Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
puxflacet

[SKIN][MOD][0.6.12.1] Hunt for Bismarck campaign camo/skin fix

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

12 posts in this topic

I made some small fixes for the campaign reward camo for the Bismarck to make her more historical. Just the intact one, not the zombie. This mod will affect only the reward camo and nothing else.

This skin should represent Bismarck during her final moments:

2JqfIug.jpg

2WTUe0X.jpg

Changes:

• lighter overall shade
  • grey overpaint in place of swastikas (iron crosses)
  • corrected paint job on main turrets
  • visible remnants of baltic stripes
  • dark grey paint for main and secondary gun barrels
  • added mysterious smudge[1]

Reference images: 1 2 3 4

Download link: https://ulozto.net/!yRSMDGDjqxK7/bismarck-campaign-skin-fix-rar

Installation:

• unrar
  • put "content" folder in "res_mod/0.6.12.1" in the game directory (C:/Games/World_of_Warships)

Enjoy!

1 person likes this

Nice. Mark your topic with [0.6.6.0] and [MOD] in front if you like, so it is easier for people to notice it's a mod and not just a post as people may skip it.

Posted (edited)

Thanks so much! Been wanting this. Curious to ask why are those grey blotches on the side of the hull?

Edited by CommanderCorrigan

So there were no swaztika on the Bismarck at the time of her sinking? Makes me wonder why WG added that ritterkreuz

Thanks so much! Been wanting this. Curious to ask why are those grey blotches on the side of the hull?

indeed. thats a mystery for me too. bismarck had those since she arrived at norway and she still had them after leaving until her demise. so for some reason it wasnt painted over even when the baltic stripes were...

WdgL12U.jpg

photo035.jpg

So there were no swaztika on the Bismarck at the time of her sinking? Makes me wonder why WG added that ritterkreuz

they probably just wanted to make the camo more interesting. although the swastika is visible on the wreck. so i'm not sure how it was covered. some say that with canvas or just lightly painted over

I

indeed. thats a mystery for me too. bismarck had those since she arrived at norway and she still had them after leaving until her demise. so for some reason it wasnt painted over even when the baltic stripes were...

WdgL12U.jpg

photo035.jpg

they probably just wanted to make the camo more interesting. although the swastika is visible on the wreck. so i'm not sure how it was covered. some say that with canvas or just lightly painted over

I appreciate the historical accuracy!

Posted (edited)

WdgL12U.jpg

photo035.jpg

no swaztika? but the photo form bottom shows that there is swaztika on it. 

like this 4982c5907e85b043b17fdf7de8755062.jpg

Edited by Erwin_im_Schlammmmm

They painted over the swastica. The paint on the wreck has peeled away for the most part. The yellow paint on the turrets were used as aerial recognition instead of the swastika. There is some debate about wether there was yellow paint on the turret tops however. The order to paint them was given ans at least 2 sources talk about the work being done. A Bismarck surviver mentioned the yellow paint and that it didnt stick to the secondary turrets very well and it was washed off befor it could dry.

Nice one.

Subtle yellow on turrets seems more accurate, like Tirpitz version.

Ingame "crosses" are horrible.

1 person likes this

On 6/15/2017 at 11:57 AM, Guest said:

no swaztika? but the photo form bottom shows that there is swaztika on it. 

like this 4982c5907e85b043b17fdf7de8755062.jpg

That cant be a photo.

10 hours ago, Grandorf said:

That cant be a photo.

Its a painting by Ken Marshall, who did all the famous Titanic paintings.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0