GTX10086

strengthen atlanta,please

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

34 posts in this topic

Atlanta need buff now. 

her 127mm gun with 11km range cant touch anything and her paper armour. :(

and .... I cant find any thing she is better than any other T7 cruisers now...

:(:(:(

She melts other cruisers and DDs within 10km. Coupled with 9.4 km concealment and radar, you can get close before you open up.

Atlanta need buff now. 

insane  OP HE spam not enugh for you????:ohmy:

IFHE and AFT is the way to go.

The ship is Special and requires some Kind of different gameplay but it's definitely strong.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited) · Report post

Atlanta need buff now. 

Better get better captain to extend shooting range to 13.3km with more fire chance skill ... find a good foolish, lonely victim and burn it down from safety or smoke :playing:

... and you are the nightmare for all dds ;)

Edited by Admiral_Noif

1 person likes this

They should add smoke generator to it :trollface:

3 people like this

Didn't it just got buff with the radar?

Well. She did, but still lacking after ships like Belfast and Fiji came along. What can the Atlanta do that the Belfast can't do so much better? 

Team up with another cruiser, set BBs on fire, run away. Never take anyone on 1v1 in an Atlanta.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well. She did, but still lacking after ships like Belfast and Fiji came along. What can the Atlanta do that the Belfast can't do so much better? 

shooting over islands.

Turrets turn faster

more damage per minute (more guns + faster reload)

the AA on the Atlanta can be insane

try to torp with the Belfast

Edited by Fourbombs

1 person likes this

Well, I haven't touched my Atlanta for a long time now. I did pretty decent overall but I can't bring myself to play it more.

Why? Well, you have the fire rate everyone talks about. Sure, is awesome, if you manage to get close to someone you melt it. But no matter how much shells you can spam what I see a lot of people do when it comes to Atlanta is realize that that's not all you'll ever need or that actually means the ship is good. Good by "properly good" so to say.

The thing is that no matter how much shell spam you can do you only have 11 km range. That's range is so short. And the wait to solve it is getting AFT. Well. Ok. Yes, you should get AFT, Atlanta is such a no fly zone that any buff to her AA range is welcome, BUT. That actually does nothing to her guns. And yeah, here comes the guy saying "oh but I hit ships at 12/max range". Well, honestly, good, for you. Give yourself a pat in the back. You should have come across some kind of player with a hard level of unawareness of what WASD keys are, good job in wrecking a bot at that range with your Atlanta. Because if you are consistently are able to hit someone at those ranges with those NASA mortars and doesn't react so you can keep shooting it it's a bad player.

But that's not all, because every other player equipped with the skills to press A or D when under fire form an Atlanta at 10+ km range knows also how to stay away from your range. Also you are outranged by anything that's worth using it's guns. While playing Atlanta I think you can brag about outranging some IJN DDs for what their care about their guns (which to be honest are arguably better that yours even with the worse reload, at least they can hit you if they happen to shoot).

And most importantly, no one comes close to an Atlanta the moment it appears in the map, ffs. You can get by surprise one or two ships in your average Atlanta battle, hopefully sink them if they don't start turning left and right to throw of your aim and then you can go spend the rest of the battle waiting for a BB to one shot you for existing and being BBs number one priority target (yes, over DDs, because at least they're going to hit you unlike hoping for it like with DDs) or hidding from everything because it outrages you and everyone hates an enemy Atlanta anyways.

My two cents about this.

1 person likes this

Just a moment...

*Looks in inventory

Yes! Buff Atlanta, it's suck a bad ship! :popcorn:

Atlanta teaches you to RN Cruiser...

It's a fun but ultimately frustrating ship. 

And yes to OP, it's been buffed already. With radar and now IFHE.

A friend won last season of Ranked in her, pretty impressive....

View PostNegativvv, on 19 May 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

A friend won last season of Ranked in her, pretty impressive....

Pics or it didn't happen :trollface:

Eh, I believe it. Ranked is where Atlanta actually performs better. Way better than in randoms.

I don't love an Atlanta because its OP or do well in ranked. You love it because it has a unique play style. It's just different.

Not all ships have to be competitive in my eyes if they bring something else to the game.

1 person likes this

I don't love an Atlanta because its OP or do well in ranked. You love it because it has a unique play style. It's just different.

Not all ships have to be competitive in my eyes if they bring something else to the game.

Well, I agree with that. I'm not asking about Atlanta being OP in my case. For example I really enjoy Mutsu even if it's not considered competitive. Like I care, of all people. But it's fun (for me at least) and I enjoy playing her. I even like Ishizuchi for the random day I decide I'll sealclub something in tier 4 and enjoy more Ishizuchi than my Imperator.

But notice all the "enjoy" part. Atlanta can be good in her own specific play style, I won't ever argue that. It can be fun. Who doesn't like to shoot nonstop? But enjoyable? Would you really describe Atlanta as enjoyable? And for me that's one of the things that, yes, I'll ask out of a premium.

Summon Migulaitor 

He is the one I speak of...

I enjoy the Atlanta, play it like a big gun DD not a CL

sure I would like a buff such as a smokescreen or more range for torps or guns.

Neccesary? No its fun enough allready. radar at t7 is just great:P

Mandatory anecdotal counterpost with pic of potato mashing game :tea_cap:

Also, craplanta is awesome but not for everyone.

R8IHlg4.jpg

Atlanta is fine, she woops arse in the right hands, the problem isn't the ship, its the person who bought it thinking she was the muts nuts encased in 12 inch fero Concrete or can handle everything thrown at her. shes a support ship, she does her work off the front line 

Summon Migulaitor 

Good night punks :)

Won ranked with Atlanta, twice, the first one before IFHE or radar and I was new to the game thats was ... lets call it interesting. Best by xp dont lose a star helped. Last season Im the only one with 6 kills using Atlanta. :medal:

And now they gave a smoke generator to my Atlanta :teethhappy: And they say its balanced :teethhappy: Because only the best players use it so the stats are biassed :teethhappy: 95% WR balanced :D

About Atlanta... well... After 877 battles I can say its a crappy ship:

No speed.

No hp.

No armor.

Bad concealment (yeah Belfast totally needed the -10%)

Torps are a pity (But not as much as being killed by them)

The lazy arcs... after so many games I have no problem hitting BBs and slow cruisers at any range (13 km) DDs past 10 km are almost imposible to hit.

But:

The IFHE is nasty, you can melt BBs up to tier 7 like you melted tier 5 before and you can pen cruisers, with DE and flags firechance is still fine.

The AP, holly molly thats hurts, BBs going broadside to you at <5km taking 8k volleys every 4 seconds are lovely, cruisers doing the same

The AA is disgusting but without defensive AA is nothing excepcional (Powercreeped by Gnenisenau)

The arcs... Atlanta main trick, hitting above islands never gets old.

My build: http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000000011000010100010100019

PT because it allows you to focus on aiming.

LS because you lose the rudder with DDs HE hits.

AR+BFT MAX the DAKA

IFHE compulsory, allows you to deal tons of damage.

DE compensate IFHE

AFT usefull against BBs (even better slow ones like Colo, Fuso, NM...)

Said so I have some Atlanta replays at https://wowreplays.com/ they probably have mistakes but the games I upload tend to be  solid.

Well, just my 877 cents. Good night :)

PS: Is the Atlanta worthy?

Do you want a easy ship to play and pew pew? No

Do you want a unique play style (and kinda like BDSM)? Go for it, you will enjoy the painfull learning.

3 people like this

I use the Atlanta as a trainer for US BB captains and do alright in her even with not ideal skills. With DE and IFHE she must be borderline OP, if and when you get a match on a map that favors her. That's the main catch: she's probably the most situational ship in the entire game, so if you're having a brilliant or abysmal match in her depends only partly on your own skills. Luckily you're very unlikely to end up on Ocean these days, now that really was BDSM on the not funny end of things with no safeword. 

I allmost feel like Yuro's how to video is needed here.

Sure the captain skills and such have changed since then, but it still showed just how good it can be.

Are you sure she didn't get an armour buff? I had terrible luck getting citadels last I met Atlanta.