Sign in to follow this  
Rage_Of_Fafnir

Back to the closed alpha

Back to the CAT  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Should World of Warships go back to the closed alpha test?

25 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
4 posts
56 battles

[English]

Should Wargaming bring WoWs back to the closed alpha? I think so, because there are new/more bugs at the CBT then at the CAT. Like Ghostshells, Ghostships, planes get stuck at the open field AND at some hills, torps do either no damage or 50k+ each, bb's (tested with nagato) deal now sometimes 15k by a single hit, next wave only 300 with 6 shells together....

There are several bugs more, which never appeared in CAT. I would prefer WG to go back to the CAT and solve this unknown bugs.

By the way, next time specify the rewards for active players not with "tier 1 to tier 4". It took me some time and supporttickets (still no good answer, but ticket closed) to realize, that i dont get the 250k free exp with my tier 9 played at CAT. Me and some other captains thought you need to have at least a tier 4 in your port to get the 250k exp...

Best regards and hooah

Heiron12

[German]

Soll Wargaming World of Warships in die Closed Alpha zurückersetzen? Ich denke, dass macht am meisten Sinn, weil mit dem Wechsel in die Closed Beta mehr Bugs auf unerklärliche Weise ins Spiel gekommen sind als in der Alpha. Unter anderem gibt es deutlich mehr Ghostshells & Ghostships (Muition geht einfach durch das Schiff, als wäre es nicht vorhanden und trifft das Wasser hinter/unter dem Schiff), Flugzeuge bleiben einfach mal über dem Wasser hängen UND an manchen Bergen, statt wie in der CAT nur an manchen Bergen, Torpedos machen mal keinen Schaden, andere Torpedos vom gleichen Absender drücken 50k+ Damage obwohl sie laut Datenblatt um 20k max. dmg liegen, AP shells von BBs machen mal mit einem einzigen Schuss 15k dmg, danach machen 6 AP treffer zusammen nur 300 dmg....

Die Liste von (negativen) Veränderungen kann man noch weiter fortsetzen, daher würde ich WG bitten, zu überlegen, ob die veröffentlichung und der Massentest sinnvoll waren und ob man evtl. nochmal in die CAt zurück geht.

Nebenbei möchte ich noch bemerken: Die texte für Belohnungen bitte demnächst von jemandem Korretkurlesen lassen, der nicht aus der Entwicklerschiene kommt. Es war für mich und viele Andere auch sehr verwirrend, dass wir, obwohl wir deutlich weiter als Tier 4 gekommen sind keine tier 4 Belohnung in Form von 250.000 EXP zur Verfügung hatten. Nach einigen Tickets konnte ich mir zusammenreimen, dass das Tier 4 nichts mit den Schiffen Tier 4 gemeinsam hatte, wobei mir vom Support auch nicht qualitativ weitergholfen werden konnte.

Viele Grüße und Ahoi

Heiron12

• Cool 1

[HIRR]
Alpha Tester
417 posts
5,983 battles

LOL. No

(sponsored by Shep™)

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
120 posts

how in the world did you get this idea? u know its closed beta and YOUR and ours purpose is to test and correct errors, but this?? NO

• Cool 4

Sailing Hamster
459 posts
4,465 battles

is-hr-evidence-based-are-you-kidding-me.

Nö, nö und nochmal nö....
Denken, nochmal denken und dann evt erst posten.

Edited by K3tt3ng3sicht

Alpha Tester
66 posts
101 battles

[English]

Should Wargaming bring WoWs back to the closed alpha? I think so, because there are new/more bugs at the CBT then at the CAT. Like Ghostshells, Ghostships, planes get stuck at the open field AND at some hills, torps do either no damage or 50k+ each, bb's (tested with nagato) deal now sometimes 15k by a single hit, next wave only 300 with 6 shells together....

There are several bugs more, which never appeared in CAT. I would prefer WG to go back to the CAT and solve this unknown bugs.

By the way, next time specify the rewards for active players not with "tier 1 to tier 4". It took me some time and supporttickets (still no good answer, but ticket closed) to realize, that i dont get the 250k free exp with my tier 9 played at CAT. Me and some other captains thought you need to have at least a tier 4 in your port to get the 250k exp...

Best regards and hooah

Heiron12

[German]

Soll Wargaming World of Warships in die Closed Alpha zurückersetzen? Ich denke, dass macht am meisten Sinn, weil mit dem Wechsel in die Closed Beta mehr Bugs auf unerklärliche Weise ins Spiel gekommen sind als in der Alpha. Unter anderem gibt es deutlich mehr Ghostshells & Ghostships (Muition geht einfach durch das Schiff, als wäre es nicht vorhanden und trifft das Wasser hinter/unter dem Schiff), Flugzeuge bleiben einfach mal über dem Wasser hängen UND an manchen Bergen, statt wie in der CAT nur an manchen Bergen, Torpedos machen mal keinen Schaden, andere Torpedos vom gleichen Absender drücken 50k+ Damage obwohl sie laut Datenblatt um 20k max. dmg liegen, AP shells von BBs machen mal mit einem einzigen Schuss 15k dmg, danach machen 6 AP treffer zusammen nur 300 dmg....

Die Liste von (negativen) Veränderungen kann man noch weiter fortsetzen, daher würde ich WG bitten, zu überlegen, ob die veröffentlichung und der Massentest sinnvoll waren und ob man evtl. nochmal in die CAt zurück geht.

Nebenbei möchte ich noch bemerken: Die texte für Belohnungen bitte demnächst von jemandem Korretkurlesen lassen, der nicht aus der Entwicklerschiene kommt. Es war für mich und viele Andere auch sehr verwirrend, dass wir, obwohl wir deutlich weiter als Tier 4 gekommen sind keine tier 4 Belohnung in Form von 250.000 EXP zur Verfügung hatten. Nach einigen Tickets konnte ich mir zusammenreimen, dass das Tier 4 nichts mit den Schiffen Tier 4 gemeinsam hatte, wobei mir vom Support auch nicht qualitativ weitergholfen werden konnte.

Viele Grüße und Ahoi

Heiron12

you should ask WG if they can delete your account sry but this is foolish.....

Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters, Weekend Tester
520 posts
1,085 battles

Are you Stupie??

You really say this and not think.
Why we Go to CB! To see the Bugs, and you say this!
Sorry but this is the worst thing I read

ohrfeige.gif

Edited by Amysu
  • Cool 1

[HIRR]
Alpha Tester
417 posts
5,983 battles

Hey guys, lets keep this civilized, no need to call eachother names...

Beta Tester
20 posts
111 battles

If anything they should move forward to open beta. Only real thing stopping them is the russian tree isn't out yet.

I've played nearly 150 games in this CBT so far and I haven't noticed any bugs really, certainly no game-breaking ones. Client is also extremely stable for me, even though my system is fairly outdated now.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
4 posts
480 battles

Like Ghostshells, Ghostships, planes get stuck at the open field AND at some hills

Ghostshells and Ghostships, never seen them so far, over 100 games CAT and over 100 games in CBT. 

torps do either no damage or 50k+ each, bb's (tested with nagato) deal now sometimes 15k by a single hit, next wave only 300 with 6 shells together....

With battleship i´ve survived over 8 torp hit in same time, took only allmost half hp down. 

This dmg was also in CAT not only in CBT.

15k dmg deals usually then, when it does critical hit, not normal dmg, Once i did 1 shell dmg over 27k (with amagi). and sometimes i do with 6 shell hit less then 200. Its meybe because you do not hit some critical spot. 

but yea, why should go to CAT if its in TEST phrase and usually what ppl does in here is test and report about bugs if there is some. One good avice record your gameplays and when u rly see some ghostship then u got prove at last :)

Edited by mellkiller

Beta Tester
3 posts
540 battles

Hi,

I think the idea to go back to closed alpha is not helping at all...

The biggest change to go from alpha to beta is to increase the number of players... no idea how many there were in the alpha but the beta had ~9000 players on the weekend... so this number puts the servers under stress which in turn might reflect strange behaviour of the game. And this might be EXACTLY the thing the devs want and need to see, so they can improve their soft and maybe hardware to correct for these errors.

So keep on testing, remember this is still beta and bugs will be there and need to be reported... so instead of writing posts about how buggy the game is, better go to the "report bug" page and do your part as tester ;)

Volle Kraft voraus, Herr Kaleu!!!!! :honoring:

Weekend Tester
483 posts

That's not how such a decision works (CAT->CBT), it's supposed to be final, bugs are there to get reported and stomped anyway, it's still a closed environment where it doesn't harm the game in any way. The engine runs fine without blowing stuff up, the gameplay is enjoyable, and the mechanics mostly work as intended. A CBT can be patched aswell... I'd be worried if stuff like that happens in an Open Beta though. .p

Plenty of time to prevent that from happening though, so just do your part.

Alpha Tester
298 posts
3,210 battles

1 user voted Yes (creator, maybe?:-)).

Let's make a new poll where we vote for the most useless thread of all times:-)

Btw, mentioning things from CAT is forbidden due to NDA. This thread should not exist at all or be moved to proper section.

Sign in to follow this