Sael_

British Battleships

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

63 posts in this topic

Captains,

Here we are with the new British battleships!

Tier III: Bellerophon class

Following hot on the heels of HMS Dreadnought, the Bellerophon class improved the revolutionary design by adding better underwater protection and more powerful secondary batteries - at the expense of slightly weaker armor. All of this class' three dreadnoughts took part in the Battle of Jutland, even though they were declared obsolete by the end of WWI.

5c53b936-5b4e-11e7-9558-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

8d01e0dc-5a89-11e7-9747-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

8c090c8c-5a89-11e7-bac4-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg 8c6a67ca-5a89-11e7-accd-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

Tier IV: Orion Class

First of the "Superdreadnought" classes, the Orion mounted more powerful 13.5 inch guns (343 mm) - and all on the center line. They were also among the first British battleships to experiment with the brand new main battery fire directors. All four ships of this class took part in the battle of Jutland. 

6058a4ba-5b4e-11e7-b5e0-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

8c840dce-5a89-11e7-a66d-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

8cbe4458-5a89-11e7-9278-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg 8bd631e0-5a89-11e7-a66d-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

Tier V: Iron Duke Class
The most advanced of the British battleships at the beginning of World War I, the Iron Duke class was built on the previous designs, but upped the ante with even stronger secondary gun batteries. HMS Iron Duke was also the first of the British battleships to carry a dedicated anti-aircraft armament. Out of the four ships of this class, only the HMS Emperor of India missed the Battle of Jutland.

0e6a0ad6-5b4e-11e7-9c22-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

d76a354c-5b4d-11e7-8fea-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

d84165b2-5b4d-11e7-a2dd-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg d8722e7c-5b4d-11e7-9885-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

7 people like this

Was kinda hoping for HMS Dreadnought but these are going to be fun to play with i wonder how they play they seem to have good secondaries and there mains are not bad either so could be fun.

6-8 secondary guns are nothing to write home about, especially at that tier. Arkansas Beta has 21 secondaries, and even the upgrade slots to maximize their potential, still useless. 5x2 343mm guns at tier 4 will give the Orion class the edge in that tier, i guess. Well, if RNG allows to score any hits, of course...

2 hours ago, Dragon200052 said:

Was kinda hoping for HMS Dreadnought but these are going to be fun to play with i wonder how they play they seem to have good secondaries and there mains are not bad either so could be fun.

HMS Dreadnought is almost certainly going to be a premium due to her place in history.

On the whole I'm liking the look of the RN's BB's so far :Smile_honoring:

2 people like this

Missing in action

Tier VI British Battleship Queen Elizabeth

Wondering whether the Queen Elizabeth class is gonna be the Malaya variant or the Valiant considering we already ahve the Warspite configuration.

It's going to be weird having QE class ships that don't have op rudders, fast DCP cooldown and zombie flesh regeneration :Smile_teethhappy:

3 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

It's going to be weird having QE class ships that don't have op rudders, fast DCP cooldown and zombie flesh regeneration :Smile_teethhappy:

I wonder what their trait will be?

2 hours ago, Dragon200052 said:

i guess we did the same choice as the Royal Navy did - heavier secondaries and better protection overall are worth an extra inch of armor belt.

2 hours ago, Vaderan said:

6-8 secondary guns are nothing to write home about, especially at that tier. Arkansas Beta has 21 secondaries, and even the upgrade slots to maximize their potential, still useless. 5x2 343mm guns at tier 4 will give the Orion class the edge in that tier, i guess. Well, if RNG allows to score any hits, of course...

Depends also on the parameters of the secondaries :) The 4" secondaries were a bit anemic, true, but the 5"/51 was not really anything to write home about either... and the 16 guns is not that behind either (esp. as they seem to have better arcs than the bow and aft casemates on the US battleships).And 6" guns on the Iron Duke look interesting :cap_rambo:

33 minutes ago, Tordenskjold23 said:

Missing in action

Tier VI British Battleship Queen Elizabeth

Missing? Not for long :cap_old:

10 minutes ago, GhostRider_24 said:

I wonder what their trait will be?

It's a weird one as I don't think a "normal" QE without any of Warspite's traits other than accuracy would be very well received. Maybe give it a fighter float plane and a bit more HP to make up for the rudder/DCP/heal? 

Or maybe it'll be something totally different as it's the only ship WG haven't revealed yet. Hope so...

Lizzy was leaked yesterday.

Spoiler

5jzbOvf.jpg

+ Best tier 6 BB AA.

+ Much better HE shells (6300 damage, 35% fire, 95mm pen)

- Hood AP shells

- Nerfed secondary range.

- 680m turning circle.

The rest is Warspite, including the messed up citadel. :cap_fainting:

These are HE spammers.

I think they misses a lot of opportunities here.

That the Dreadnought itself will be a Premium was quite Obvious from the start....i still have hope she might be a campaign reward of some sort, but i´m fine with the Belle for now since she is a real Dreadnought herself.

4-5-6 i have Problems with. Not only does 4 and 5 share the same gunlayout, 6 is even a copy of an alrdy existing premium ship. (why should i buy the Spite anyway after i can get the QE for free?)

I would have gone with the Neptune on T4. She is an improvement to the Belle and shares the Gunlayout of Kaiser.

Duke at T5 is ok sine a little bit more AA and Secondarys are fine.

At T6 i would have done what they did at T7 in the German line. I would have gone for Renown/Repulse. as some kind of weaker Gneisenau on T6.

I would have made her pretty quick and agile and what she lacks in armor i would have made up for with good accuracy.

Its really sad to see copys and similar stuff in a line that had real varieties like no other...too bad :(

Call me again when Agincourt comes out as a T4 Prem pls, i might get back to the RN then :(

4 hours ago, Tuccy said:

Depends also on the parameters of the secondaries :) The 4" secondaries were a bit anemic, true, but the 5"/51 was not really anything to write home about either... and the 16 guns is not that behind either (esp. as they seem to have better arcs than the bow and aft casemates on the US battleships).And 6" guns on the Iron Duke look interesting :cap_rambo:

Considering the fact, that tier 3-6 secondaries can´t hit a barn from the inside, no matter the ammount of guns or caliber, captain perks or upgrades, secondaries on BBs still remain a more or less decorative aspect, while the skill-compensating RNG of the main batteries remains a limitless source of frustration. As much as i might be anticipating the British BBs, they will still just be a bunch of cashcows with the chance for the lucky hit once in a while, just like most of their kind.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, creamgravy said:

Lizzy was leaked yesterday.

Hide contents

5jzbOvf.jpg

+ Best tier 6 BB AA.

+ Much better HE shells (6300 damage, 35% fire, 95mm pen)

- Hood AP shells

- Nerfed secondary range.

- 680m turning circle.

The rest is Warspite, including the messed up citadel. :cap_fainting:

These are HE spammers.

Interesting, except the HE spam ?

Will it have Warspite's heal or the Hood's?

And the big question: when are these ships expected to sail in our servers?

3 minutes ago, GeneralSavage said:

Interesting, except the HE spam ?

Will it have Warspite's heal or the Hood's?

The lines gimmick is garbage AP but amazing HE.

They all have Hoods heal (0.5% HP per second, that can recover 60% non-citadel damage)

A 35% fire chance and 6300 Max damage per shell. This would be awful for other BB players considering the HE spam from cruisers.:Smile_facepalm:

And eventually there will be more BBs sniping rather than engaging in brawls (especially the Germans) getting burnt by all that HE.:Smile_hiding:

I already remember that match where i got HE focused by 3 BBs in my Colorado because I simply did not take AP damage:Smile-_tongue: I obviously burned quick.

Do we have a possible release date? Gamescom?

Should be good when they (all) arrive :)

1 hour ago, GeneralSavage said:

I just saw the stats of conqueror and I am mind-blown.

30km range and 63% firechance really looks like a BB that finally will get close and personal like we all want to right....:cap_book:

1 person likes this

One thing i simply don´t get, is WG´s philosophy why they come up with that much diversity within the newest techtrees. I mean, what´s the point? For example: German cruisers are completly build around AP shells, with great alpha and penetration, but really bad HE ammunition. German BBs suffer from rather bad AP shells and incredibly bad accuracy, while the HE at least is usefull to start fires and even relying on their secondary armaments on higher tiers (which is even more pointless, regarding the skills required...).

Now, we got British cruisers, which lack HE shells at all, and we get British BBs with rather tough HE shells! In addition, in regards of those 30km range for the Conqueror, whats the point? A BB, capable of kiting a Yamato? This is pointless! And it for sure doesn´t add for the better of the sniping-BB´s situation. What we need, for all BB trees, are reliable brawlers. Ships that can take a beating (and withstand the overwhelming HE spam and fires) for long enough, to make a difference in the midst of the fighting.

More snipers are the last thing anybody wants to see, no matter the prefered class...

1 person likes this

I really think this is what we need, BBs that can be bruised and get stuck into fights, backing up the cruisers and DDs going into caps. All those BBs on the map edge will soon realise they're missing out and making losses with miniscule damage being done. Conqueror, Minotaur and Radar Neptune division running in guns blazing :cap_tea::Smile_honoring:

So looking forward to playing HMS Iron Duke with those guns.

1 person likes this

VERY very happy for the Iron Duke.

but......

i want .......

the......

RESOLUTION ....... in this CAMO!!!!!!!!!

hms-resolution-1942-battleship.thumb.png.df2db620af86b206f77ce5ca8c2295c2.png

make it premium!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... !!! ... !! ... !

5 people like this