Caulton

British battleships incoming

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

1,696 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

Even then no armour plate in the game would be thick enough to have any noticeable effect on penetration.

That's what I wanted to say.

19 minutes ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

Amazing example of selection bias. All I can say is: your observations are not true. Because British AP autoricochets at 75 degrees instead of 60 degrees like normal cruiser AP does, it's actually more likely you will penetrate the armour. Also, yet again, even within your amazingly limited knowledge of the game, that's just a falls equivalency. When, as I have shown (and look up armour penetration on the wiki if you want to have proof), fuze time is not a variable in armour penetration, how can a low fuze time negatively impact the penetration of your shells?

If I had limited knowledge of the game I wouldn't be able to get over 50K average damage with likes of Fiji.

1 minute ago, Chipmunk_of_Vengeance said:

If I had limited knowledge of the game I wouldn't be able to get over 50K average damage with likes of Fiji.

Also reversing increases penetration :cap_haloween:

Just now, p1j2i3l4 said:

Also reversing increases penetration :cap_haloween:

It doesn't, reversing just means you die quicker.

18 minutes ago, Chipmunk_of_Vengeance said:

Wait ... you think that's good? No, that's bang average mate. Also, if you had an idea how to play this game, you would get more than 40k average out of Kutuzov and Atago. I don't wanna burst your bubble, but you are not a good player. Not at all. For someone who was in Alpha, you are even quite bad ...

Also, as always, you will just ignore the metric ton of evidence provided against you claims by numerous people and act like it never happened, won't you?

9 minutes ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

Wait ... you think that's good? No, that's bang average mate. Also, if you had an idea how to play this game, you would get more than 40k average out of Kutuzov and Atago. I don't wanna burst your bubble, but you are not a good player. Not at all. For someone who was in Alpha, you are even quite bad ...

Also, as always, you will just ignore the metric ton of evidence provided against you claims by numerous people and act like it never happened, won't you?

Atago isn't exactly fair, 12 Battles does not give an accurate mean considering the low number, and Kutuzov I got when I was still inexperienced with the use of Light Cruisers to begin with is of course going to have below 50K damage, but that comes with experience, as for being a bad player, no, I'm average at best and still getting better at playing the game.

22 minutes ago, Chipmunk_of_Vengeance said:

Atago isn't exactly fair, 12 Battles does not give an accurate mean considering the low number, and Kutuzov I got when I was still inexperienced with the use of Light Cruisers to begin with is of course going to have below 50K damage, but that comes with experience, as for being a bad player, no, I'm average at best and still getting better at playing the game.

So, you will ignore you were completely wrong. Thanks. 

At least your assessment of your skill level is correct! You are average. At best.

1 minute ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

So, you ignore you were completely wrong. Thanks. 

At least your assessment of your skill level is correct! You are average. At best.

Not to mention my skill really has no real bearing, even being Average means I have an understanding of the game mechanics.

Yesterday watching Flamu's stream. One thing that made us clear that Conqueror = Big tanky Zao and with high fire chance % on RN BBs.

3 minutes ago, Admiral_Noif said:

Yesterday watching Flamu's stream. One thing that made us clear that Conqueror = Big tanky Zao and with high fire chance % on RN BBs.

Two things - British HE needs a Buff!   LOL:cap_rambo:

4 hours ago, Chipmunk_of_Vengeance said:

Not to mention my skill really has no real bearing, even being Average means I have an understanding of the game mechanics.

The BS you posted the last few pages of this thread sadly proves otherwise.

2 people like this

This did make me laugh
Having watched several streams now of British Battleships i think that wargaming has managed to get them pretty right. 
They are a challenge with decent but not great armour and a lower HP pool and require the ability to think two/three steps ahead to get the most of the ships. 
Average BBabies might struggle with these ships until they just move to using HE only. HE fire chance may need a drop in chance on the 419's based on this as we do not want to make it easier for BBabies. 

Also wargaming ARA General Belgrano as a T8 Premium when? :Smile_hiding::cap_haloween::cap_rambo: 

2 minutes ago, JaiFoh said:

This did make me laugh

me too

but it was already posted som pages back

36 minutes ago, JaiFoh said:

Also wargaming ARA General Belgrano as a T8 Premium when? :Smile_hiding::cap_haloween::cap_rambo: 

That would make Cleveland very very sad:Smile_sad: as she wants to be tier 8:Smile_teethhappy:

what made me laugh more was the nuggets on Chat. They soon shut up after the combined weight of what, 8 ships at one point? didn't sink her.  His team was also pretty poor, sitting back chilling in the rear isn't cool and any BB that has +80% of their HP left at the end of the battle should be automatically be sunk in shame

*After some cleaning work, I have deleted some Non-constructive and Off Topic posts. Please don´t bring discussions from other Threads into this one and always try to stay on Topic.

Thank you!

36 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

I want Flamu to do a King Zao V video. :cap_wander:

He already featured KGV on his channel, though it is not exclusively HE. It is his second last video.

Oh well, a few months ago I was getting some "noob derision" for stating that I was using about 70% HE on Hood because that racked up more damage overall vs. BBs than the poor AP. Now it seems this is the preferred super unicum methodology for the British BBs with the same ammunition...

I'm quite disappointed that WG have gone down this gimmicky route for British ships (AP for cruisers, HE for BBs). IMHO a BB should be fundamentally an AP gun ship that can deal with armoured BBs on an equal footing.

2 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

I'm quite disappointed that WG have gone down this gimmicky route for British ships (AP for cruisers, HE for BBs). IMHO a BB should be fundamentally an AP gun ship that can deal with armoured BBs on an equal footing.

No one said RB BB's will be only HE (HE spammers im sure there will be plenty of those potatoes). Its a mixed setup for players to use AP and HE.

AP is also good on RN BBs. More then good.

13 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

It does raise the question of what's left for cruisers and what is their role?

I mean BB are already starting to be better than them at dealing with DD and RN quick fuze AP and strong HE is only going to make this worse, HE spam is going to be pretty pointless if RN BB can do it better.

Honestly, I'm struggling to work out what the point of anything that isn't a BB is anymore.

2 people like this

26 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

Oh well, a few months ago I was getting some "noob derision" for stating that I was using about 70% HE on Hood because that racked up more damage overall vs. BBs than the poor AP. Now it seems this is the preferred super unicum methodology for the British BBs with the same ammunition...

They don't have the same though.

The Hood has classic HE while the regular branch has more HE alpha damage, more fire chance and more penetration.
Hell, the Orion with its 343mm guns has more of everything listed above than the Hood's 381mm, and by a significant amount as well.

29 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

You will still rightfully get that. Hood doesn't have special HE, thus it's useless.

6 minutes ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

You will still rightfully get that. Hood doesn't have special HE, thus it's useless.

Hood does have same AP, which makes it very weak at longer ranges (that, and the sigma).

28 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

Hood does have same AP, which makes it very weak at longer ranges (that, and the sigma).

Please elaborate how the characteristics of British BB AP mean it is weak at long range. Before trying, you might check back on the last three pages where the last subpar player claiming that got destroyed with facts.

After you have done that, change the way you play Hood.

1 person likes this