Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
row72

mahan spotting akatsuki ?

10 comments in this topic

Players
190 posts
5,114 battles

I am sailing a akatsuki destroyer with concealment expert. I had aa off and was just sitting still in the water when an enemy mahan detected me at this time the mahan dd was still undetected. As far as i believe a Mahan dd has a detectabel range of 7.7 km without concealment expert my Akatsuki only 6.4 with concealment expert i looked around if there were any radar ship nearby but none and i had all visible target over 9 km and there were no planes nearby. What could have happened i got detected from a larger distance then my 6.4 km.

Players
190 posts
5,114 battles

I dont have a replay on this i never have looked in it how this works. But sure a replay would help so i can see if there was any radar ship near what i didnt see when i was playing because that is the only solution i can think off.

Players
4,495 posts
7,604 battles

2 possibles that I can think of:

1. There was an unseen stealthier DD that spotted you;
  2. Your captain is still in re-training so you're not getting the benefit of CE.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,264 posts
24,223 battles

Not possible unless you were shooting.

[KOKOS]
[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,387 posts
9,857 battles

Almost 100% sure that you were spotted by another DD/ship.

The Mahan did not spot you but he took his chance when you got spotted by another enemy (radar?)

It is not possible for a Mahan to outspot you if you were not shooting, even if he had a full concealment setup.

:honoring:

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,206 battles

and was just sitting still in the water

First mistake.

when an enemy mahan detected me at this time the mahan dd was still undetected.

Are you sure it was the Mahan? No other DDs in that game? No Kageros, Shiratsuyus, or Hatsuharus, or Kamikazes/Fujins/Mutsukis? A Benson would also spot you before you can see him.

i looked around if there were any radar ship

But were you detected visually, by plane or by radar/sonar? Still don't know the different icons?

i had all visible target over 9 km

Are you sure you had them all in sight?

Edited by JapLance

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles

My Money is on the classic trollish unspotted spotter plane. :trollface:

(srsly these things are WAY TOO stealthy even though they are flying in the air even in the best weather conditions)

And it is a bit of a disadvantage if you don't know the different detected icons and you still have to figure out manually what in the world spotted you.

Better study up on those.....

And for the Replays try the Arslans Mod Installer. (easiest way IMHO) http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/12780-mod0641-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-03-08-05-2017/

Even if you don't like the idea of other mods you can simply just click the one option that only enables replays.

And if you DO find some mods you like then its a win win. ;)

Keep in mind though that not every Mod is fine and dandy (arslans are quite save tho) just use your head and don't touch anything that sounds like too unfair advantages. Cheers!

Sign in to follow this