You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kashuken

WG Remove the staggered HMS HOOD Bundles

66 comments in this topic

[HAVEN]
Players
719 posts
7,211 battles

You removed them for the Graf Spee mission should you keep up a standard and do it again.

If all Bundles came out on the 19th you would make more of a killing than you would by using the staggered method.

• Cool 12

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

You removed them for the Graf Spee mission should you keep up a standard and do it again.

If all Bundles came out on the 19th you would make more of a killing than you would by using the staggered method.

They'll make a killing anyway...

There are enough unenlightened, stupid and desperate people out there.

Or just people who actually need the junk inside those super £100 bundles. 

• Cool 3

[H_FAN]
Players
2,589 posts
41,704 battles

They'll make a killing anyway...

There are enough unenlightened, stupid and desperate people out there.

Or just people who actually need the junk inside those super £100 bundles. 

We might need the doubloons and if you get the useless upgrades etc for free you buy them, at least I need doubloons now.

[DREAD]
Players
9,705 posts
6,864 battles

This approach is disgusting. Not gonna support it. Anyone still remembers the Orince Eugene debacle on NA...? :-)

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
438 posts
3,005 battles

This approach is disgusting. Not gonna support it. Anyone still remembers the Orince Eugene debacle on NA...? :-)

Might have to fill me on what happened here.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,482 battles

Me too.

NA - so it was free over there and they let EU players pay for every single one handed out over there? :trollface:
Edited by havaduck

[DREAD]
Players
9,705 posts
6,864 battles

They sold her in three bundles - most expensive first and bare some time later. Was a pretty bad outcry :-)

Some ppl tried to defend the money grab like "well it is business and if you don't want to you can wait". But at the end WG apologized and said it was an experiment that turned out to be a bad idea.

That is why I was slightly surprised to see the almost exact same thing here now...

EDIT: couldn't find the NA thread where WH said it was a failed experiment but MrFingers picked it up on EU as well: 

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/61414-wgeu-if-you-dont-want-a-tremendous-community-backlash-i-vow-to-you-do-not-follow-the-new-na-way-of-selling-premium-ships-in-a-staggered-manner/

• Cool 2

[DUDES]
Beta Tester
256 posts
17,143 battles

And there was stupid me, thinking WG EU FINALLY got the memo to stop screwing over their community and stop "spoiling" us EU-cashcows... Instead we get this sh*t again. 

How could I be so naive?.

Edit: at least all servers seem to get the same BS staggered release crap. 

Edited by Doerte
  • Cool 2

Beta Tester
438 posts
3,005 battles

They sold her in three bundles - most expensive first and bare some time later. Was a pretty bad outcry :-)

Some ppl tried to defend the money grab like "well it is business and if you don't want to you can wait". But at the end WG apologized and said it was an experiment that turned out to be a bad idea.

That is why I was slightly surprised to see the almost exact same thing here now...

Ah ok. Thanks very much. 

While i'm not too bothered by the staggered pricing, because I was going to purchase the ultimate shekel package anyway due to needing some gold and flags anyway, it's quite unfair to everyone else who don't/can't spend that much on items like this.

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

Well I was willing to splurge 50-60 pounds on Thirsday. Not 100! Well I'll just wait and buy tge basic boat, to be honest I'll wait till later in the year till it's on offer now. I dont need it that badly. The money saved for Thursday can go on something else

Players
341 posts
6,911 battles

I sometimes buy the doubloon+premium packs, usually if there is another premium ship I want that I can buy with the doubloons. I got my Tirpitz and Mutsu this way. I will probably not buy this on principle though, I stopped buying COD games after Activision tried to push the prices up when MW2 came out.

Beta Tester
236 posts
3,049 battles

Roll up, Roll up! grabs your seats for the latest WG public relations clusterf*ck! let's see them try to worm their way out of this one again (*grabs popcorn*) :popcorn:

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Interesting to see that each bundle also comes with a progressively more experienced captain depending on which bundle you take.

I see WG is preparing to milk the everloving cr*p out of the Hood, the baiting game with experienced captains and those new signal flags is stronk!

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

This is going to backfire. Totaly removes any incentive to do campsign for me, its just a massive money grab

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
816 posts
9,270 battles

BTW anyone noticed the Alabama is already gone from the shop?

They already moved it into the EU tech tree (not on NA or RU, though), so it doesn't need to be in the shop - unless you want to gift it to someone!

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

It's fair if someone actually needs some of the stuff in the bundles but to deliberately stagger by starting with the most expensive bundle is a cynical, greedy money grab. Nothing less.

What stops all bundles being released together other than greed?

Yes, you don't "need" the Hood to grind the campaign but there doesn't even seem to be amazing rewards. Bismarck has been power crept out by the reborn Tirptiz now anyway.

It's poor WG, very poor. It's why I play your products now and think how can I spend the least as you constantly exploit your customers.

• Cool 2

Players
120 posts
4,523 battles

I think all bundles should have been available from the start and maybe make the hood missions on the dates instead like it was with the graf spree.

Modder, Supertester
1,285 posts
11,330 battles

I thought they would learn form their mistakes. No one likes staged releases but they are still going with them...

Wow... you guys are literally asking for a shitstorm. It's not even funny anymore how obvious it is...

So if somone is a completionist and wanna get all achievments form the bismarck campaign it needs to buy a bundle with stuff he doesn#t need. Wow... Thats like going to a local store where you wanna buy a TV but you only get it if you also buy a CD Player that you doN#t need and a 200x9v battery package that you will never ever need at home....

Of course you have to pay more for it afterall...