Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HipHopHippopotamus

At first i read uss enterprise and i think about the cvn-65 but then...

28 comments in this topic

Players
179 posts
4,484 battles

As the title says.At first i read about the upcoming premium us carrier Uss enterprise and i thought about the famous one,the largest warship ever built the glorious CVN-65 but then i look at the stats for a second time and i see"242m length"and i am like wtf,i thought it was 341m long,so i check again and i see that it is the cv-6 and i am devastated.For a solid 10 mins i was soooo happy about the enterprise,but then....WG please make the CVN-65 a premium ship in game.U already have late 50s ship designs implemented in the game.......

Edited by HipHopHippopotamus

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,210 posts
9,265 battles
RddAJiGxTPQFa.gif

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Fail OP. There's more than one Enterprise.

Should be obvious the implemented one is the WW2 one.

• Cool 3

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles

The CV-6 Enterprise is much more famous and a must have in a WW2 game about warships...

Not having it ingame was as absurd as if they forgot the Yamato.

Also P-51 Mustang isn't a plane landing on CV. Like it's name shows it, since P-XX fighters are land based.

Edited by ShinGetsu
  • Cool 3

Players
179 posts
4,484 battles

The CV-6 Enterprise is much more famous and a must have in a WW2 game about warships...

Not having it ingame was as absurd as if they forgot the Yamato.

Also P-51 Mustang isn't a plane landing on CV. Like it's name shows it, since P-XX fighters are land based.

oh my bad.What planes do you suggest for a future cvn-65 implementation in the game?

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,869 posts
9,434 battles

mustangs for instance are not supersonic.They can use late war or early 50s aircraft.

Mustangs? Okay, first off the USN never flew Mustangs. Second, what's the point of introducing a nuclear powered CV when you're just going to fill it with old propeller planes it never carried?

Third, the first combat aircraft launched from the CVN-65 was the F8U. That's the absolute oldest aircraft you can historically put on her without making stuff up.

You're clearly not an enthusiast, so why do you want the ship to be added?

[UTW]
8,979 posts
7,359 battles

P-51 isn't even a late-war aircraft actually. Mid-war at most for the first versions.^^

Last late-war props aircraft landing on CV would be the F4U Corsair, and they didn't even use it much on CV as it was a pain to land on them with it. They mostly were used by the Marines who landed them on airfields.

F8F Bearcat comes next as the last propeller that was used on carrier, and it only was used during the Indochine War, flying under French colors. It didn't even make until Korea, as jets replaced almost all props during the 50's. (Carriers used F2H Banshee, F9F Panther, and for heavy fighters and bomber, AD-2 Skyraider which is a prop)

(And don't forget the infamous Po-2. never underestimate the Po-2, AKA the only (russian) biplane that scored a kill against a jet !)

The point is : you can't use 50's CV ingame. They uses post-WW2 jets. Midway and Hakuryuu are already using prototypes planes and late/post-war planes actually... Midway having F8F and prototypes bombers, and Hakuryuu some sort of J7W1 as fighters (a prototype) and Wakusei as DB which are basically a project of a project of a project from after Midway.

Edited by ShinGetsu

Players
179 posts
4,484 battles

Because its the only carrier i have seen up close when it come at greece...

Mustangs? Okay, first off the USN never flew Mustangs. Second, what's the point of introducing a nuclear powered CV when you're just going to fill it with old propeller planes it never carried?

Third, the first combat aircraft launched from the CVN-65 was the F8U. That's the absolute oldest aircraft you can historically put on her without making stuff up.

You're clearly not an enthusiast, so why do you want the ship to be added?

[UTW]
8,979 posts
7,359 battles

Well, CV-6 Enterprise is much more important anyway.

She saw most if not all important battle in the Pacific War, got so badly damaged that the Japanese Navy thought they sunk her three times, which earned her "The Grey Ghost" as a surname, and made it (almost) safely til the end of the war.

And she got scraped in 1958 as they couldn't modernize her with a nuclear engine propulsion.

Well, at least, she didn't suffer the same fate as USS Saratoga, Nagato, Prinz Eugen and so many other glorious ship at the Bikini Atoll, poor victims of American A-bomb tests. :(

Edited by ShinGetsu

[UTW]
8,979 posts
7,359 battles

Oh, sorry, that was a typo.

Players
1,253 posts
9,430 battles

Enterprise CV-6 is arguably more famous. Just look up her WW2 service on Wikipedia!

Also probably the single most obvious premium that NEEDED to be added. Since the lead ship of the class Yorktown would be a tech tree ship, Enterprise was always destined to be a premium.

I'm also a fan of the CV-65, but she's simply the wrong era for the game.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,671 battles

This is just silly. This is like asking for the Kaga class helicopter destroyer to be added to the game just because the Kaga had name recognition.

Edited by dasCKD
  • Cool 1

Quality Poster
1,695 posts
9,500 battles

Maybe in the far future when they add more modern ships.

But I doubt we will ever get that far.

Missiles would be very hard to implement, due to their range.

They've already had to decrease the range of guns, as otherwise you'd be oneshotted the moment the game started.

I think we'll have a starship Enterprise in game before we have a nuclear powered carrier, maybe as part of an April Fools mission or something.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,081 posts
11,131 battles

(And don't forget the infamous Po-2. never underestimate the Po-2, AKA the only (russian) biplane that scored a kill against a jet !)

To be fair, it didn't kill it as much as made itself such an easy target that the poor fool in his F-84 Thunderjet stalled and crashed trying to match its speed to shoot it down :medal:

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

Fail OP. There's more than one Enterprise.

Should be obvious the implemented one is the WW2 one.

No! They should implement this one:

8dc4a5f3d2c1165f3e329663f119d799.jpg

• Cool 2

[UTW]
8,979 posts
7,359 battles

To be fair, it didn't kill it as much as made itself such an easy target that the poor fool in his F-84 Thunderjet stalled and crashed trying to match its speed to shoot it down :medal:

It's not the poor Po-2 fault if its max speed is lower than the F-84 stall speed.^^

And given it's not even armed (only a couple of bombs) making the opponent crashes still count as a kill. :p