Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toni112007

Why so bad winrate in randoms?

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Can anyone explain such a bad winrate for 41k average damage in Wyoming? I sure cant. What am I doing wrong? Why does it has to be so frustrating?shot-17.06.19_16.44.21-0231.jpg

Edited by Toni112007

13 games, that's why.

Posted (edited)

13 battles played isn't enough to draw a conclusion from, but if you aren't hitting the right targets at the right times, then damage doesn't necessarily convert to a win.

Edit: What does concern me a little is a see you have 7% on Tirpitz. I expect this is a case of not many games and bad luck too, as to have a WR this poor you would have to do worse than not even showing up. I'm not going to get all like "get back to T3 noob" on you, but you probably have a lot to learn about gameplay mechanics, ship strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Edited by Flid_Merchant

13 games, that's why.

I hope so.

Posted (edited)

13 battles played isn't enough to draw a conclusion from, but if you aren't hitting the right targets at the right times, then damage doesn't necessarily convert to a win.

Edit: What does concern me a little is a see you have 7% on Tirpitz. I expect this is a case of not many games and bad luck too, as to have a WR this poor you would have to do worse than not even showing up. I'm not going to get all like "get back to T3 noob" on you, but you probably have a lot to learn about gameplay mechanics, ship strengths and weaknesses, etc.

I have bad winrate at Tirpitz because I bought it before having other T8 ingame (Still dont have it) and ofc I am too inexperienced for it. So I dont play if anymore, until I get that experience. Edited by Toni112007

At least you recognise that. Don't let it put you off taking it out completely, like I say you can't get a 7% WR just because of one player. Typical mistakes with the Tirpitz: Thinking torps are a main weapon. Trying to snipe (guns are inaccurate). On the good side once you learn how to play it it's one of the best credit earners in the game.

At least you recognise that. Don't let it put you off taking it out completely, like I say you can't get a 7% WR just because of one player. Typical mistakes with the Tirpitz: Thinking torps are a main weapon. Trying to snipe (guns are inaccurate). On the good side once you learn how to play it it's one of the best credit earners in the game.

I tried to brawl with it but too inexperienced. Everyone just focused fire me and gg xD

You are just starting. Having less than 100 battles is a bit early to wonder about WR.

You probably do not have much situational awareness yet, as you need game experience to get that.

So I should continue playing and losing which basically deters me from playing more games?

Should I simply not care about winrate now and just play?

You're bound to be carried some of the time. If it makes you feel any better, I'm a pretty experienced cruiser player and have been grinding the IJN line, and even at tier 4 and 5 and having brilliant games I've recorded about 3 wins in 20 battles this weekend.

Use every loss as a learning experience: why was I focussed? What did I do wrong? How can I save my hp for mid and late game?

When you go on a comparable winning streak you'll feel like Halsey

Posted (edited)

You're bound to be carried some of the time. If it makes you feel any better, I'm a pretty experienced cruiser player and have been grinding the IJN line, and even at tier 4 and 5 and having brilliant games I've recorded about 3 wins in 20 battles this weekend.

Use every loss as a learning experience: why was I focussed? What did I do wrong? How can I save my hp for mid and late game?

When you go on a comparable winning streak you'll feel like Halsey

Game is usually like this. In 2 minutes from start all of our destroyers are dead. While enemies still have them. So in like 3 minutes they have like 4 ships more than us. Literally every game. Edited by Toni112007

Your Wyoming damage is pretty good but when do you mostly do that damage? I am a firm believer in getting stuck in early and doing damage in the early part of the battle when playing BB, doing most of it when you are heading for a loss at the end of a battle is not the way. You'll be amazed how a good couple of volleys on an attacking BB or two will make them turn around and head for the back...also brawling is about picking your moment not heading in against the odds (unless you have no choice), and knowing the strengths and weakness of the enemy ships you are brawling against etc.

These days a Tirpitz set up for maximum secondaries AND with torps is a top brawler but going in against 3 or 4 ships will only end one way.

23% win rate over 13 games is just bad luck. But you still need to think about it and learn so it gets better over time.

Firstly, damage =/= win. It's not how much damage you do in total that has impact, but when you do damage and to which enemy. You need to strike a balance between being so aggressive you die instantly and so passive you are doing damage when it's too late to change the game. In a slow ship it's hard to find that balance. Unfortunately practice is the only solution and it can be painful. But think about your targets. Who can you shoot easily to remove someone from the enemy team and start snowball, where is the enemy going to be in a few minutes and so where do you need to go to be ready for him, that kind of thing. The game is actually not about shooting and damage, it's about position and prediction.

Good BB play is all about reading your own fleet's movement, judging the enemy fleet, and position yourself accordingly. You are learning this the hard way, as did I, and over time you will become better at deciding on where to go and when to push. Props for coming to the forums and asking for advice instead of just ranting and flaming about it :) There is valuable advice here already, and you can also find a lot of ship- and gameplay guides on Youtube, or simply div up with experienced Forumites by using the Forumites chat channel (with capital F, password "play4fun" if I'm not mistaken)

These days a Tirpitz set up for maximum secondaries AND with torps is a top brawler but going in against 3 or 4 ships will only end one way.

Except when it doesn't. And these are the games we remember.

Should I simply not care about winrate now and just play?

Basically, yeah. Do what you do for the fun of it. Learn from what we have above.

If it stops being fun, take a break for a bit and come back.

13 games, that's why.

I had 31% WR in Midway after 100 games, same with Minotaur. Got absolutely unlucky with those ships as all my other stats where well above avarage. Had the feeling that i got the worst of the worst players on my team every time. Right now its the Hood that i absolutely cant get to work. Every time i play it i get Teams that completely disintegrate before i even reach a meaningful positions ..

Except when it doesn't. And these are the games we remember.

Obviously this is true but most of the time it doesn't :)

Great, it fell to 20% on Wyoming now. Maybe I should go AFK whole game? Maybe Il win then?

It's probably just a small sample size.

From a purely statistical point of view, if you toss a coin 13 times, there's around a 5% chance you'll get 10 or more heads. So even if you're an average player with a baseline 50% win chance, there's a considerable chance that you get 10 or more losses in 13 games.

Your damage is well above average though, so 50% is probably a low estimate. If you keep doing what you do, the laws of statistics should be on your side, and your W/R should eventually settle at nicely above 50%

Sometimes it can take a while for the win rate to stabilize. I had a ~47% win rate in North Carolina beyond 100 games, though I was always doing above average in terms of damage. After 300 games it's at a more reasonable 52%.

Great, it fell to 20% on Wyoming now. Maybe I should go AFK whole game? Maybe Il win then?

Just bad luck, you have something like and 80% WR in US cruisers over a similar number of games, that doesn't mean anything either.

It s the MM... you probably get better teams on other ships. Stop playing that unlucky ship for a few-days-one week, so that WGs MM engine gets to digest your performance on that ship. You ll get better teams after that.

So I should continue playing and losing which basically deters me from playing more games?

We cannot help you based on statistics that do say nothing.

You could upload a video of your match and then we could see what you do.

Or you just watch videos on youtube with low tier US BB.

I knew he had it :>

Flamu made a low-tier commentary series and New York was the last ship he covered. Some aspects are outdated by now but the basic gameplay didn't change much. While Flamu's vids usually cover more advanced tactics (i.e. you have to know beforehand WHAT he is doing to understand WHY and WHEN he is doing it), I think he covered a good niche between raw common-sense basics and advanced/competitive stuff with his lower tier guides.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0