Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Verdius

Japan Discovers Youtube (Warning: anime)

8 comments in this topic

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,987 posts
4,242 battles

So this is a thing that suddenly popped up that was bound to happen at some point. 4 months old channel with near 500.000 subscribers with ~100 videos as of typing this.

The content is quite the regular youtube channel with gaming, Vlogs etc.

Her existence or popularity doesn't really surprise me and seems to be taking the online world to its logical conclusion. Everyone online enjoys a great deal of anonimity. They act different than they would IRL to some extent and often hide themselves behind profile pics etc. People like to present a certain vision of themselves that needn't be representative of the person. Most youtubers adopt some form of persona with a 'artificial'-personality with it. This is basically just that: a internet persona but turned up to eleven and given a mo-capped body. You could probably write a thesis on this.

fe7.png

But yes this is basically memes and is going to take over the internet whether you like it or not. I for one welcome our new waifu overlord.

I wonder if we can get her to play WoWs:hmm:

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,352 posts
9,596 battles

weebs intensifies

anyways there's a compilation best of kaizuna ai with 2 or maybe 3 parts already(didnt check for a while).

Also this

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

It'øs youtube, people are willing to look at cats all day or teenagers reacting to all sorts of stuff. I am not surprised this would prove popular to some people.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles

I kind of love the concept of the Vocaloids you know ?

You create a super-popular artist that isn't a f***** diva throwing tantrum at the smallest thing, it doesn't cost you more than developing it, and people PAY for using her.

It's like the ultimate win-win situation. Developers get tons of money for their effort, and people can freely uses their creativity, most popular songs being seen millions of times and showcased in live concert. That's very, very smart.

So... why not an AI on youtube ? It's still entertainment anyway, and I think that's less stupid than some of the "react" youtuber that are on certain case unsufferable overgrown teenagers looking at everything in mockery despite never having accomplished anything themselves. (Being kinda salty there, but some friends showed me these kind of... well... "youtubers" and I just can't. If they make money that way, that's good for them, but don't bother me with that crap)

• Cool 1

Players
239 posts
23,050 battles

you know what is the thing that make me angry? She get more money than me. and she dosn't exist

Since it fits so wonderfully with the Topic:

Project 2501 ^.^

"It can also be argued that DNA is nothing more than a program designed to preserve itself.

The advent of computers, and the subsequent accumulation of incalculable data has given rise to a new system of memory and thought parallel to your own."

Love the 1995 GitS :)

Edited by StoneRhino

[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles

Er, I was watching vocaloid videos in 2008. This is nothing new whatsoever, though I think a bunch of that content came from Nico Nico Douga.

Sign in to follow this