Darkrenown

Slow down capping

31 comments in this topic

[GSPB]
Weekend Tester
17 posts
952 battles

I often cap without realizing it because the cap circle is just so huge. Even if you notice it most of the time you simply aren´t fast enough to exit the cap circle before caping..

[GURU]
Alpha Tester
725 posts
41,225 battles

No offense but that's [edited] I use the Minimap every game and sometimes u need time to react u can't just ignore the enemy and try to decap and capping goes way to fast and just defend the capcircle is a bad idea

And why is it a bad idea to not sail out to far and keep an eye on your base?

On standard battles it's pretty easy to spot where an attack is coming or where a breakthrough is going ot happen if you watch your minimap.

Sailing into a cap stops the counter going and you only have a problem when there are multiple enemies in your cap (which means you either have been overrun or your team has been sleeping altogether).

Same goes for domination, if you don't cap you deserve to lose and if you see the enemy recapping a position and you don't react you also deserve to lose. ( and yes it can be very frustrating to be in the team with tomato's that don't cap and don't protect caps)

Edited by Broevaharo

[AIM]
Alpha Tester
59 posts
15,197 battles

Capping is too easy. Cap circles should be made smaller - full capping should be not possible by crossing cap with full speed of slowest ship in the game. Anyway, domination battle mode always leaves me without satisfaction, independently on result - winning or losing

Edited by ddtt

[BEACH]
Beta Tester
21 posts
2,366 battles

It is quite easy to accidentally cap in this, I agree perhaps a bit longer for standard battles. It is also becoming abundantly clear that situational awareness and anticipating where the battle will be going in 5 minutes is a lot more important than WoT, so shouldn't be increased too much. You will still probably fail if you team sends all it's BB to the far west of the map...

[GURU]
Alpha Tester
725 posts
41,225 battles

It is quite easy to accidentally cap in this, I agree perhaps a bit longer for standard battles. It is also becoming abundantly clear that situational awareness and anticipating where the battle will be going in 5 minutes is a lot more important than WoT, so shouldn't be increased too much. You will still probably fail if you team sends all it's BB to the far west of the map...

Yes if your whole team is going on the grand national sightseeing tour then you've lost the battle before it even starts and there is nothing you can do but with a couple of decent players you can defend a cap for a long time.

Weekend Tester
6 posts
1,566 battles

View PostKollektiv, on 19 March 2015 - 07:06 AM, said:

No offense but that's [edited] I use the Minimap every game and sometimes u need time to react u can't just ignore the enemy and try to decap and capping goes way to fast and just defend the capcircle is a bad idea

No, that is why battleships should not all go to one side, and should not dive into narrow channels where they cannot turn. If one flank is open, turn around and go defend. It is no rocket science.

Problem is, with the current cap speed often there's simply not enough time. Even at 36 knots non-stop straight line usually all you can do is watch the countdown in frustration.