You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Invictus_Antagonistes

Gaming marathon 03/06

10 comments in this topic

Players
68 posts
4,322 battles

Hi all,

So I'll try to keep this as brief as possible so not to bore you, but on the 03/06 and lasting till the 04/06 I will be running a 24hr gaming marathon in support of MacMillan cancer, they've run this event in previous years and this year it's called game heroes 2017 (https://gameheroes.macmillan.org.uk/about/). The idea is simple in the fact I sit and game on any console or game I like for 24hrs (screen and pc breaks aside) and raise money for charity.

Now I do plan on streaming this event on a Twitch channel of mine when I am on WoWs, however given that it's the weekend I except I'll do horribly bad (I'm no Notser or iChase) plus I seem to be curse on weekends. I'd welcome any of you stopping by and saying hi or coming along to shoot me in game, in terms of ships I'm either going to grind out the rest of the French (on le glass cannon currently) or try for my fabled currywurst.

So that's that, my Twitch if you are interested is bearded_gamer87 (so inventive) and It wont be live all day but whenever I'm on WoWs it will be. I'm currently working on a timetable for the day so people will have a better idea of when I'm on.

Thanks for reading all!

• Cool 11

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

And I think a BSG fan as well! All the good luck and strength on your marathon!

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

Lol. Starbuck and Apollo were some of my absolute childhood idols! And I devoured the BSG remake! Next to Seven of Nine, IMO nr 6 is the most sexy sci fy actresses ever! Cain was one of my favorite characters in the series! It's such a shame they messed it up with the "Caprica" fiasco... IIRC I even met you in battle a few times...

Players
2,595 posts
12,952 battles

Lol. Starbuck and Apollo were some of my absolute childhood idols! And I devoured the BSG remake! Next to Seven of Nine, IMO nr 6 is the most sexy sci fy actresses ever! Cain was one of my favorite characters in the series! It's such a shame they messed it up with the "Caprica" fiasco... IIRC I even met you in battle a few times...

Don't forget when the admiral was still an ensign (Ro). She was cute. Of course she fell for the bearded "space explorer".

What do you mean by the caprica fiasco?

edit: and good luck of course to OP. So say we all.

Edited by PzychoPanzer

Players
68 posts
4,322 battles

You may have done, I normally try and get on early afternoon after work or on weekends when I'm not doing anything, I can be frequently found yolo'ing in my Bismarck and Tirpitz (explains why I do so early on..). PzychoPanzer she was indeed cute as Ensign Ro, just caught up to those episodes on Netflix and thanks for the support!

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

How can I find it on Twitch? You have a direct link?

Edit: got it. It's offline!

Edited by Ferry_25

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,809 posts
18,877 battles

Hi all,

So I'll try to keep this as brief as possible so not to bore you, but on the 03/06 and lasting till the 04/06 I will be running a 24hr gaming marathon in support of MacMillan cancer, they've run this event in previous years and this year it's called game heroes 2017 (https://gameheroes.macmillan.org.uk/about/). The idea is simple in the fact I sit and game on any console or game I like for 24hrs (screen and pc breaks aside) and raise money for charity.

Now I do plan on streaming this event on a Twitch channel of mine when I am on WoWs, however given that it's the weekend I except I'll do horribly bad (I'm no Notser or iChase) plus I seem to be curse on weekends. I'd welcome any of you stopping by and saying hi or coming along to shoot me in game, in terms of ships I'm either going to grind out the rest of the French (on le glass cannon currently) or try for my fabled currywurst.

So that's that, my Twitch if you are interested is bearded_gamer87 (so inventive) and It wont be live all day but whenever I'm on WoWs it will be. I'm currently working on a timetable for the day so people will have a better idea of when I'm on.

Thanks for reading all!

Having been looked after for the last 3 years by MacMillan myself, I can say thank you Cain for your effort..... Funny thing is I didn't even know about the event until I read your post... maybe this is something that WG could get behind and get a shed load of forumites to run a marathon session on a particular day... with their backing the chances of raising more money would be awesome... come on Tuccy... open your wallet !