183 posts in this topic

HEARTS OF OAK

5958e28688ad7_HEARTLogo1.thumb.png.c7e2374316ecead1e9e20fa0749ec920.png

We still make them feel and we still make them flee,
And drub them ashore as we drub them at sea,
Then cheer up me lads with one heart let us sing,
Our soldiers and sailors, our statesmen and king.

Hearts of Oak is a clan named after the upbeat Royal Navy march, aimed at capitalising on the upcoming Scenarios Mode as well as friendly division or event play between players interested in Naval History. We aren't bothered about competitive play so much as the context and history of naval warfare. That being said, healthy competition is always welcome whether it be in one of our unique and historical Fleet Engagements* or who knows the most about HMS Victory! As such, enthusiasts of earlier periods as well as the 20th century are also very welcome. Stats and battle count aren't important here in the slightest, though a desire to improve is strongly encouraged.

PLEASE NOTE: New applicants will be put on a waiting list. This is due to us growing much faster than anticipated and restrictions on the clan system; not to worry though, there isn't a long wait on it!

What you should be able to offer us:

• A genuine and sincere interest in naval history; regardless of period. 
  • The motivation to join in with scenario battles on occasion.
  • A friendly, mature approach to both gaming and historical discussion.
  • A favourite era/period
  • A favourite ship type/class/line
  • Ability to speak and/or type English at any level***
  • Voice chat is never mandatory in this clan, though you will need to join in on our Discord from time to time to be an active member.

What HEART offers you:

• A strong emphasis on Scenario Mode play
  • Unique Fleet Engagements! Re-live history!*
  • Drop-of-the-hat training sessions
  • Healthy academic conversation or debate about naval history/history in general
  • Open, chilled and friendly Random battle divisions
  • Grinding help or assistance with the game itself
  • The possibility of inter-clan play.
  • The option to leave us at any time for any reason
  • Quite possibly the cutest Clan Name in the entire community**

Interested? Leave a comment and one of us will PM you! :honoring: 

*For more info on our Historical Fleet Engagements activity, which can also be made open to members of other clans, please view FLEET_BATTLES.doc for details! You can also view a past Fleet Engagement below!

**Those joining after 24/07/17 will be given the tag 'HAERT'. This is due to the limitations placed upon the clan system by Wargaming and you'll still be a full member of the clan regardless. Hopefully, this will only be temporary.

***Sorry, nobody under the age of 18 may apply.

1 person likes this

Hi Cowper

Is there a Clan forum (or similar) for the exchange of information/opinions yet? Teamspeak? I understand that you have a living to make, so please let us know when these features become available. I look forward to chatting when they are.

When did the bit about Scenarios creep in? At our present membership and availability times, it will be difficult to get any kind of Division together for any purpose.

Peter.

KoVexPulThul!

For anyone that doesnt get it:trollface::

e-hotoflail40.jpg

Anyway, gl recruiting! :honoring:

Hi Cowper

Is there a Clan forum (or similar) for the exchange of information/opinions yet? Teamspeak? I understand that you have a living to make, so please let us know when these features become available. I look forward to chatting when they are.

When did the bit about Scenarios creep in? At our present membership and availability times, it will be difficult to get any kind of Division together for any purpose.

Peter.

We do indeed! We're using Discord exclusively, for which I just sent you an invite over PM.

It was always my final intention to make scenarios a central part of interaction (when we can do it), given how they'll be historical in nature and that we're all history buffs :honoring:As you say, we'll need a few more members to make it viable, but I think it will be as several of the operations will accept traditional divisions, I believe, which may make stuff easier to organise.

KoVexPulThul!

For anyone that doesnt get it:trollface::

e-hotoflail40.jpg

Anyway, gl recruiting! :honoring:

Well spotted, that man! :trollface:

And thanks!I'm mostly encouraging members to recruit from in-game or from friends etc who share our interests. :look:

Posted (edited) · Report post

Love naval history and history in general.

Really just starting out in the game so I have LOTS to learn.

And as an Englishman who has come right out and said it, greatly to my credit,  (sorry Gilbert and Sullivan pun) Heart of Oak sends shivers down my spine with pride every time I here it.

So if you think I might fit in I'd love to join your ranks.

Edited by Fat_Maniac

As someone who played with and was in a clan with Cowper before (and an occasional visitor to their Discord), I can safely say that this clan will offer you a laid back and extremely welcome experience. They are about fun and historical discussion, and they certainly achieve both.

Newer players will also find he is only too happy to help with any game related questions or confusions.

It has been a pleasure, Captain and fairest of seas for you and this merry little group you're building!

o7

As someone who played with and was in a clan with Cowper before (and an occasional visitor to their Discord), I can safely say that this clan will offer you a laid back and extremely welcome experience. They are about fun and historical discussion, and they certainly achieve both.

Newer players will also find he is only too happy to help with any game related questions or confusions.

It has been a pleasure, Captain and fairest of seas for you and this merry little group you're building!

o7

Thank you for the kind words, Democracy! :)  Merry little group would indeed be an apt name for us! So long as it has [heart], though, that's all that matters :great:

Hi,

Looking to join a clan, are you still recruiting?

Thanks

ChocksterNo1

Hi Chockster! 

We are indeed, on the condition you meet the requirements of the original post. :honoring: PM sent.

Hi there,

I'm looking for a place were i can chat with fellow history buffs, while having some gun boat fun, and after reading your clan description you looked like a welcoming place for this.

If your still looking for people to join the clan i would be interested in having a quick chat when ever your free.

Regards,

shaz1300

Looking for a clan.... been playing WOWs about a year..... can drive T10 DD and cruisers up to T 8 and BB T8..... reasonably competitive but can always improve          

Is there a W/R requirement? I'm something of a scrub but willing to learn, open to instruction (really need to learn BBs properly).

As for history, military history is one of my true passions. 18th century warfare is an area of specific interest to me, the massive social and technological changes during that period fascinate me.

Looking for a clan.... been playing WOWs about a year..... can drive T10 DD and cruisers up to T 8 and BB T8..... reasonably competitive but can always improve          

Is there a W/R requirement? I'm something of a scrub but willing to learn, open to instruction (really need to learn BBs properly).

As for history, military history is one of my true passions. 18th century warfare is an area of specific interest to me, the massive social and technological changes during that period fascinate me.

I will PM you both momentarily :honoring:Thanks for the interest!

For the record, I'm also into the 18th and 19th Centuries; we also do a lot of BB training.

Hi

Id be interested in joining your clan.Looking for some fellow minded captains to sail out against the enemy with.Playing Cruisers mostly up to t8 but most classes up to t5-6 apart from the CV.I leave that to the better players.

Thanks

It sounds like you really want to add a new experience to the game. Count me in!

About me:

- Cruiser captain sail VI-X Japanese, German and Russian ships. 2,2k battles.

- Very interested in 17th century naval warfare since childhood, but since devouring the book "Neptunes Inferno" on the naval battle of Guadalcanal i have read everything I could on the WWII Pacific theater battles.

- On several nights a week.

- Stats took a hit due to bad internet connection AND bad play, but am getting better fast (really eager to learn).

Send me a PM if interested :)

Hi

Id be interested in joining your clan.Looking for some fellow minded captains to sail out against the enemy with.Playing Cruisers mostly up to t8 but most classes up to t5-6 apart from the CV.I leave that to the better players.

Thanks

Hi guys, shoot me a convo, Eu server stawekC

It sounds like you really want to add a new experience to the game. Count me in!

About me:

- Cruiser captain sail VI-X Japanese, German and Russian ships. 2,2k battles.

- Very interested in 17th century naval warfare since childhood, but since devouring the book "Neptunes Inferno" on the naval battle of Guadalcanal i have read everything I could on the WWII Pacific theater battles.

- On several nights a week.

- Stats took a hit due to bad internet connection AND bad play, but am getting better fast (really eager to learn).

Send me a PM if interested :)

Thanks guys, I'm in the process of getting your applications processed. If you haven't already recieved a private message from me yet you will do later this morning. Just using the wife,s iPad to let you know I am on the case, but I hate the damned touch screen keyboard so I,ll talk to you all from my PC later today.

Ok guys, you should all have a msg from me now, or had one yesterday. New forums are taking a little getting used too.

DO NOT JOIN THIS CLAN

This Capt Cowper Coles is an imposter, the real one died in 1870. Will the real Cowper-Coles please stand up

However, if you're OK with that, as a former clan-mate I don't think you'll go too wrong if you join his happy band and I'm sure you'll have fun with the aforementioned imposter!!

GL shipmates  :cap_rambo:

3 people like this