MrConway

Forum Update

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

53 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

58c9fffa-4d0c-11e7-a5c5-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

Captains,

As originally announced in our May Calendar, we are planning to bring you a new version of the forums. While the May deadline didn't work out in the end, we're more than happy to announce that it is finally here, coming on June 14th to a forum near you!  

Please note that the World of Warships forum will be down on June 26th from 09:00 to 11:00 CEST (UTC+2) to facilitate the update.

What improvements are coming?

Improved Search

With better parameters, the search function should now only take the forums you can visit into account, making the search faster and more useful than ever. You will also be able to filter for Private Messages.

Activity Streams

In the updated forum, you will be able to track all activity much easier. These streams can be customized according to your wishes - do you want to only see your posts? Posts in the Mod section? Kandly's posts? No problem!

Files

In the current forum version, a player can have a total of up to 500 KB of attachments. This sometimes prevented users from attaching more “heavy” screenshots to their messages. This problem will be resolved in the new forum version: there will be no limits for the total size of all attachments. You will be able to share replays, screenshots, mods, and other materials easily without having to use use external services.

A limit of 50 MB for each upload will however still be in place.

Sorry, this cannot be helped for now! :nerv_fish:

Calendars

The new forum will introduce a calendar function. In a similar format to other online calendars, this feature will allow you to follow community events and news!

Mentions

Do you want to address another player directly / notify them when you reply? Easy - just use @ to "mention" a player in your post and he / she will receive a notification!

Using Assets from External Websites

Using assets from external sources - YouTube, various image sharing sites, Reddit and so on - will become significantly easier. Just copy and paste the link and the forum will do the rest!

Staff Replies window

In the current forum version, we often face a situation when a developer is engaged in a discussion in one of the forum topics and the Staff Replies window only shows the replies of this member. In the new version, even if a staff member has replied several times, this window will only show one of his replies. If another staff member posts anything, this window will display one message from each.

Questions

The forum upgrade will also bring the Questions function. This will be especially useful for Newcomers, game guides and tech issues. This function will allow you to rate the questions' usefulness, making sure the relevant replies will be seen and will help other players!

Action Stations! :happy_fish:

Edited by Tuccy

Sounds good :)

Does it will look like the RU server has?

Does it will look like the RU server has?

Yes, we will be migrating to the same forum software that they are using :)

Yes, we will be migrating to the same forum software that they are using :)

Any change of seeing a higher number of messages in the inbox?

NA got 250 afterall and we got only 50... :/

Posted (edited)

Question:

Will the content of the old forum still be available, or does the new software mean that it is a fresh start? Should be save old content if we want to restore it after the switch, or will that not be necessary?

Edit: Question answered by Sehales on the german forum. All content should still be intact after the transfer and they'll have a backup in case it doesn't go as smoothly.

Edit2: Another info from Sehales. The forum update is delayed till Friday.

Edited by Egoleter

Unfortunately we have hit a little bump – as a result we have to move the implementation from this Wednesday to Friday. :hiding:

This is sounding good  :) so we'll now see this on Friday 16th  :coin:  

This is sounding good  :) so we'll now see this on Friday 16th  :coin:  

If they continue to delay it, then we may see it next january >.>

Looks like some kind of Philadelphia experiment...:P

Hello,

As you may have noticed, the forums are still up :ohmy:

Unfortunately, another complication was found in the course of the Forum upgrade - we have to postpone it yet again. Apparently the powers of spam and salt have broken the Skynet :trollface:

the new new date for the forum upgrade is June 26, the downtime remains the same - the opening post is updated to reflect that.

We would like to thank you for your patience.

:honoring:

Working as intended :trollface:

I don't mind as I really dislike the new outlook of the forum as seen on RU. I welcome the improved search though. Also I hope you would expand the PM message limit from 50 to something more, like 250 on NA as requested above. Improvements + current outlook would be best imho.

we have to postpone it yet again.

I don't know why, but i already expected that it would be postponed again. :hiding:

It's alive! Bringing all the new features online might take still some time, as will populating the calendar, but... The forum should work now :cap_rambo:

2 people like this

The time has come...................to be cute :fish_cute_2:

1 person likes this

Sorry, but it looks and feels horrible. So sterile. White, yellow-grey ish, black and red. Instead of the red icons on the left side of the threads, have the old colour instead imho. Also, there needs to be some sort of icon for WG posts in threads and direct link to it like before.

Not possible to actually manage your attachments, like delete old ones.

Posted (edited)

The time has come...................to be cute :fish_cute_2:

Cute fish? Not on my watch! I Know what's for dinner today.

:fish_cute_2::fish_cute_2::fish_cute_2:
:cap_rambo::cap_rambo:

Edited by Kurbain

1 person likes this

Is there a way to get the old interface back? The new one is simply horrible.

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, krautjaeger said:

Sorry, but it looks and feels horrible. So sterile. White, yellow-grey ish, black and red. Instead of the red icons on the left side of the threads, have the old colour instead imho. Also, there needs to be some sort of icon for WG posts in threads and direct link to it like before.

Not possible to actually manage your attachments, like delete old ones.

Well the overall color scheme did not change much - first order of business was to upgrade to the new core and we will be working on making the forum prettier over time :etc_hide_turtle:This was supposed to be an evolution, not a revolution after all :fish_book:

Deleting attachments is possible now - check it (just turned it on).

As for marking WG posts, unfortunately the old logo did not look really too nice, however we are working on upgrading it and bringing it back. On the other hand the Staff post window is now more useful as it won't be spammed by repeat replies in the same topic.

1 person likes this

Why not Italian sub forum? o something similar.. :fish_aqua:

Any chance we could get this notification setting unlocked? I like to see the notification on the forum when someone posts in my skins thread rather than having an email

wuIhi.png

Okay. One positive thing already is that the Message Inbox Limit got increased to 250 like on NA

Big thumbs up for that!

37 minutes ago, Tuccy said:

As for marking WG posts, unfortunately the old logo did not look really too nice, however we are working on upgrading it and bringing it back. On the other hand the Staff post window is now more useful as it won't be spammed by repeat replies in the same topic.

Can you explain this a bit further? Sounds to me a bit like an downgrade. I wanna see when someone form you guys posts anywhere something new. So will it still show up 2 new replies when it is like this?

WG Staff member

normal player

WG Staff member

normal player

WG Staff member

(always same WG Staff member)

Will we see 3 posts then? Or only one?

Umm, how do I find the threads I posted in (aka the old: my content)? Currently "my content" is just a list of posts that is mighty unwieldy.