You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

56 comments in this topic

Players
1,373 posts

As in sink WG's blatant money grabbing scheme. Do not buy, make your discontent known in the only way that will actually be noticed. Advise others against buying, explain why boycotting this spiel is for the long term good of the game we used to enjoy. Resist!

Thank you for your attention. 

• Cool 6

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I don't even think I'll bother with the campaign if it's really grindly with rubbish rewards.

Thing is, everything being sold is 50% too expensive. I'd imagine sales would shoot up if things were more reasonable.

• Cool 6

Beta Tester, Players
495 posts
5,291 battles

I am gonna buy it some time in the next couple weeks once i have money. No one can stop me.

• Cool 2

Players
503 posts
1,954 battles

Thing is, everything being sold is 50% too expensive. I'd imagine sales would shoot up if things were more reasonable.

Agreed, there's a couple of premiums I've been raring to buy but I can't really justify the cost. When you could buy a (couple of) proper game(s) for the price of one ship you start to wonder if it's really worth it.

• Cool 3

[ST-EU]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
1,920 posts
3,888 battles

I would like to note that money-grabbing Hood came with making her a premium in the first place, instead of a regular tier 7 BC as the lead of her class, as I would have desired. Given I am stubborn git, that reason alone means I won't purchase her. I personally don't give a toss otherwise, staggered release or not, though it is strange that WG should introduce it now, in such a way. Making the most of a bad decision, only by making another poor decision in doing so. 

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Remember the rumours Hood would be free?

WG have reacted to that angrily by attempting to pump their players for money.

Beta Tester, Players
495 posts
5,291 battles

Nothing more then rumours from unverified sources. I never once thought Hood would be free. Most sane people would have never thought that.,

[ST-EU]
1,920 posts
3,888 battles

That was wishful thinking from the start. The whole point of Hood being a premium was to make money off her fame, and basically nothing else.

Beta Tester, Players
495 posts
5,291 battles

The whole point of Hood being a premium was to make money off her fame, and basically nothing else.

Same with most of the premiums in the game.

Beta Tester
516 posts
4,160 battles

To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised they gave us the Graf Spee in very doable missions. The Santa's Convoys sh*tstorm overshadowed that a bit, but we still got a very famous ship that isn't terrible ingame for free. I didn't get my hopes up that WG would do something of the kind again without some major occasion like Christmas or WG's anniversary to back it up, but I'm not surprised some people did.

[ST-EU]
1,920 posts
3,888 battles

Same with most of the premiums in the game.

Yes, but with the case of Hood, her fame dragged her out of the tech tree effectively. There was no other reason behind it, she wasn't suited to it, as she is not an oddball like Atlanta, or a duplicate class like Kamikaze. Other famous or museum ships stay in the tech tree, but WG decided that Hood was not one to miss getting money off of. 

Warspite as example keeps QE for the BB line free. Hood doesn't, without bending the trends WG have set in place. 

I know I am pedantic about this stuff, but I do feel it is a detriment to the RN BC line, and then again most things that don't match up to what I expect, especially RN, get the ire of my words. *Drinks tea disdainfully*

Beta Tester, Players
495 posts
5,291 battles

Hood, her fame dragged her out of the tech tree effectively. There was no other reason behind it, she wasn't suited to it, as she is not an oddball like Atlanta, or a duplicate class like Kamikaze. Other famous or museum ships stay in the tech tree, but WG decided that Hood was not one to miss getting money off of. 

We will have to see what the RN battleship line looks like when it comes out. As hood was not the lead ship in her class and there is precedent for a Battle cruiser being in the tree (Amagi), they could still put the Admiral Class Battle Cruiser in the tech Tree.

otherwise, she will be the same as USS Arizona in regards to placement.

(just read that Hood was the only Admiral Class built, but it still stands they could put one of the other 3 that were laid down in the Tree)

Edited by Captain_Placeholder

Players
2,385 posts
15,508 battles

I don't even think I'll bother with the campaign if it's really grindly with rubbish rewards.

Come on. New flags are great as well as new camo and most of the tasks you just finish by playing game as usual. Give devil its due.

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Come on. New flags are great as well as new camo and most of the tasks you just finish by playing game as usual. Give devil its due.

True, the buff flags do look quite good but you're not going to be winning many. So an afternoon of potatoes can rob you of them if the PT rewards are anything to go by.

There's not as much rage this time round. Seems like people are resigned to WG's poor PR/marketing or have simply stopped caring.

Players
503 posts
1,954 battles

Another thing with the Hood campaign is the timing, it's in the middle of "exam season" for most universities. Everyone I know who plays the game have just decided to ignore the whole thing.

Players
1,373 posts

Each and every premium ship I own, I bought at considerable discount. At least 30% or I won't even consider and that's still over-paying. By a lot, actually. I am absolutely convinced that WG's pricing is actually calculated around these discounted prices, the "regular" prices only exist to make them feel like the bargain they frankly are not. Ffs, they just take us for fools, which annoys me even more than the inflated prices. It's certainly not how you build a loyal customer base, people are putting up with WG only because of a lack of alternatives in these particular niche. Tanks quite the same actually, only difference there is that WG's sole real competitor is even more stomach-turning. I wouldn't touch neither, thank supernatural entity whose existence I doubt, I'm not afflicted with that fascination. Tanks don't float my boat. Sadly ships do and there's no real alternative. I'd be off to greener pastures in a heartbeat otherwise. 
  • Cool 2

Beta Tester, Players
495 posts
5,291 battles

their pricing is based off Tiers and was the vast majority of what people will pay, as for alot of people its not overpaying.

6,156 posts
10,639 battles

Not gonna buy any of the Hood packages (never intended to do so, since I got my trusty Warspite), but the whole pricing scheme is wayyyy off!

Will do the campaign though since the missions itself are doable.

Greetings

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Taking away Hood's historical significance.

In game it's just a fast BB with Manual AA, nothing really special about it. Plenty of fast BB starting with the Kongo with representatives every tier from there on.

I'd even think a Gnesi is a more effective BB...

[THESO]
Players
4,080 posts

I have said many times.

WG has almost infinite pool of premium ships they can do.

If they would sell them at a reasonable price I would buy whole bunch of them.

But bundles from 50-150 EUR (I think I have even seen a 400 EUR one once)? NO, THANK YOU WG!

If you would sell the ships + port for around 20 EUR ... then we can talk.

As for the HOOD ... well, they expect a lot of Brits to buy it no matter the price. As for me? ... I dont give a "damn rats bottom" about "the Hood" homey

Edited by nambr9
  • Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
394 posts
18,108 battles

If the bundle costs around £90 then surely anyone contemplating buying it should consider the other tier 9 BB available (WG matchmaker =  ship tier + 2 for 60% of games) and buy gold and convert to free XP to get the USS Missouri?

My tier 9 ships are gonna love meeting the Hood.

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

If the bundle costs around £90 then surely anyone contemplating buying it should consider the other tier 9 BB available (WG matchmaker =  ship tier + 2 for 60% of games) and buy gold and convert to free XP to get the USS Missouri?

My tier 9 ships are gonna love meeting the Hood.

Whichever way you look at it, there's nothing about the top Hood bundle that can't be gained elsewhere for less money other than.

A) Easier campaign grind.

B) The Hood commemorative flag.

All the other bits just cost credits or a bit of farming. In fact you could probably buy a lot of Prem time and Free XP lots of things although I'm only really after Prem time these days.

That's a pretty big price to pay but if you've got the disposable income and really want you then do it....

[QTAZ]
Players
480 posts

Whichever way you look at it, there's nothing about the top Hood bundle that can't be gained elsewhere for less money other than.

A) Easier campaign grind.

B) The Hood commemorative flag.

All the other bits just cost credits or a bit of farming. In fact you could probably buy a lot of Prem time and Free XP lots of things although I'm only really after Prem time these days.

That's a pretty big price to pay but if you've got the disposable income and really want you then do it....

The more obvious the cash-grab is, the less I want to reach for my wallet. Seems like EU does not like Europe too much, anyway the Hood isn't worth it in my eyes. I don't play BBs often anyway so I'd rather wait for the Kidd.

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

The more obvious the cash-grab is, the less I want to reach for my wallet. Seems like EU does not like Europe too much, anyway the Hood isn't worth it in my eyes. I don't play BBs often anyway so I'd rather wait for the Kidd.

The only thing amongst the new ships I find interesting is the Enterprise but I'm not 100% sure I can do T8 CVs justice although I do have a Shokaku.

Kidd looks like a bad Fletcher. Russian DDs are the Destroyer Gun Police who keep all other DDs down. Most other DDs need their torps...

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
481 posts

Sorry guys, Im going to be the outlier here:   I dont get the bitching in this thread.   Ive played a lot of "free to play" games and I cant think of another one that was less PTW than WOWS.   You cant buy any ship currently in the game with irl money that will allow you to seal club or ignore bad playing (trust me, ive tried).   None of the premium ships are vastly OP (except maybe Koneg Albert imho).   Yes some are strong, but none are grossly OP to the point where they can carry a bad player or allow a good player to perform dramatically better than they would in a comparable non-Premium ship.   

So whats the problem with Hood?  I dont get the anger?  If we were playing a game model like WoW where you pay for the game and the expansions and a monthly fee, then yeah ok I might see the anger when new content is not free.  But here where you can play the game for free, I don't see what WG could be doing differently and still be profitable.   Without profit this game goes belly-up.

• Cool 1