Charles_Dowis

This is insane!

28 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts

Now they are allowing FIVE or more DD's per side in a battle.  They completely dominate the game and it ruins the game.

Also I cannot post in Gameplay even though I have several hundred battles.  How do I link my forum acct to my battle account?

Edited by Charles_Dowis

Players
1,202 posts
8,169 battles

Now they are allowing FIVE or more DD's per side in a battle.

There should actually be more of them. High tier battles average more than 5 BBs per team, so it only seems appropriate to have the corresponding number of ships that counter them. 

Also I cannot post in Gameplay even though I have several hundred battles.  How do I link my forum acct to my battle account?

Why don't you just log into the worldofwarships.eu website and forum with your battle account? Click your user name in the top right corner => log out, then log in with the other account.

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles

Can we stop with the 'rock, paper scissors' DDs counter BBs narrative please? It was never true to begin with (except seal clubbing at low tiers perhaps) and still isn't now. There is no hard counter to any particular class.

On topic, five DDs in a game is indeed excessive, especially in standard battles where it's a recipe for a very early cap, and it's especially ridiculous when other games have as little as one DD in the entire game! However, it's not just an issue with DDs but more to do with the MM in general at the moment. The lack of cruisers in most games is particularly bad.

[CATS]
Players
26,805 posts
14,383 battles

Now they are allowing FIVE or more DD's per side in a battle.  They completely dominate the game and it ruins the game.

If they dominate you, you should learn how to handle DDs.

Hint: Stay behind your own DDs, then torpedos are not much of a problem.

Can we stop with the 'rock, paper scissors' DDs counter BBs narrative please? It was never true to begin with (except seal clubbing at low tiers perhaps) and still isn't now. There is no hard counter to any particular class.

On topic, five DDs in a game is indeed excessive, especially in standard battles where it's a recipe for a very early cap, and it's especially ridiculous when other games have as little as one DD in the entire game! However, it's not just an issue with DDs but more to do with the MM in general at the moment. The lack of cruisers in most games is particularly bad.

Sure...

Cruiser tend to disagree. And if DD were not a counter to BB, why do BB players complain then?

Edited by ColonelPete

Players
248 posts
6,245 battles

From an historical point of view the DD should be more in a battle. in the US navy for 1 BB there are more than 10 DD.

also in most of the battle there are more BB than other ship but anyway counter a DD is easy cruiser can more or less counter them easly even BB can at short range. the only problem are HE spammer from long distance like US and russian DD. that are not so easy to hit. 

for the torpedo use WASD :)

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles

Cruiser tend to disagree. And if DD were not a counter to BB, why do BB players complain then?

Some people could be given a Yamato in a tier 5 game and find a way to complain. Is that how we now judge game balance?

[CATS]
Players
26,805 posts
14,383 battles

Unfortunatley we do not have stats concerning which ship sinks which ship.

Therefore I can only base my thoughts on this matter on subjective experience.

When sailing cruisers, I am really careful about enemy BBs.

When sailing BBs, I am really careful about enemy DDs.

Most players tend to agree on that.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

On topic, five DDs in a game is indeed excessive, especially in standard battles where it's a recipe for a very early cap

In Gremyaschy's match tiers it results in lots of DD fighting/mutual spotting in early match with number of DDs usually dropping fast if cruisers and BBs pay any attention and do target prioritization.

for the torpedo use WASD :)

And avoid up to hilarious amount of torps.

[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles

It sucks for destroyers too. No one likes shooting at an agile little **** that can disengage whenever it wants. And I say that as a DD main. I'd put up with 20s longer MM if it meant a 3 DD cap per side.

• Cool 1

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,402 posts
8,255 battles

Looks like someone took some torpedoes in his BB.

• Cool 1

Players
4 posts

If they dominate you, you should learn how to handle DDs.

Hint: Stay behind your own DDs, then torpedos are not much of a problem.

Sure...

Ahem.... I mostly play the DD == tier 5 and 6, so I know how they play.  

You have to stay at least 8 km away from them (LOL).  And if you have FIVE of them, there is nowhere to hide except at the edge of the map.

Edited by Charles_Dowis

Players
4 posts

When sailing DDs, I am really careful about other DDs, because they can spot me for the kill.

When I see "detected", it is often some DD that spotted me.

Edited by Charles_Dowis

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

And if you have FIVE of them, there is nowhere to hide except at the edge of the map.

Going to hide in rear in Balless Boat is exactly what easily results in getting swarmed by enemy including many DDs.

Without damage tanking support and heavy firepower cruisers and destroyers are in disadvantage against enemy increasing probability for them getting curb stomped.

Supporting team so that they survive to support you is basic rule in game design with different "character" classes.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
1,090 posts
7,985 battles

Still better then 13v14 Artys, or even 80% of both teams being BBs, like int he good ol' days.

But yea in lower tier battles a good DD player tends to dominate while in high tiers they can easily be countered for doing the same thing. But the reason why DD or even any class can dominate in lower tiers is because its mostly old players seal clubbing the boy who just started playing recently.

So it basically boils down to learn to play your ship to its advantages and expose the enemies disadvantages.

[CATS]
Players
26,805 posts
14,383 battles

Ahem.... I mostly play the DD == tier 5 and 6, so I know how they play.  

You have to stay at least 8 km away from them (LOL).  And if you have FIVE of them, there is nowhere to hide except at the edge of the map.

Why do you have to stay 8km away? There is no need for that when you are in a DD.

Players
4 posts

Why do you have to stay 8km away? There is no need for that when you are in a DD.

I was driving a cruiser at the time.  Anyway a DD is just as dangerous to my destroyer since they can spot me -- light me up.

BOOM .

Edited by Charles_Dowis

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Anyway a DD is just as dangerous to my destroyer since they can spot me -- light me up.

BOOM .

So are you going to hide (and launch torps from) in second line also in them?

Maybe warship game isn't best choise for you if you're afraid of taking that pixel object to battle?

Also that enemy destroyer suffers same risks.

Even battleship taking potshot can remove big part of its hp pool.

Only thing preventing fast hp loss is positioning, planning ahead/anticipating enemies to (try to) control risks and having escape plan and using that consumable given to all DDs, smoke, when necessary.

• Cool 2

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,402 posts
8,255 battles

So are you going to hide (and launch torps from) in second line also in them?

Yep, one of those guys :facepalm:

Players
46 posts
9,185 battles

Unfortunatley we do not have stats concerning which ship sinks which ship.

Therefore I can only base my thoughts on this matter on subjective experience.

Most players tend to agree on that.

And dd should be aware af cruisers , sadly over t9 they are black sheeps ; so basacally dd counter themselves in the current mm.

Thankfully in low tiers the situation is more bearable.

[CATS]
Players
26,805 posts
14,383 battles

And dd should be aware af cruisers , sadly over t9 they are black sheeps ; so basacally dd counter themselves in the current mm.

Thankfully in low tiers the situation is more bearable.

A DD must be aware of everything.

Planes, DD and radar spot you. 

Planes, DD, Cruiser and sometimes BB kill you.

Players
593 posts
5,412 battles

It's happening at present because they went and put a mission in that makes everybody play battleships - which means nobody wants to be in a cruiser. Since there's a maximum number of battleships on each side, few cruisers means more destroyers, up to the 5/side max.

The German battleship mission ends (today? tomorrow?) and then we'll be back to normal.

Edited by _Flyto_

[CATS]
Players
26,805 posts
14,383 battles

It was not different before the mission...

In case you did not notice, we have the BB flood since last year.