Sign in to follow this  
Palantyre

Getting stuck on cliffs due to wonky collision.

6 comments in this topic

[WOOF]
Beta Tester
3 posts
1,210 battles

Am I the only one that has encountered this?

A sheer cliff dropping vertically into the sea with no visible shore. Side of ship gently brushes against it and TILT! There you are, irrevocoably stuck. Can't go forwards, can't go backwards, at best the ship just very slightly wiggles in place, all the while there is a visual gap between the hull and the cliffside.

I would be completely fine with being punished for collisions by taking damage/flooding, but getting permanently stuck is just immensely frustrating.

Edited by Palantyre

Weekend Tester
129 posts
2,278 battles

Something like that happened to me too. As I passed very close to the island with cliff dropping vertically into the sea with no visible shore, my BB Fuso almost instantly stopped, at the moment I thought that she was sinking.

I could not move forward or backward, I was pressing W and S, but nothing happend and than after some time it looked like she has drifted away from the cliff although she was at full stop, After that drifing I was able to move her forward.

Very strange experience, like there was some sandbank or reef below the surface, I don't know if there are sanbanks or reefs in game at all. Or is it a bug?:honoring:

Edited by Nisargananda

Alpha Tester
1,049 posts
2,334 battles

No, happens to everyone.

My guess would be that they will get around to fix this sooner or later, just not a major issue at the moment.

Sign in to follow this