Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Krikkio82

Pimp Ma Blys WG

46 comments in this topic

[IRN]
Players
513 posts
10,217 battles

So it's a while since SF was removed and Blyskawica was the Premium who received the biggest indirect nerf IMO.

Since this change WoWs became a Free To Play game to me, just be cause, fair or not, I feel teased from this change. I really don't like SF but this mechanic was the one to make Blyska really a good and adaptable ship. But let me explain why I think Blyska is so much worst now:

Adaptable is what Blyska lost from this nerf, before you could play close - middle and long range, now is only a close combat ship, she is really good at that but only at that. Using AFR make you spotted from entire map as soon you use your gun, so is better give up on this perk. So no more long range HE spamming. Now you have to play face to face VS another DD or in smoke VS CAs and BBs. I can do this with a USN ship. I would never buy a premium to have same gameplay in worst concealment worst smoke ship....

When this change arrived I was pretty sure to be able to have fun and succes with Blyska anyway, just spec her for close combat and it will be fine. Sadly it's really not that way. 

Is a buff to this ship necessary from a balance prospective? Mmhhhh maybe not so much
Is a buff to this ship FAIR ? Fu*k YES it is !!!

This is my point of view. Just saying that a buff, also a little buff would be fair and damn about time !!!

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Blys is 100% fine with the SF nerf.

L2P etc

Use WASD

Use PT

Don't break concealment for the sake of 1k damage

• Cool 4

[THROW]
[THROW]
Sailing Hamster, Players, Privateer
3,826 posts
19,054 battles

Is a buff to this ship necessary from a balance prospective? Mmhhhh maybe not so much

Contradiction right there.

If it's not needed, then a buff would make her stronger compared to her counterparts. Is that fair for those ships? No. Would they have to be buffed in turn? Maybe.

Buffing Blys would create more issues than it would solve, worse still, a buff would probably not even be justifiable from a gameplay / meta point of view.

[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles

Blys is 100% fine with the SF nerf.

L2P etc

Use WASD

Use PT

Don't break concealment for the sake of 1k damage

his pretty much covers everything i wanted to say. :sceptic: Thx for ruining my trolling Negativvv
  • Cool 6

[THROW]
[THROW]
Sailing Hamster, Players, Privateer
3,826 posts
19,054 battles

his pretty much covers everything i wanted to say. :sceptic: Thx for ruining my trolling Negativvv

You need to play more dude, I'm saving up all my compliments for when I meet you in battle :(

Players
3,037 posts
31,525 battles

You still have the same ship you bought they haven't changed anything at the ship itself.

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Sorry bro, the next whine thread is yours :honoring:

[IRN]
Players
513 posts
10,217 battles

You still have the same ship you bought they haven't changed anything at the ship itself.

Quite sure it's same thing WG would say, knowing it's true but also BS

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

If you fire intelligently at the old stealth fire ranges you'll find yourself being almost impossible to hit. You might even draw fire and help your team as the enemy will desperately be trying to shoot you.

Might want to save your speed boost for combat too.

You'll still outspot anything except for some DD. Engage your brain before clicking fire as you don't want to give the game away and get focused down.

Of course my friendly advice is for a long range gunboat build which I can imagine is how you want to play. Get PT, LS, BFT (SE or DE also valid), AFT then back down for skills like AR, whichever of the trio of level 3 skills you didn't take.

I'd argue you don't need SI as you rely on speed and rudder to survive as you will be shooting a lot.

Go and play instead of lamenting on easymode SF being gone.

[IRN]
Players
513 posts
10,217 battles

If you fire intelligently at the old stealth fire ranges you'll find yourself being almost impossible to hit. You might even draw fire and help your team as the enemy will desperately be trying to shoot you.

Might want to save your speed boost for combat too.

You'll still outspot anything except for some DD. Engage your brain before clicking fire as you don't want to give the game away and get focused down.

Of course my friendly advice is for a long range gunboat build which I can imagine is how you want to play. Get PT, LS, BFT (SE or DE also valid), AFT then back down for skills like AR, whichever of the trio of level 3 skills you didn't take.

I'd argue you don't need SI as you rely on speed and rudder to survive as you will be shooting a lot.

Go and play instead of lamenting on easymode SF being gone.

I'm a pretty experienced WoWs player and you looks also this way. This is exactly how I set up my ship and how I play but there is one think that I strong disagree with you: "allmost impossible to hit". 

You really not difficult to hit, you big, fast but not so fast and not so manouvable. and you receive massive AP full penetration really often.

Błyskawica  7 Poland 262 63.36% 2 274 44 249 1.29 0.16

Checking my stats I have pretty good stats on blyska but I don't really like her anymore with this one way to use ship. I repeat: I would never buy a ship with like a Blyska like she is now. This is why i think is not fair what WG is doing to all Blyska owners.

[IRN]
Players
513 posts
10,217 battles

Shiratsuyu Japan 461 337 55.14 % 0.90 36 030 1 300 0.17 1.64
Leberecht Maass Germany 268 645 52.92 % 0.77 29 293 1 253 0.18 1.23
Leningrad U.S.S.R. 347 764 51.74 % 0.69 27 812 1 224 0.14 1.14
Kiev (< 06.03.2017) U.S.S.R. 1 139 047 51.52 % 0.71 28 226 1 236 0.21 1.04
Błyskawica Poland 1 227 144 51.23 % 0.67 26 270 1 178 0.11 1.05
Mahan U.S.A. 2 655 557 50.17 % 0.63 22 796 1 208 0.16 0.91
Minsk U.S.S.R. 35 722 50.00 % 0.59 24 016 1 027 0.17 0.72
Hatsuharu (< 01.12.2016) Japan 3 111 501 49.63 % 0.59 22 642 1 176 0.30 0.95
Akatsuki Japan 963 916 49.46 % 0.65 26 293 1 011 0.20 0.94
Sims U.S.A. 644 348 47.92 % 0.55 19 726 1 251 0.37 0.83

[IRN]
Players
513 posts
10,217 battles

Doesn't look OP to me man !!

And quite sure stats are going down since SF patch....

....more troubles by buffing her..... really don't agree. It would be fair IMO.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
773 posts
8,195 battles

Removing stealth fire was completely unnecessary in the first place. There, I said it.

When I hear "play RU DD like light cruisers with no citadel" I think... Why not just play a light cruiser?

Then I remember. It's cause cruisers are just fodder for the bb to farm.

The distinction between ship classes has been blurred too much and much of the skill element of out thinking your opponent has been sacrificed the name of "action".

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I'm a pretty experienced WoWs player and you looks also this way. This is exactly how I set up my ship and how I play but there is one think that I strong disagree with you: "allmost impossible to hit". 

You really not difficult to hit, you big, fast but not so fast and not so manouvable. and you receive massive AP full penetration really often.

Błyskawica  7 Poland 262 63.36% 2 274 44 249 1.29 0.16

Checking my stats I have pretty good stats on blyska but I don't really like her anymore with this one way to use ship. I repeat: I would never buy a ship with like a Blyska like she is now. This is why i think is not fair what WG is doing to all Blyska owners.

If you're being focused by half a team you're going to take damage eventually yes but that's when you stop firing and run. You should be fighting with your team anyway who will help you. 

Blys is not slow, it's top 3 of fastest T7 ships. Clears 40 knots easily...

Yes it's a big ship for a DD but that's what the rudder module is for.

The only thing I dislike about Blys is the low rate of fire but that's why I spend points buffing it.

If you've played a lot of RU gunboat you'll find Blys completely fine in it's current form.

Some even use it as a torp boat...

[IRN]
Players
513 posts
10,217 battles

You mentioned torpedo: since is a rusky ish ship but lacks in ship speed, shells speed ans AP penetration to russians I would say a fair buff would be better torps to at least make it the "into the middle" ship, this could be fun.

Who uses a Blyska as a torpedo boat or play on another server or has a pretty low success, cause blyska torps are good only for the range

Beta Tester
3,168 posts
3,608 battles

The Blyskawica is still an excellent ship, even after the change to the spotting mechanics. The ability to stealth fire was just one of her aces-in-the-hole, and not even the strongest, at that. She needs no buff, balance-wise.

As for your view, Krikkio82, that a buff to the Blyskawica would be "fair", considering that you bought her with the ability to stealth fire, I can understand why you would feel that. But it is explicitly stated in the terms of agreement (or whatever they are called, exactly), that Wargaming reserves the right to change the game content however they wish, whenever they want. It could be said that, basically, you are not really buying a premium ship, as such - you are renting it for an unspecified time. If you considered these terms to be unfair, at the time of purchase, you had the option not to buy her. It is really that simple.

Edited by Procrastes

[IRN]
Players
513 posts
10,217 battles

Thanks for the answert Procrastes. I really don't like this terms/condition stuff. I know techically I still have same ship and WG can change core game mechanics as often they want and I will never have a right and so on.....

Is it not stupid from WG part do this ?? With me since that patch they lost a premium player to a total free player, I don't use doblons to retrain captain, did not bought Duca D'aosta (I'm Italian and I was super Hiped 4 Italian ship) Kutuzov since I have to play T8 often now.

Do you think i'm the only one?

Balance wise there would be no issues, Blyska has not great stats. And sorry if I repeat this again: it would be fair and IMO nice from WG part say: "OK blyska don't strightly NEED a buff but we nerfed (pls don't say it was not technically a nerf) a premium and we don't do it NEVER. We had to do it to get rid of a mechanic we did'nt like  but may you deserve a little compensation.

So easy. Or you think not Blyska owner will get mad? I would think is fair even if not Bliska owner.

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

You mentioned torpedo: since is a rusky ish ship but lacks in ship speed, shells speed ans AP penetration to russians I would say a fair buff would be better torps to at least make it the "into the middle" ship, this could be fun.

Who uses a Blyska as a torpedo boat or play on another server or has a pretty low success, cause blyska torps are good only for the range

Some torp boat in Blys but I wouldn't no.

Shell speed on Blys is fine, I spam HE exclusively as I feel my main task is to start fire on things.

[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles

You need to play more dude, I'm saving up all my compliments for when I meet you in battle :(

I am west coast US mate, you will only see me in battle late-night.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,720 posts
12,001 battles

Błyskawica wasn't really overpowered with SF, she could do this at stock configuration with stock captain but that was very unreliable, the real fun was on with CE but it was still very situational because her DPM at these ranges wasn't all that awesome - she could do that, it did give her some extra versatility (and a good player can do wonders when given versatility) but it wasn't particularly OP.

After SF removal Błyskawica didn't really suffer all that much - for exactly the same reasons as above. I mean, sure, a nerf is a nerf, but frankly? I think that, say, Yugumo suffered more from this - her stealthfire potential synergized well with the longer torps and allowed for some exrtra gun damage without sacrificing much torping potential. But, unlike Błyskawica, Yugumo can't close in to reliably fight similar tier DDs with her guns, basically relegating her back to pure torpboat playstyle... and she just doesn't have enough torps or good enough reload for that to be enjoyable. I mean, you can give up smoke for the meh reload booster but that's a heavy price for a version of consummable that's much less game-changing than the version available to Shiratsuyu and Akizuki (and it basically means that you need to use it on cooldown because it lacks the "I don't think I need it now but if I do, I can hit the button when I need my torps" - so it's not really a fun/tactical consummable, just a crutch to make up for awful torp reload speed).

Edited by eliastion

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Blys is excellent as a long range gunboat with a torp bote DD Div friend.

They do the stealth torping and you do the long range HE spam. It's pretty effective and can hard carry vs the average team.

Players
1,373 posts

So it's a while since SF was removed and Blyskawica was the Premium who received the biggest indirect nerf IMO.

Since this change WoWs became a Free To Play game to me, just be cause, fair or not, I feel teased from this change. I really don't like SF but this mechanic was the one to make Blyska really a good and adaptable ship. But let me explain why I think Blyska is so much worst now:

Adaptable is what Blyska lost from this nerf, before you could play close - middle and long range, now is only a close combat ship, she is really good at that but only at that. Using AFR make you spotted from entire map as soon you use your gun, so is better give up on this perk. So no more long range HE spamming. Now you have to play face to face VS another DD or in smoke VS CAs and BBs. I can do this with a USN ship. I would never buy a premium to have same gameplay in worst concealment worst smoke ship....

When this change arrived I was pretty sure to be able to have fun and succes with Blyska anyway, just spec her for close combat and it will be fine. Sadly it's really not that way. 

This is my point of view. Just saying that a buff, also a little buff would be fair and damn about time !!!

There's a lesson here: Don't buy a ship just because she's particularly good at exploiting a certain game mechanic. WG don't nerf premium's raw stats, but they do tinker with mechanics frequently. 

Sign in to follow this