Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kikki1979

League of the Sea Season I: Watch Teams from all-around Europe battling to climb up the Leagues

2 comments in this topic

[-SBG-]
Tournament Organizer
900 posts
19,925 battles

Ahoy Captains,

The battle for the top spots in seven leagues is coming to a head, and the League of the Sea is entering its final spurt!

You want to see the best European teams testing each other?
Watch top teams such as AAO, UFR, KKTM, and TWA play in the top league.

You want to see the newcomers and rising teams?

With more than fifty teams competing we’ve got you covered there as well!

Two full days of games will be covered by eight streamers, showing off exciting teamplay from both experienced and upcoming teams.

WHEN?

Day I

Saturday

10 June 16.00 - 22.00 CEST (UTC+2)

Day II
Sunday
11 June 16.00 - 22.00 CEST (UTC+2)

Who will be playing and where i can watch it?

You can find the full schedule with all the links to the streams here.

WHERE?

Official LotS-Stream

English

German

Italian

and more or visit us here.

Edited by kikki1979
  • Cool 1

[-SBG-]
Tournament Organizer
900 posts
19,925 battles

Sadly, nobody cares about WGP2W...:hiding:

Please consider that we need for the super weekend a good planning so that the clean runs for the streamer. That is the reason why we (admins) need information from both teams . Unfortunately, we got too late the confirmation from you and your opponent to plan with you. Of course, we will stream your encounter, but you are not in the official announcement in it. But we like to announce your fight here in the forum. But i need the dates for this.
It was never the intention of us not to mention you

best regards kikki1979/simon

Edited by kikki1979

[MOWA]
[MOWA]
Beta Tester
4 posts
14,025 battles

Hi, i like the league of the sea season 1 so far.

Thank you for creating such a possibility for clans to play against other clans at nearly same skill level.

Why is there a difference in rules for the maximum number of allowed ship types between league 1-3 and league 4-7 ?

E.g. in the leagues 1-3 a maximum of 3 battleships are allowed, but in leagues 4+ you could use theoretically 8 battleships.

The difference in team sizes is clear to me and it has the goal to motivate smaller clans to participate in the league.

[AWG]
Beta Tester
645 posts
11,305 battles

Hi, i like the league of the sea season 1 so far.

Thank you for creating such a possibility for clans to play against other clans at nearly same skill level.

Why is there a difference in rules for the maximum number of allowed ship types between league 1-3 and league 4-7 ?

E.g. in the leagues 1-3 a maximum of 3 battleships are allowed, but in leagues 4+ you could use theoretically 8 battleships.

The difference in team sizes is clear to me and it has the goal to motivate smaller clans to participate in the league.

As a participant in League 4 - our clan dealt with these issues as well.  Honestly, I've gone back and forth in supporting/not supporting their decision.

In the other tournaments, there is a clear ship requirement/ship restriction system (1 x CV, 3 x BB, 2 x US DD) - but nobody knows what Wargaming will actually implement into the clan battle system.

Look at World of Tanks - you can play Strongholds, at tier 6 for example, and take 7 x Cromwells, or a mix of heavy tanks and light tanks, artillery or no artillery - there are no restrictions on the team composition.

In this tournament - they followed the restrictions for the top leagues, but relaxed it for the lower leagues - ok.  That still led to a few problems.

Some clans dropped from the tournament based on the rules, and let's be honest - some rules were enforced strictly, and some not so much.

We've also had some issues with how teams were seeded into the leagues.  In our clan - we've made a decisive decision to restructure our clan amongst our two clan tags based on how this seeding worked.  Using average win rate, may or may not be the best way to seed teams - but at least the organizers did try to come up with a set way to do so.

The organizers tried - and we have to give them credit for all the effort they put into setting up and running this tournament - but it hasn't been without problems.  I do hope the organizers listened to the feedback provided throughout the tournament and understand why some clans dropped from the tournament, and why some clan "diplomats" had issues with the tournament admins.

Sign in to follow this