You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ebu34

Personal %30 Off

99 comments in this topic

[LEWD]
Players
318 posts

Anyone else got this discount? I wanted to use it to buy Grand Hood bundle. But It's only valid for tomorrow. Thx WG for didnt let me to use it for Hood. :red_button:

Adsız.jpg

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Definately intended. Can't make too much profit milking the most expensive Hood bundle if people could save 30% off it.

The question for me is now, will I stock up on doubloons, maybe get the Ultimate Treat for doubloons and premium time, or screw it and get the Duca Admirals bundle for doubloons, the ship and lotsa signal flags as sidedish ... 30% is a serious discount and I don't have any entertainment expenses to strain my alloted budget anyway so it wouldn't hurt my wallet at all. On the other hand, I don't really want to reward WG with money for given the trend I'm seeing so far ... but the temptation is actually strong.

I suppose if MM wasn't as screwed up for tier VI as it is, I'd actually jump at the Duca, but right now I've got a hearty ~24 hours to think.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,260 posts
24,201 battles

I suppose if MM wasn't as screwed up for tier VI as it is, I'd actually jump at the Duca, but right now I've got a hearty ~24 hours to think.

Where did you get it the discount?

Regarding Duca, don t buy it, I only bought it for the increased captain XP mission which allowed me to train a 17 points captain so far, but I bought it right from the launch and I knew what I was getting into (almost only tier 7,8 games). Now with this mission ending tomorrow, I totally NOT recommend buying this ship, it performs decently in tier 7,8 games with 5 BBs/team only after you get IFHE, which is at least a 10 points captain, and you could get this faster because of this mission...

If you want to spend the 30% discount on a ship, I would recommend to spend it on a tier 8 ship, because the usual discount for them is only 15%, not on a tier 6,7 because they get the same 30% discount. So either a tier 8 ship, or stock up on dubloons.

Edited by 22cm

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,051 posts
10,763 battles

I received a 30% off coupon in April via WoT for my 6th anniversary. I bought a year's premium time even though I still had some 150

days left.  It was approx £47 which I worked out to be £0.13 a day.  I play WoT everyday and WoWS fairly regularly so this represents superb value.

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I got this and was given the excuse that it was via that silly Fire and Water elemental event...

• Cool 2

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,402 posts
8,257 battles

Pure WG :trollface:

[72]
Beta Tester
451 posts
10,122 battles

I too have been presented with one. The last time i received one i used if for doubloons, and used them on a XP conversion event for the Mighty Misery

This time though i only really want the Hood, i would have considered the Duca captains edition, but it doesn't come up to the minimum spend to redeem the voucher.

If there was a shopping basket function i may have bought a Duca and a Molotov together maybe for 30% discount. never mind, lets see how much WG want to squeeze me for for the mid level Hood bundle.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,720 posts
12,001 battles

Thought about using this to buy some doublons, or maybe even Aosta... Then noticed that it's at 30€ + purchases only. Well, good luck milking some other sucker then :D

Edited by eliastion

[LEWD]
Players
318 posts

I got this and was given the excuse that it was via that silly Fire and Water elemental event...

​Mine too.

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Only thing I might spend it on is Prem time...

I pretty much own every ship I want and simply have no need for doubloons anymore.

[HAVEN]
Players
719 posts
7,220 battles

I got it because i bandwagonned on fire team.

Do not know if i will use it though, wanted to use it for the Hood but cannot so it may got to waste since i have 200days of prem time left and enough gold anyways.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Wait, was everyone supposed to get one? I've never received one of these.

Maybe only the winning team :trollface:

[CAIN]
Players
4,490 posts
18,961 battles

Wait, was everyone supposed to get one? I've never received one of these.

Neither did i, seems WG is handing them out randomly...or prefers to hand them out to folks who spend not much on the game. ^^

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,260 posts
24,201 battles

Is it in the form of a code? Can i get it from you if you dont use it?

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

WG need to re-examine their marketing bot (well they need to re-examine a lot of things in their marketing department but hey)

They were better off sending me a WoT discount as I'm more likely to spend money there since I've only just started playing it. 

I may spend the 30% on a Cherry on Top package then wait for Hood to be discounted via doubloons one day. Either that or a 180 day Prem Time however I already have enough Prem time to last into winter...

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,452 posts
15,753 battles

Hi all,

I have chosen the 10.000 Doubloon package (and took 30% discount)... I think / hope that is the most "economic" choice... :hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

[72]
Beta Tester
451 posts
10,122 battles

I was on team Water, but that was because Fire was not accepting sign ups. I imagine the discount codes are either random, or targeted at players like me who spend, but not regularly.

[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,024 posts

I was also targeted for some reason even though I was water and don't spend regularly. I did get a mediocre amount of coins, though, maybe there's some kind of requirement regarding those?

[LEWD]
Players
318 posts

Neither did i, seems WG is handing them out randomly...or prefers to hand them out to folks who spend not much on the game. ^^

​Are you sure about that?:trollface:

shot-17.05.17_16.10.03-0985.jpg