Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WarshipsPodcastEU

DeGrasse: To buy or not to buy....

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Today the DeGrasse was released for sale on the NA and I've been getting lots of questions of if you should buy her or not. So I'm going to break it down in the simplest way I can!

Reasons to Buy DeGrasse

• You like the HE kiting/flanking playstyle of French cruisers
  • You like having usable AP against cruisers
  • You're having an affair with your WASD keys behind your SO's back
  • You're a pyro
  • You like screaming "POWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR" like Jeremy Clarkson when you hit speed boost

Reasons NOT to buy DeGrasse

• You don't like being penetrated by AP shells
  • You think HE spamming is for scrubs
  • You don't know what WASD is
  • You freak out an wave your hands if you see the smallest bit of smoke
  • You don't like Premium ships that are better than the tech tree ships
  • You don't like to keep moving in your cruisers (and/or don't know who Jeremy Clarkson is)

Jesting aside, the DeGrasse is a fun, powerful, and versatile cruiser. The real question you have to ask yourself before you buy her is: How much do you play Tier 6? If the answer is "A lot" then I'd say the DeGrasse is something you should consider. If you don't play much T6, then you may want to pass.

Cheers,

Kelorn

P.S.

In terms of a ranked ship, DeGrasse has a potential niche as a flanking ship. While flanking can be good and powerful as a strategy, it's a secondary role in a ranked game. In a game mode like ranked where you can't count on team gameplay to provide you with an opportunity to flank, I would say you're more likely to find success with a ship that can directly influence the game via cap points or destroying other ships.

Edited by WarshipsPodcastEU

Can you afford it?

Since when did blokes reason what they do and don't buy?

If you can't then no. There are far better premiums.

If you can?  Then why not?

Today the DeGrasse was released for sale on the NA and I've been getting lots of questions of if you should buy her or not. So I'm going to break it down in the simplest way I can!

Reasons to Buy DeGrasse

• You like the HE kiting/flanking playstyle of French cruisers
  • You like having usable AP against cruisers
  • You're having an affair with your WASD keys behind your SO's back
  • You're a pyro
  • You like screaming "POWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR" like Jeremy Clarkson when you hit speed boost

• You don't like to keep moving in your cruisers (and/or don't know who Jeremy Clarkson is)

Jesting aside, the DeGrasse is a fun, powerful, and versatile cruiser. The real question you have to ask yourself before you buy her is: How much do you play Tier 6? If the answer is "A lot" then I'd say the DeGrasse is something you should consider. If you don't play much T6, then you may want to pass.

Cheers,

Kelorn

P.S.

In terms of a ranked ship, DeGrasse has a potential niche as a flanking ship. While flanking can be good and powerful as a strategy, it's a secondary role in a ranked game. In a game mode like ranked where you can't count on team gameplay to provide you with an opportunity to flank, I would say you're more likely to find success with a ship that can directly influence the game via cap points or destroying other ships.

All points true and summed up well. Bought it the other day in EU, played it only a few games, got a kraken in the 3rd and it seems pretty solid. Will definetely try it out in Ranked , the only 3 other cruisers I have are Perth (will try it out for sure), Molotov and Graf Spee (will not try them in Ranked). If the Duca is on sale again before the season starts I will give it a go too.

Btw really enjoyed your game on youtube in The Henry IV the other day, wp indeed.

I bought the ship for the Operations. I love it! :honoring:

Hi Kelorn,

Nice to see you here. I am a consistent follower of your podcasts. Great job mate please keep up the good work.

To the topic; I am a cruiser main and the best moment in my WoWs life was when I hit the "sell" button for La Galissanno....... Simply for me it was very boring.

I know DeGrasse is a bit better but still not sure if that justifies.

Btw even tho I hated the gameplay I think both are looking gorgeous. Especially DeGrasse with its unique camo. 

Hi Kelorn,

Nice to see you here. I am a consistent follower of your podcasts. Great job mate please keep up the good work.

To the topic; I am a cruiser main and the best moment in my WoWs life was when I hit the "sell" button for La Galissanno....... Simply for me it was very boring.

I know DeGrasse is a bit better but still not sure if that justifies.

Btw even tho I hated the gameplay I think both are looking gorgeous. Especially DeGrasse with its unique camo. 

Being a cruiser main, do you like ships like the Cleveland, Nurnburg, and the Russian cruisers? If so, you'll feel right at home in DeGrasse. Her 7.5 second reload is glorious

Add (more important than the stuff you wrote, which has more comical than real value):

• Tier 6 cruiser MM.
  • French premium, not really much needed as a trainer because not many play French line, and cruisers are in decline now.
  • There are better premium ships to buy.

Great opening post, OP!

And thanks for bringing a sense of humour to the forum, as well! :great:

Being a cruiser main, do you like ships like the Cleveland, Nurnburg, and the Russian cruisers? If so, you'll feel right at home in DeGrasse. Her 7.5 second reload is glorious

I keep Cleveland. I like both Budyonny and Nurnberg very much too. As mentioned the MM ruins them since you can't do much when uptiered.

One of the reasons I disliked the La Glass. at the time I was grinding was its 10 sec reload. Too slow for 152mm guns. 

8.1 second for De Grasse sounds much better but still wont be able to do much against T8's

Could be a good option for ranked tho.

Now I am fine with the Algerie. A very potent ship.

She is a fun little ship! And I like the zebra camo :-)

Posted (edited)

First at all, is it really better then Budionny ? If yes, then please tell me why.

Edited by Odo_Toothless

Not worth paying money to be low tier most of the times.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0