You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bouncer8409

Rage quit anyone

100 comments in this topic

[RNSF]
Players
340 posts
19,104 battles

I just quit playing game in absolute disgust at the total complete idiocy of every team i played on. Unreal noobish teams. My winrate usually hovers around 51% ish. I am happy with that. Today it is at 33%. I have been doing pretty good scorewise but every team seems to lose royally.

Anyone else suffering ?

• Cool 2

Players
1,909 posts

I just quit playing game in absolute disgust at the total complete idiocy of every team i played on. Unreal noobish teams. My winrate usually hovers around 51% ish. I am happy with that. Today it is at 33%. I have been doing pretty good scorewise but every team seems to lose royally.

Anyone else suffering ?

Everyone is suffering. It's weekend man. Take a break and come back later.  
  • Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Weekend syndrome.

More players active on weekends, ergo more players who're not as good/downright bad, ergo higher skill deviations which can lead to lopsided match-ups when the MM put more potatoes on one team than the other.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,952 battles

I've lost every game today and won 2/13 yesterday. 

Today's 0% wr was in a division too... I'm a 56% player normally.:angry:

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles

People focus way too much on the short term.

You have little control over how many games you'll win in any one session, luck plays a very large part in both the teams you get and also potential game-changing moments within games. Everyone has sessions where you can't win a game, don't sweat it. Just keep doing the right things in the long term and you'll profit from them, with inevitable hick ups along the way. 33% win rate for a day is no big deal, come back and try again tomorrow.

Edited by rvfharrier
  • Cool 1

Players
1,253 posts
9,433 battles

I dunno, for sure "the weekend effect" is real in that you get those casual players who only play on weekends.

But as far as being the cause of losing streaks, I'm doubtful. Even on weekends 50% of players win and 50% lose. It's not like we can all be losing, all the time. And those bad players are equally likely to be MM'd in your team and the opponent's team.

If anything, it should be easier to carry if there are more casuals in the teams, provided you play well yourself.

• Cool 1

Players
1,373 posts

Know where you're coming from, but what I'm suffering from is severe ship withdrawal. My piece of crap connection (Vodafone, never seen this much concentrated incompetence spread so utterly evenly throughout an entire company - has been going on for two month, by now as a result of countless attempted repairs my connection is only stable for minutes at a time) simply cannot be trusted to last even a single match. I'd quite happily play with whatever collection of bloody landlubbers you can assemble at this point. Well, perspectives. 

• Cool 1

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
28,976 battles

I would never rage quit, many a game has turned around last minute, and mainly because you made that happen.

But, I watched this Video and it reminds me of Weekend Warriors.

Players
171 posts
4,885 battles

I noticed the effect for some time now and it is one of the reasons for me to bail out on WoWs.

The problem is all over the place too, slow starts, poor positioning an inability to read a map or to push and disregard of the little green letters. Worse, I think a lot of players have no idea of how to attack at all unless a red carpet leads them on.

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
409 posts
12,327 battles

I gave up on win rates and started enjoying the game again and my win rate improved. Maybe I found win rate self defeating?

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,351 posts
20,745 battles

get even better maybe... i managed to carry the sack of potatoes this weekend.

• Bad 1

Players
482 posts
10,421 battles

I like the weekends with it's 24+ K players, without them it would close down. And even if it was for only "good" players it would not change the win rate, in fact your personal records would get worse?

• Cool 2

Players
1,285 posts
7,095 battles

I ragequit quite often, too often maybe. A losing streak can cause this, but also a lack of performance from my side. There's no fun in winning while doing basically nothing.

After a break it sometimes gets better.

• Cool 1

[SLO-M]
Players
225 posts

When I see I am surrounded by complete idiots and half a team gets killed in first 5 minutes with no casualties on enemy side, i just set course to most distant edge and quit the game. Why wasting time with utter morons?

Players
720 posts
8,665 battles

I lost 2 battles in a row yesterday due to teams of complete imbeciles.

Before this could turn into a 10 loss streak, I logged out and took the wife shopping.

I'm not suggesting everyone should willingly inflict such horror as this on themselves of course.

But I did have a nice winning streak upon my return. It seems karma may well be a thing.

• Cool 2

Players
1,285 posts
7,095 battles

If you care about stats, take the weekend off

I can't unfortunately.

I never quit when I'm still alive by the way. Even if the chance for a win is abysmal it's worth a try. Just quit when there's still a chance is selfish imho. And I've seen victories against all odds.

Supertest Coordinator
6,337 posts
4,375 battles

There is no weekend syndrome...

There is actually, but it has just as much chance of increasing your win rate as decreasing it. And there are strategies you can implement to take advantage of an environment relatively full of "weekend warriors". 

For a start the overall skill level decreases at weekends. As a decent player you can take advantage of this on the enemy team - but also have to suffer it on your own. On Saturday I had an awful day. 30% WR and dire teams. Sunday was much much better. 

However I learned something. Games at weekends can often be decided early on. Playing a ship that has low impact on the early game can be disastrous for you personally - either your team suicides before you can have an impact or the enemy team fails to turn up and you end up not doing much in a disappointing win. This was Saturday. I also found my own performance dropped because players were doing "odd things". I missed shots on a grounded tirpitz because he didn't bother to try to reverse off the island and I totally didn't expect a nurnberg to sit in the cap stationary broadside to me...

Sunday - apart from playing more in a division - I chose more ships with high impact on the early game. This was much better. 

Conclusion: at weekends take advantage of lower skill levels by taking high impact ships that have large alpha. Avoid slow damage ships that get better as the game goes on. Adapt your play style accordingly and don't rely on logical play from your team or the opposition. 

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles

Unplayable again. Had enough for today. 10 games played, 10 lost, 10 times top XP, by far. It is mindblowing to watch people make the most idiotic moves and screwing up entire games because of that.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles

There is no weekend syndrome...

Also, yes, there is. Im actually making an Excel table about that. On Weekends i have on average 15% less Win Rate, even thou all my other stats like kills and av. dmg stay the same or are even higher than usual. This can only be explained by a big influx of less skilled players meaning team performance as a hole is a lot worse on weekends than during the week.

[UNICS]
Players
1,351 posts
20,745 battles

Last two days - SOLO stats [ 29 battles 69.3% winrate] , i see no problem . it is on you side :P

Edited by Ysterpyp

[RPS]
Players
74 posts
3,125 battles

There is some week-end effect, seen some weird thing this week-end most memorable moment was when we were ahead on point and shisp, had 2 caps point, I was defending B against 2 BB, 1 dd and 2 cruiser, sunk both the dd and 1 cruiser damaged the other one (2 cit), died. Saw my whole team camp A like champs, 1 Iowa and 2 depritz. The Iowa was tanking bow on on the lower right corner of A doing no damage, one tirpitz was next to me on B when they started pushing but decided that it was best to chase the DD that was hunting our CV. We lost with the top tier BB in our team being second to last on XP. So yeah one potato right there.

I also saw 3 tier X BB clustering in a narrow gap to go to a cap, thankfully not on my team, our shima had a field day against them. I never saw that before and still wonder why a Yamato and 2 GK wanted to got there.