Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hawg

Your opinion on this video

7 comments in this topic

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
481 posts

So I just got torped by an Island... is this a game screw-up or was the enemy CV using some sort of hack?   Your thoughts please, here is the video:

1,580 posts
14,636 battles

He just torped from right next to the island. I don't quite see the issue.

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Your thoughts please

You screwed it up, Khaba can outrun planes torps, no need to waste a smoke and stay inside waiting to get murdered.

GG to enemy CV dropping so close without hitting the island and basic mistake from your part.

Also such a tiny minimap feels weird to me.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Nothing unusual.

CV still had enough space to drop his torpedoes in the water between the island and you to arm his torpedoes.

What you could've tried is getting closer to the island, which would force him to drop from the other side (or have his torpedoes either harmlessly drop on the island or dud on your hull before arming), at which point your smoke would've concealed you, though he could've still blind dropped in the smoke from the other side. There's typically little you can do if a Taihou/Hakuryuu finds you isolated and wants your balls so you had no real good options there, but what actually happened is perfectly fair game in regards to game mechanics.

Khabarovks can outrun airdropped torps though, so your best chance would've been to try and dodge broadside drops and outrun those trying to box you into a straight path. If the CV is good that won't work all the time, but it's saver than trying to hide in smoke, Khaba isn't exactly a small target.

Edited by Aotearas

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
481 posts

He just torped from right next to the island. I don't quite see the issue.

Ok well this is why I asked, I didn't think it was possible to drop them this close to the island... its certainly beyond my manual drop skill level.

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
481 posts

You screwed it up, Khaba can outrun planes torps, no need to waste a smoke and stay inside waiting to get murdered.

GG to enemy CV dropping so close without hitting the island and basic mistake from your part.

Also such a tiny minimap feels weird to me.

The minimap is normal size, its just everything else looks bigger... I'm playing in 4k.   And if I need more detail I just use the plus key.

I usually am not off by myself with the khaba, so don't become the target of air dropped torps (this time I had just broken from the group to cap).   But its turning is crapfor a DD, I think given this CV's drop skills I probably wouldn't have been able to out run them, but who knows.

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
481 posts

Nothing unusual.

CV still had enough space to drop his torpedoes in the water between the island and you to arm his torpedoes.

What you could've tried is getting closer to the island, which would force him to drop from the other side (or have his torpedoes either harmlessly drop on the island or dud on your hull before arming), at which point your smoke would've concealed you, though he could've still blind dropped in the smoke from the other side. There's typically little you can do if a Taihou/Hakuryuu finds you isolated and wants your balls so you had no real good options there, but what actually happened is perfectly fair game in regards to game mechanics.

Khabarovks can outrun airdropped torps though, so your best chance would've been to try and dodge broadside drops and outrun those trying to box you into a straight path. If the CV is good that won't work all the time, but it's saver than trying to hide in smoke, Khaba isn't exactly a small target.

Ok thanks, this is why I asked :)

Sign in to follow this