Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leusov

[Idea] Win/Loss streak rewards

22 comments in this topic

Players
12 posts
4,204 battles

Sometimes we winning 2, 3, 4 or more battles in a row on same or different ships. Sometimes we have bad days, hell no MM, detonations on first salvo and defeats with 200k damage and Kraken,

I have an idea how to reward players, who win or loss 3+ matches in a row:

1. For 3rd, 4th and other wins in a row on same ship -    +20% credits for each win above third inclusive. It`s not a disballance reward, but good opportinity for earnd more credits
  2. For 3rd, 4th and other wins in a row on different ships -   +10% credits for each win above the third inclusive
  3. An exception for 1 and 2 - If you have win streak on 1.Atago, 2.Lexington, 3.Bismark, 4.Bismark, 5.Bismark you earn +30% credits for 5th win (10%+20%)
  4. For 3rd, 4th and other losses in a row -   -10% to the cost of the ship's post-battle repair.

This feature is an interesting things for weekly missions/events (win streak exactly, no loss streak), future campain missions and will help to latten out disappointment of multiple defeats.

What do you think?

Players
503 posts
1,954 battles

I'd be ok with a consolation prize for consecutive losses if it carried the stipulation that you actually was useful. Unfortunately, usefulness is hard to measure as border-hugging [edited] can still get ok damage and xp averages.

I do think there should be something to weigh up for early-game detonations.
Losing a game doesn't matter much but a whole set of signal flag and premium camo? To a random punch to your ding-dong that you can only really hope doesn't happen.

Anyway, I'd doubt it would be introduced because WGs whole business model depends on making the grind just uncomfortable enough to entice people into buying premium/premium ships. That's the major reason why they're so stingy with giving out decent rewards and you have 3-4 things you can run out of.

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. RogDodgeUK

Players
341 posts
6,911 battles

I played Armoured Warfare for a while and one of the things I liked was you get an award and XP bonus for being MVP on the losing team. Makes those games you should have won more palatable.

• Cool 1

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I'd rather WG re worked the MM.

Although the WOT revision may not work here.

WoT now uses a 3 top tier, 5 mid tier and 7 bottom tier mirrored MM. It'll condense into 2 or even 1 tier if there are a lot of players.

That model would fail here I feel however.

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

I lost you in the calculations OP. My handicap. Anyway I've come to peace there are simply sessions in which I'm not allowed to win. Period. Call it RNG, MM of my own blundering I don't care. Had 1 of these today. No Ferry, whatever you'll do, you'll lose. GG, Cu next time. Now not to whine: in fact nearly all matches were very nice: good action and decent results. Just bad luck with the oh so thrilling and like we all know MAJOR naval aspect of warships: capping..... As you can clearly see on every source of info; all major sea battles in RL were decided by capping an imaginary circle..... For real: I am so hoping this Mario Bros BS abomination will be eliminated from Wow's asap. If you want to play for points: go play tetris please. By all means.

Players
774 posts
10,712 battles

A resounding NO to loss streak rewards. Otherwise we'll get people actively sabotaging games to get the rewards.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,505 posts
15,942 battles

I lost you in the calculations OP. My handicap. Anyway I've come to peace there are simply sessions in which I'm not allowed to win. Period. Call it RNG, MM of my own blundering I don't care. Had 1 of these today. No Ferry, whatever you'll do, you'll lose. GG, Cu next time. Now not to whine: in fact nearly all matches were very nice: good action and decent results. Just bad luck with the oh so thrilling and like we all know MAJOR naval aspect of warships: capping..... As you can clearly see on every source of info; all major sea battles in RL were decided by capping an imaginary circle..... For real: I am so hoping this Mario Bros BS abomination will be eliminated from Wow's asap. If you want to play for points: go play tetris please. By all means.

Any suggestions what kind of objective could replace it? Caps are in the centre of the maps for a reason.

Players
12 posts
4,204 battles

A resounding NO to loss streak rewards. Otherwise we'll get people actively sabotaging games to get the rewards.

Do you want to lose specifically to get a -10% post-battle cost bonus? I don`t fhink so. Wins get you better reward anyway.

[UNICS]
Players
4,505 posts
15,942 battles

I don't see much point in the idea. 3 game win or lose streaks are too common. I think most people wouldn't take notice of a system that rewarded it in this way. I don't get the third point.. the exception.

If anything, it could be interesting to see a more achievements for strange occurrences. ...otoh people might play even worse to get those.

Players
2,385 posts
15,458 battles

How about 'best on the team' achievement? It would work for me.

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

My Flint with 95%+ WR loves your idea :trollface: A 40 games win-streak would give me +800% creds, sounds nice to me.

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester
453 posts

How about 'best on the team' achievement? It would work for me.

How many people did you see camping at max range in battleship at high tier, rolling out after the battle was already lost... and getting decent xp by sinking 2-3 half dead ships? it would add only saltiness in my opinion. Given how the game works, you can be one of the principal motives for a defeat but still land in the top 4 in terms of experience earned.

Also, I'm not sure how I would feel by knowing that there's people in my team enjoying a discount on repairs just because they managed to lose X games in a row. The same goes for win streaks. I would get salty if I lost the last game before a win streak for example.

If we really want to reward players, rewards for teamplay would be much better. It should be possible given how stats are tracked now. Spot (and survive) enemy ships allowing your tem to deal -let's say- 20k+ damage three games in a row? here's your bonus. Bounce/tank 40k+ damage and deal 40k+ damage for three games in a row? please, enjoy a small bonus. Stuff like that would be much better in my opinion.

Edited by Live85

Players
2,385 posts
15,458 battles

How many people did you see camping at max range in battleship at high tier, rolling out after the battle was already lost... and getting decent xp by sinking 2-3 half dead ships?

It is hard to stay at back and end up on top unless either your entire team sucks completely or you do ton of damage.

You could say the same about all those 'kill stealed' Krakens, or all those accidental Solo Warriors won with the above strategy. There are going to be drawbacks to everything.

I agree with the spot damage though. It is not rewarded accordingly.

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester
453 posts

It is hard to stay at back and end up on top unless either your entire team sucks completely or you do ton of damage.

You could say the same about all those 'kill stealed' Krakens, or all those accidental Solo Warriors won with the above strategy. There are going to be drawbacks to everything.

I agree with the spot damage though. It is not rewarded accordingly.

It's not that hard. When the enemy team has got 6-7 ships alive against 1-2, they will abandon all caution and just push towards the remaining ships. People at that point don't really care about dying but only want to get more damage in... and that's where the campers get their damage. Even 60-80k damage can propel you easily in the top 4 of the team when your team melted in the first 5 minutes because it didn't have the high tier battleships supporting. I've seen this thing happen over and over again.

Kraken is a bit random since you can get or lose it with "kill steals". Solo Warrior requires a situation most players won't find themselves in since it requires a series of coincidences.

Edited by Live85

Quality Poster
1,695 posts
9,500 battles

Sounds nice, maybe add it to the suggestions topic?

I can think of a name for one of the rewards for a losing streak: race to the bottom!

Beta Tester
268 posts
20,094 battles

I cant for the sake of me even understand why would someone wants to be rewarded for losing :facepalm:

Playerbase idea of a competition... next ranked season you win a star by winning a game... and win a star by losing a game... lets make everyone happy and spread the "I play for fun" mentality

And a new WG feature... WoWs lotery where if you dont get the right numbers you still get the prize anyway (just like in real life :D )

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

I wouldn't want to have a win-streak reward though. The community is toxic enough as it is. No need to have people flaming the entire team because "they are" breaking his/her winning streak.

Compensation for losing streak in reduction to repair cost does sound nice.

On top of that, change to detonation. Flags need to be given in every game mode (including co-op). And every time you detonate (not just once a day).

• Cool 1

Quality Poster
1,695 posts
9,500 battles

Hmm some good points.

Some people might do their worst, just to try getting that reward for a losing streak, others might get toxic if a winning streak is broken.

But a reward for the best player of the losing team could  be rolled into this one, then it might not be bad.

The "You tried so hard and got so far"-reward, like, here is a band-aid, sort of thing?

If you're first of your team twice in a row, but still lose?

Cos that kinda crap sucks.

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

But a reward for the best player of the losing team could  be rolled into this one, then it might not be bad.

New achievement: "Broken back"

Condition: Best player by xp while in the losing team.

Reward: 10 Dragon flags.

Description: "We feel sorry"

• Cool 1

Players
774 posts
10,712 battles

Do you want to lose specifically to get a -10% post-battle cost bonus? I don`t fhink so. Wins get you better reward anyway.

True that. The term 'reward' put me on the wrong track and I didn't read through properly.

Players
2,385 posts
15,458 battles

On top of that, change to detonation. Flags need to be given in every game mode (including co-op). And every time you detonate (not just once a day).

You detonate more then once per day? :medal:

Well, there was this officer in WWII - Ian Forbes, who survived sinking of 4 vessels, I think we could have achievement bearing his name, given for the sheer will to continue daily struggle on high seas after being detonated four times...

Sign in to follow this