Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
xenopathia

WG What's your problem with me?

57 comments in this topic

I am a good customer of yours who likes to spend on my hobbies. I really appreciate the great effort developing this fantastic game. I want to support by buying your products.

However can you please tell me how I will motivate myself spending a single penny after this happening over and over again?

001.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg

006.jpg007.jpg

For those who will mention the weekend players:

This is not a post about the player or gameplay quality. This is about the extreme difference between the teams and me being constantly in the garbage ones.

And I am aware what happened to me today happens to others aswell.

Yes, WG wants to screw you of all people because they feel like it. The MM is programmed to give you bad teams only. You get worse RNG than anyone and enemies will get better RNG against you. Just because WG feels like it.

/sarcasm

Is this what you want to hear? Or do you want to hear the "No one gives a damn whether you win or lose" version?

SBS   

I am a good customer of yours who likes to spend on my hobbies. I really appreciate the great effort developing this fantastic game. I want to support by buying your products.

However can you please tell me how I will motivate myself spending a single penny after this happening over and over again?

006.jpg007.jpg

This is not a post about the player or gameplay quality. This is about the extreme difference between the teams and me being constantly in the garbage ones.

Well, I can tell you very clearly the answer. The MM does NOT take player skill of any sort in to account, when it makes teams. The only thing it cares about is the ship tiers and types.

It does not even care about having equal number of divisions on each team.

The reason why you see results like this soo much, where one team looses heavily and the winning team only lost a few ships is simply.

It is a snowball effect that happens.

Imagine that you got 12v12. Then if one team is lucky and gets 2 quick kills (it can be dumb luck with some citadels or 1 or 2 players making a simple mistake) and then suddenly it looks like 10v12.

You might not think that looks like a huge disparity, but what has actually happened is that one team has just lost about 18% of their firepower. And if those 2 ships were DD that got caught, then suddenly map control and scouting potential can be completely lost to the enemy. If those were BB the team can be down a substancial amount of HP and tanking potential.

But most importantly, this is 2 less guns shooting back at the enemy, but allso 2 less ships the enemy have to fire at. This means that the enemy is more likely to start focusing their fire, as one team looses more and more ships, thus giving the enemy less choice of targets, and this resulting combined fire can lead to the following ships dying faster and faster.

So in short, what you are probably experiencing is a snow ball effect, where as one team looses more and more ships, compared to the other team, their chance of making a compack is reduced drasticly.

It is not impossible, but it is something to remember. 

This is also why it is important to actually ensure your teammates stay allive and go help them/bail them out of trouble if possible, even if they have the worst WR possible. At the very least it gives the enemy more targets to choose from (less chance they will shoot at you) and more HP to chew threw on your team, and every shell your allies fire is a chance the enemy will loose some HP, even if their accuracy is poor, most players manage to have a hit rate of about 20% at the lowest, so that can still be a few thousand HP of the enemy in your favor.

So yes, a lot of battles do result in one team loosing a lot with the winners having several ships alive.

I suggest you try to actually study how the next battles seem to unfold in the future and when/where/how your allies die and how your enemies kill them. Do they get focus fired? Did they get focused cause the enemy could hit no other targets? Was it because the enemy had a division that coordinated? Was it because the rest of the team was dead?

Try to study it and learn.

006.jpg007.jpg

You got it wrong, you were just getting preferential treatment all your career but WG recently discontinued that and now you see how good you really are :trollface:

006.jpg007.jpg

WG is not responsible for the performance of players. It is not WGs fault when your team plays badly.

Complain to your teammates, not WG.

WG is not responsible for the performance of players. It is not WGs fault when your team plays badly.

Complain to your teammates, not WG.

I disagree, both are responsible. WG could have made some kind of tutorial for this game, but where's the money in that? It's way better to sell Missouris, Belfasts, Saipans and tier 10 perma camos so people can play like #&$% and still don't lose credits. As long as you are willing to pay a little from time to time there is no incentive to play well. #play4fun

Do you really think tutorials would change a thing, in high tier?

Players who want to improve, will improve. There are enough guides and videos out there.

For the rest: No matter what shipload of tutorials you bring, they will not improve, they will probably ignore it.

iJoby   

If your meal tasted bad in a restaurant would you pay for it? of course not, then stop paying your subs and buying ships if you are unhappy with Wargaming.

Well, now it's way too late for that. They should have made a tutorial when this game was released from beta.

Ferry_25   

Am I the only 1 not getting your point? As far as my 2 brain cells are allowing you have very good overall stats. My best guess is you had a couple of awful matches in a row. OP: happens to all of us. Even the top ace Youtube warriors. They only never show those matches. Or very rarely.

Hi all,

006.jpg007.jpg

I know exactly what you mean... this happens to me quite regularly... :izmena:

How I know this for sure?

Because I am using the external program "Matchmaking Monitor".

Now... I know that many of you have very very bad feelings about XVM - but I only use it to know which enemy should I target as priority (if possible) to help my team the best...

So... last weekend... morning... lost 7 battles (usually 1st / 2nd / 3rd) - won just 1... in all cases average statistical Experience, WinRate and Damage firmly on enemy side at the start of the game... I did my best but against overwhelming odds you can't do much... later in the day I managed to turn this around and ended up with 60+% WinRate... the teams were more normal and the games become winnable...

I don't believe that MM is doing that... it is simply a "law of large numbers"... you are lucky sometimes... you are unlucky sometimes... it is the nature of the MM "beast"... one should simply learn to accept it... :hiding:

BTW, playing in division (especially Clan division) helps a lot (and even when division is losing you can joke about it with fellow teammates in real time over TeamSpeak)! :)

Leo "Apollo11"

Because I am using the external program "Matchmaking Monitor".

Now... I know that many of you have very very bad feelings about XVM - but I only use it to know which enemy should I target as priority (if possible) to help my team the best...

Let me tell you that, you are doing it utterly wrong.

You are both using XVM like complete idiots in WoT did and showing why this mod is so f***** disgusting in the first place.

XVM should NOT be used to focus better players :

- First, because a good player is harder to kill. When he notices he is focused, he will uses his allies, angle, kite away, bait you, and so on. It's a waste of time.

- Second, because "focusing the good player" sometimes doesn't make ANY sense. So you'll focus that angled Yamato because he's unicum but ignore that DD blocking the cap because he's a potato ?

- Third, because if you focus bad players instead, they'll die quickly. No matter how good a player is, he can't reverse a 10 v 1 situation. You win against good player by isolating them, not by wasting time trying to kill him, or even worse : suiciding to get him (I've seen that enough in WoT, ret*rd rushing me because I had blue stats and wanting to get a shot at me no matter the cost, and I wasn't even unicum... And I'm not even talking about the arty focus :facepalm:)

But more than anything else, XVM should be used in order to know which ALLIES you can count on. Even ignoring all the above, uses it to knows which players are nothing more than meat shield or border-hugger and which players are likely to push, smoke smartly, radar DDs and so on.

Right now, with how you're using that XVM-like, you're not only not helpful, but you're making XVM as toxic as it was in WoT. Stop that crap, now.

Hi all,

Let me tell you that, you are doing it utterly wrong.

You are both using XVM like complete idiots in WoT did and showing why this mod is so f***** disgusting in the first place.

XVM should NOT be used to focus better players :

- First, because a good player is harder to kill. When he notices he is focused, he will uses his allies, angle, kite away, bait you, and so on. It's a waste of time.

- Second, because "focusing the good player" sometimes doesn't make ANY sense. So you'll focus that angled Yamato because he's unicum but ignore that DD blocking the cap because he's a potato ?

- Third, because if you focus bad players instead, they'll die quickly. No matter how good a player is, he can't reverse a 10 v 1 situation. You win against good player by isolating them, not by wasting time trying to kill him, or even worse : suiciding to get him (I've seen that enough in WoT, ret*rd rushing me because I had blue stats and wanting to get a shot at me no matter the cost, and I wasn't even unicum... And I'm not even talking about the arty focus :facepalm:)

But more than anything else, XVM should be used in order to know which ALLIES you can count on. Even ignoring all the above, uses it to knows which players are nothing more than meat shield or border-hugger and which players are likely to push, smoke smartly, radar DDs and so on.

Right now, with how you're using that XVM-like, you're not only not helpful, but you're making XVM as toxic as it was in WoT. Stop that crap, now.

The "Ad Hominem" is never the way to go... the only toxicity here is... well... created by you and you alone... :(

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

If you stop good player in enemy team (from doing what he/she is doing best) even without killing him/her - it is a "Mission Kill"...

Hi all,

The "Ad Hominem" is never the way to go... the only toxicity here is... well... created by you and you alone... :(

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

If you stop good player in enemy team (from doing what he/she is doing best) even without killing him/her - it is a "Mission Kill"...

That's not ad hominem, that's facts. Using XVM for focusing players "because he have good stats lol" is both toxic and using it wrong. There's no other word to describes how disgusting that mod can be. I had 23.000 battles in WoT, I know what I'm talking about.

If you can't understand my point, you better uninstall it, because you're doing more harm to your team than without.

Also you don't need any XVM-like to see if a players play well. That was true in WoT, that's even more true in WoWS.

Hi all,

That's not ad hominem, that's facts. Using XVM for focusing players "because he have good stats lol" is both toxic and using it wrong. There's no other word to describes how disgusting that mod can be. I had 23.000 battles in WoT, I know what I'm talking about.

If you can't understand my point, you better uninstall it, because you're doing more harm to your team than without.

Also you don't need any XVM-like to see if a players play well. That was true in WoT, that's even more true in WoWS.

I think you (again) "jumped the conclusion" without proper reading / understanding... :(

I wrote:

Please note the above sentence and read it carefully (several times if necessary): "which enemy should I target as priority" - as you see I used the "I" and not "team"!

Therefore I never ever add to toxicity of the game by disclosing to my team which enemy should be attacked because he/she is the the best player - in fact I never disclose the fact that I use the XVM to anyone at all except when there is outstanding enemy CV player in which case I simply say:

"Please beware of the enemy CV - he/she is very very good player - please use mutual AA for support!

And that's it... there is no toxicity whatsoever...

I simply use XVM for myself in order to kill or to "mission kill" good enemy player and help my team the best way possible!

Leo "Apollo11"

Please note the above sentence and read it carefully (several times if necessary): "which enemy should I target as priority" - as you see I used the "I" and not "team"!

Therefore I never ever add to toxicity of the game by disclosing to my team which enemy should be attacked because he/she is the the best player - in fact I never disclose the fact that I use the XVM to anyone at all except when there is outstanding enemy CV player in which case I simply say:

"Please beware of the enemy CV - he/she is very very good player - please use mutual AA for support!

I simply use XVM for myself in order to kill or to "mission kill" good enemy player and help my team the best way possible!

:facepalm:

You totally fail to understand my point.

The simple facts that YOU are using XVM to focus a player "because he has good stats" without considering what ship he is playing, what his position in the matchmaking, is he even important to focus at that point, is using XVM wrongly. That's facts. And you're not "mission killing" or whatever. You're just brainlessy focusing a player without any reasons whatsoever other than his stats. That's toxicity.

Like I said, I had 23000 battles in WoT, with more than half being focused because I had good stats. Even without talking about it in your team, using XVM to focus on a particular enemy is misusing it.

And that's f****** facts, there's no counter argument to this, man.

Believe me, you're doing more harm to your team with XVM than without. XVM makes you biased toward the enemy team, that's the second worse possible utilization of this mod. (The worst case is "screw it the enemy team is better I go back to port")

Uses XVM to see which allies you can count on.

Aotearas   

ShinGetsu has a very good point though.

It's more efficient to focus the weaker players (and more effective since they tend to get themselves into positions where it's easier to sink them) than trying to focus a good player who'll know what to do to stay alive.

From simple damage economics, you'll do a lot more damage focusing weak players than good ones.

And if you can kill his team, a good player alone is just as easy to kill once your entire team is shooting him.

Hi all,

I think you (again) "jumped the conclusion" without proper reading / understanding... :(

I wrote:

Leo "Apollo11"

But that's exactly what ShiGetsu was explaining, you're better of targetting the BAD players (who is likely to succumb much faster) and thus isolating the GOOD players.

Mr_Tayto   

I didn't even know there was an XVM-like in WoWs - this makes me very sad.

XVM killed WoT for me.

I didn't even know there was an XVM-like in WoWs - this makes me very sad.

XVM killed WoT for me.

Right now it's only an external application, and I really hopes devs will block any kind of XVM ingame. Worse case I'll just hide my stats.

Hi all,

But that's exactly what ShiGetsu was explaining, you're better of targetting the BAD players (who is likely to succumb much faster) and thus isolating the GOOD players.

Please read below...

ShinGetsu has a very good point though.

It's more efficient to focus the weaker players (and more effective since they tend to get themselves into positions where it's easier to sink them) than trying to focus a good player who'll know what to do to stay alive.

From simple damage economics, you'll do a lot more damage focusing weak players than good ones.

And if you can kill his team, a good player alone is just as easy to kill once your entire team is shooting him.

You can always kill the weak enemy players - that is not the point - the point is how to stop good enemy players from dominating (and killing off your bad / average teammates)! :)

For example, in one of my last games both teams were average (and I am perhaps just a tiny bit better than "Average Joe" myself) - the game was tier V-VI.

I was in my "Nicholas" DD.

The enemy had "Kamikaze R" DD player with 1.500 games, WinRate 70%, average damage above 60.000 and more than 2 kills per game.

He was Unicum player (of "Deep Purple" stats).

If I let him rampage unchallenged he would have killed off my average team in no time and the game would have been lost - but I did challenge him, harassed him, made him kill his own teammate trying to kill me and, in the end, killed him myself in gun duel!

Finally he was way way below in stats for that game (-1 kill and almost no damage to my team) - if I didn't do what I did the game would have been much different - I helped the team the best way by completely eliminating the most prominent threat in enemy team... :)

So... how is this example as an argument for my case? :hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

As I pointed out in my previous posts I never even disclosed the XVM to my team - I never added to toxicity at all...

Mr_Tayto   

You should be trying to kill that Kamikaze anyway? In a gunboat DD, your first priority is to get into the cap and kill him. You don't need XVM for that.

If the top player was a reversing Dunkerque outside your range, would you have ignored everything else to go and get him?

Hi all,

You should be trying to kill that Kamikaze anyway? In a gunboat DD, your first priority is to get into the cap and kill him. You don't need XVM for that.

It was "Standard" game (not "Domination")... :)

Leo "Apollo11"

Sign in to follow this