Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migantium_Mashum

Division team numbers in game.

23 comments in this topic

Players
2,248 posts
13,246 battles

When you join a division to play a round you are limited to three players per division. This is okay if the members are strangers but what if clan members wish to team up.

Will the creators of this game consider larger division numbers for clan members, each side has a maximum of twelve players so why not allow up to twelve division member slots for clans?

Perhaps this could even be a prelude to specific clan v clan battles which would add another twist to the game.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

you want to have a battle with 12 coordinated clan players vs 12 random players who can barely read the ingame chat?

IMO divisions with up to 3 players are fine.

• Cool 1

Players
2,248 posts
13,246 battles

Don't you think that it would bring on the game? Wouldn't you have to up your game to compete?

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles

Don't you think that it would bring on the game? Wouldn't you have to up your game to compete?

Much in the same way people would have to 'up (their) game to compete' if the MM doubled the size of the enemy team. Are 12 vs 24 games something you'd support?

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

I am not quite sure what you mean. I certainly am competitive enough. :hiding:

Would it add something to the game? Yes, certainly. More rage quitting people because random people have to play against an actually coordinated team. But I am not sure if this is something WG should/would support.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,586 posts
41,631 battles

No 3 from same clan/playergroup is enough. They are already if they good a vast impact on the game. Shall solo players be just fodder and just quitting the game at the start.

You must find other modes i.e. clanbattles when you and your say 6 friends can play not with solo players withiut any voicecom and coordination. Your suggestion would just lead to more steamrolling in random battles.

Players
458 posts
3,881 battles

No it will just kill the game until all thats left is premade teams, the casuals will only tolerate been farmed for so long before they go f-it and go play something else.
  • Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
4,074 posts

If you talk about RANDOM ... well then, imagine how would people who play solo feel when there would be 12 clan members opposing them.

RANDOM should stay RANDOM with max 3 players per division.

About why WG doesnt open "TEAM BATTLES" for clan members ... well ... i really dont know. If you want to play CLAN vs. CLAN there is no better way then the TRAINING ROOM (atm).

Edited by nambr9

Beta Tester
598 posts

I doesn't matter.

Most other online games give the option of more than three friends to join up and have fun, it's about time WG allows the same.

Or simply make a feature where a division of 4 or more is evenly divided between the two teams.....

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

I doesn't matter.

Most other online games give the option of more than three friends to join up and have fun, it's about time WG allows the same.

Or simply make a feature where a division of 4 or more is evenly divided between the two teams.....

Which other online games, that are similar to WoWS, do it?

I guess you can create bigger parties (or whatever it is called) in MMOGs like WoW, Eve, etc. if you want to start raids etc. But none of them do the battles as WoWS does.

Games you could compare it to... Well, the limit for WT is 3 or 4 as far as I know. WoT is 3, WoWP should be 3 as well. Not sure about AW but again, it should be in the same range.

This is not just a matter of "But other MMOs do it like this" but a matter of whether it adds something positive (or at least not too negative) to this specific game and the way it works.

Beta Tester
358 posts
16,892 battles

Just do some count-ins with your clan-mates via TS or other chat server.  You generally end up on opposite sides (MM seems to balance out the divisions against each other, because most people take similar ships), which is even more fun because you can tease each other verbally :).  

Az

Beta Tester
598 posts

Which other online games, that are similar to WoWS, do it?

I guess you can create bigger parties (or whatever it is called) in MMOGs like WoW, Eve, etc. if you want to start raids etc. But none of them do the battles as WoWS does.

Games you could compare it to... Well, the limit for WT is 3 or 4 as far as I know. WoT is 3, WoWP should be 3 as well. Not sure about AW but again, it should be in the same range.

This is not just a matter of "But other MMOs do it like this" but a matter of whether it adds something positive (or at least not too negative) to this specific game and the way it works.

Doesn't matter.

You're trying to keep ideas at an arms length looking at, and enlarging, possible downsides, instead of trying to look for solutions.

Nothing wrong in that, it's human nature to be "afraid" of change.

Now look at what I wrote again, the last sentence, that's an idea...

Allow divisions with more than 3 players, and put a pop-up that appears once 4 players join a division saying:

"You have more than 3 players in the division, your division will be split evenly between teams when you join random matches to allow for the best experience for all players"

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Fundamental communication barriers make that sentiment irrelevant. In the EU cluster you can't even be sure all players on the same team speak a common language or are fluent enough to coordinate. Against any sizeable clan presence which will be almost assuredly on voice-comms and knowing each other making supporting even easier, that is a hurdle that's borderline unsurmountable.

Besides, WG has promised clan activities to make their entrance soon™, possibly this year, which would allow clans to compete against another. A 12vs12 or some such teambattle is not unlikely to make it into the game for clan play.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Doesn't matter.

You're trying to keep ideas at an arms length looking at, and enlarging, possible downsides, instead of trying to look for solutions.

Nothing wrong in that, it's human nature to be "afraid" of change.

Now look at what I wrote again, the last sentence, that's an idea...

Allow divisions with more than 3 players, and put a pop-up that appears once 4 players join a division saying:

"You have more than 3 players in the division, your division will be split evenly between teams when you join random matches to allow for the best experience for all players"

Why would I want to form a division of more than three players just so the MM splits the division members (if I get your suggestion right) evenly between the two teams? And what advantage does it give compared to the current system where you just could form two (or more) divisions and start into the the battle/queue at the same time. Well, sure, it is guaranteed that you and your mates land in the same battle. But that's it, isn't it?

On the other hand you get additional programming effort, additional effort for the MM to create a match and other more negative effects that could become more frequent like coordinated reports, especially if you plan to make the "grand divisions" bigger than 6 players. Not to mention the insatisfaction of solo players because "division/clan players help their friends in the enemy team", be it true or not.

You can call me "afraid" of changes all you will. Maybe I am although I have to habit to take changes made by WG and get used to them. However, IMO you have yet to provide any advantage which is significant enough to consider such a change and which is not provided by the existing means.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
598 posts

Why would I want to form a division of more than three players just so the MM splits the division members (if I get your suggestion right) evenly between the two teams? And what advantage does it give compared to the current system where you just could form two (or more) divisions and start into the the battle/queue at the same time. Well, sure, it is guaranteed that you and your mates land in the same battle. But that's it, isn't it?

On the other hand you get additional programming effort, additional effort for the MM to create a match and other more negative effects that could become more frequent like coordinated reports, especially if you plan to make the "grand divisions" bigger than 6 players. Not to mention the insatisfaction of solo players because "division/clan players help their friends in the enemy team", be it true or not.

You can call me "afraid" of changes all you will. Maybe I am although I have to habit to take changes made by WG and get used to them. However, IMO you have yet to provide any advantage which is significant enough to consider such a change and which is not provided by the existing means.

Sorry for naming you as being afraid of changes, I just see a tonnes of suggestions being killed by claims they won't work, eventhough they haven't been tried or people seeing ghosts everywhere. Noone would've reached the southpole had they not at least tried.... (granted there were a "few" miscalculations on the way)

And yes, the idea was to get friends into the same battle, not nessesarily on the same side, considering the time may not be for it yet. I would die (well, no I wouldn't) for the game to guarantee my friends and I into the same battles, even on opposite teams, even mixing up who gets on what team.

Coordinated reports? That's another issue, which should be adressed. It shouldn't be a reason not to put friends into the same battles where several divisions with the same tag ends up on the same side of a battle. Helping the other team, just because your friends are there? You crazy??? :D NEVER!! :izmena: (it's one of those assumptions, that kills suggestions)

Solo players complaining? That would be like less intelligent players complain about more intelligent players team up and beat them. Which brings me to: Give us XWM in-game, so I can see who to support and follow :popcorn:

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles

Sorry for naming you as being afraid of changes, I just see a tonnes of suggestions being killed by claims they won't work, eventhough they haven't been tried or people seeing ghosts everywhere. Noone would've reached the southpole had they not at least tried.... (granted there were a "few" miscalculations on the way)

And yes, the idea was to get friends into the same battle, not nessesarily on the same side, considering the time may not be for it yet. I would die (well, no I wouldn't) for the game to guarantee my friends and I into the same battles, even on opposite teams, even mixing up who gets on what team.

Coordinated reports? That's another issue, which should be adressed. It shouldn't be a reason not to put friends into the same battles where several divisions with the same tag ends up on the same side of a battle. Helping the other team, just because your friends are there? You crazy??? :D NEVER!! :izmena: (it's one of those assumptions, that kills suggestions)

Solo players complaining? That would be like less intelligent players complain about more intelligent players team up and beat them. Which brings me to: Give us XWM in-game, so I can see who to support and follow :popcorn:

Consider the implications of your suggestion. Friends in a division on both sides in a game, of course they'll collude with each other, report their team mates positions to each other etc to maximize their own gains from the match and leave each other until last more often than not.

To brush it off as unlikely to happen is naive, people will abuse it.

Edited by rvfharrier
  • Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,189 posts
9,232 battles

Sometimes on wows forums it's really difficult to figure out if OPs are trolls or just really stupid.

Edited by domen3
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
598 posts

Consider the implications of your suggestion. Friends in a division on both sides in a game, of course they'll collude with each other, report their team mates positions to each other etc to maximize their own gains from the match and leave each other until last more often than not.

To brush it off as unlikely to happen is naive, people will abuse it.

If it's gonna happen, then it's already happening :trollface:(Just throw people back into the harbour when they get sunk)

• Cool 1

Players
1,059 posts
7,793 battles

Full team divisions for..

-PvE? Sure

-Against other full team squads? Sure

-Against random players? Hell no!

Players
2,248 posts
13,246 battles

I was not talking about friends/clan members on both sides, even I see that as unfair and against the spirit of fair play.

Simply this; if you have, for example, 8 clan members why not allow 8 as a division on the same team.

I do like a suggestion on the previous page "You die you immediately return to port" this then stops any cheating, and yes I consider anything against the game spirit as cheating.

Players
2,385 posts
15,458 battles

you want to have a battle with 12 coordinated clan players vs 12 random players who can barely read the ingame chat?

Only way to play on weekends...
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this