free Октябрьская революция

So I see 9 RN BBs listed:

• Bellerophon 
    • Orion 
    • Iron Duke
    • Queen Elizabeth
    • King George V
    • Nelson 
    • Monarch 
    • Lion
    • Conqueror 

I just had to work three consecutive 10 hour shifts so my brain hasn't quite loaded back in, which one is going to be the premium ship? Was it Nelson or KGV?

1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

So I see 9 RN BBs listed:

• Bellerophon 
    • Orion 
    • Iron Duke
    • Queen Elizabeth
    • King George V
    • Nelson 
    • Monarch 
    • Lion
    • Conqueror 

I just had to work three consecutive 10 hour shifts so my brain hasn't quite loaded back in, which one is going to be the premium ship? Was it Nelson or KGV?

Monarch, hopefully she will be renamed Prince of Wales before release

I have a couple of questions. It says there is a summer sale with 'massive discounts' every day but I don't see anything today? It's not clear what is currently in this summer sale.

I appreciate the new signal packages in the premium shop if these are a permanent fixture. Are these permanent or time limited?

15 hours ago, bigbramble said:

I have a couple of questions. It says there is a summer sale with 'massive discounts' every day but I don't see anything today? It's not clear what is currently in this summer sale.

I appreciate the new signal packages in the premium shop if these are a permanent fixture. Are these permanent or time limited?

Yes,massive discounts every day,just not on every server. Well, on every server except EU ofc.

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, bigbramble said:

The summer sale starts on 7th of July. 

On 2.07.2017 at 0:00 PM, mariot7 said:

The summer sale starts on 7th of July. 

From 1 July to 31 July daily 30% discount on ships on the  RU server:

01.07- Belfast

02.07 -Prinz Eugen

03.07-Okhotnik

04.07-Indianapolis

05.07-Murmansk

06.07-Perth

07.07 -Tirpitz

When you do a weekend mission with 25000 Base experience in the US ships it is a hefty amount, but when it is zeroed out every day it is bordering on an insult. In the game it is can be done daily which is not stated on the presentation on website. But how can you design a mission that demands with 1000 XP games 25 games maybe 7-8 hours of play? I play several hours many days but such missions are never going to be fun. 

I sincerely hope that this is a mistake!!

39 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

When you do a weekend mission with 25000 Base experience in the US ships it is a hefty amount, but when it is zeroed out every day it is bordering on an insult. In the game it is can be done daily which is not stated on the presentation on website. But how can you design a mission that demands with 1000 XP games 25 games maybe 7-8 hours of play? I play several hours many days but such missions are never going to be fun. 

I sincerely hope that this is a mistake!!

Yeah, same here. Came home from a rough week end, was planning according to home page. So 25k base exp farming in 2 days. And guess what ? It's a bloody challenge, not a mission. You have one job, homepage-guy. One simple job....

On 6/30/2017 at 7:52 PM, Jellicoe1916 said:

I really like USS Worcesters in game model

I wonder if this will spark another set of rumors about an US cruiser split:Smile_glasses:

11 hours ago, Caljostro said:

Yeah, same here. Came home from a rough week end, was planning according to home page. So 25k base exp farming in 2 days. And guess what ? It's a bloody challenge, not a mission. You have one job, homepage-guy. One simple job....

+2 Incredibly stupid challenge, specially for a weekend. Particularly if you're grinding through several lines from different nations and you want to have the 100% XP bonus.

Make it a Monday to Friday thing or do not reset the amount at the very least!

''Massive discounts'' sounds good, but are we talking bigger discounts than normal? Also, please add the missing ships that are not available on the ingame store for doubloons. For most of them, it's the only way I can get them, and I don't want to pay extra for a port slot I already have.

On 7/3/2017 at 2:15 AM, jubiimanden said:

I wonder if this will spark another set of rumors about an US cruiser split:Smile_glasses:

More likely the British Cruiser split.  I looked up the number of classes of British cruisers and there were 27 classes of Cruisers alone.  Then there are the number of classes and sub class of Destroyers!  It is possible that the Commonwealth Tree could be fitted out with destroyers not listed in the British tree.

On 30/06/2017 at 7:00 PM, Ph3lan said:

Missions

• 05 - 12 July: Battle of Calabria
      • 30 miles to the east of Punta Stilo on 9 July 1940, the fleets of the Regia Marina under Admiral Inigo Campioni and the British Royal Navy commanded by Admiral Andrew Cunningham engaged each other in the Battle of Calabria. Two Italian and three British battleships including HMS Warspite fought in this large battle.  
      • What's in store: Battle hardened camos and Battleship-themed missions.

Did you change your plans ?

oups, sorry, misread the reward for the hunter ones

So we're getting daily discounts starting in 2 days... cool, but what I'd like to know is, when a daily deal begins will it last until the end of the sale or just 24h until the next one begins?

Personally I'm hoping for Dunq 50% for doubloons. Not 50% off some overpriced bundle. It would also be good to have more ships available for doubloons, I'd shell out for Perth for example, if WG just let me buy it with doubloons.

I think it is only fair that we not only criticize mindboggingly difficult weekly missions but awckowledge it when they get it right, and this week's mission (Battle of Calabria) was relatively easy and didn't have any howlers.

So well done and long may it continue.

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0