Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Takru

Esa Tuunanen - The one man meme machine (Jingles Video)

45 comments in this topic

[THROW]
[THROW]
Sailing Hamster, Players, Privateer
3,826 posts
19,065 battles

And here I was thinking you were living in your Gremy for all eternity!

• Cool 2

Players
730 posts

Gremy's not as P2W as it used to be, since the elimination of the stupidly OP for tier 5 magic invisi-firing ability it used to have.

So he's moved onto his next P2W platform.

Sensible move on his part in order to maintain his extremely high 75% win rate. Although his current Scharnhorst win rate is only 5% higher than the EU average for the last 2 weeks for that ship. Give him time to master the Shiney and get his captain to 19 points and I'm sure it'll rise.

His approach makes a lot of sense. Why frustrate yourself with the grind when you can buy the best tools for the job and just use them, over and over again?

Edited by Lin3
  • Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

Gremy's not as P2W as it used to be, since the elimination of the stupidly OP for tier 5 magic invisi-firing ability it used to have.

So he's moved onto his next P2W platform.

Sensible move on his part in order to maintain his extremely high 75% win rate. Although his current Scharnhorst win rate is only 5% higher than the EU average for the last 2 weeks for that ship. Give him time to master the Shiney and get his captain to 19 points and I'm sure it'll rise.

His approach makes a lot of sense. Why frustrate yourself with the grind when you can buy the best tools for the job and just use them, over and over again?

Yea, maybe he just enjoys the game and winning? Maybe he doesn't care about maintaining the WR.

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

With later ship additions Gremy isn't anymore even in top ten WR ships even without USS Flint and Black:

https://eu.warships.today/vehicles

Maybe that's because literally slower than in Scharnhorst turning guns without any 360 degree turning (don't complain about bad traverse in Fujin/Kamikaze) or good firing angles (especially to forward) require BB like planning ahead to effectively contest caps and challenge especially other gunboats.

That long range stealth fire leaving enemy DDs run rampant was never good/reliable match winning strategy because of slow damage output to most targets.

If you happened to miss it that Neighbours match would have likely gone toward very different end without me going agressively after caps and enemy DDs.

And on paper very strong torps have that sluggish speed for minute long travel time giving lots of evasion time, slow reload and salvo control problem of triple launchers.

Just like the not so loved T6 Mutsuki after fast reloading super torpedo machinegun Minekaze.

Hence I likely get lot more Devastating Strikes from (often smoke camping) cruisers and destroyers because those need lot less hits than supposed torpedo target BBs.

And here I was thinking you were living in your Gremy for all eternity!

My Scharnhorst lacks that almost always top tier feature so don't count on Gremy losing its position.

Current amount of T8 and T9 BBs hiding in rear instead of bow tanking and in general using their hp pool just doesn't inspire to play it that much.

Also some days ago in one Two Brothers T7 match which ended up draw had basically full HP Gneisenau and Colorado surviving.

Gneisenau just kept hiding in rear while I tanked long range fire from three cruisers and one or two BBs for many minutes in early match until backing out far enough.
  • Cool 1

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,111 posts
21,603 battles

Welcome to high tier campers where the ships with the most armor and HP hide the most far in the back until their team dies.

• Cool 1

[IAN_H]
Players
1,967 posts
6,662 battles

................and then writes in Chat "Good Job Noobs!" :D

Players
730 posts

With later ship additions Gremy isn't anymore even in top ten WR ships even without USS Flint and Black:

https://eu.warships.today/vehicles

Your win rate in the Gremy has been plumetting since invisi firing was taken away. Nevertheless, at tier 5 over the last 2 weeks on the EU server, the Gremy is the 4th best ship at tier 5. The top 3 ships all being premiums. So it's not like the Gremy is now a pile of pooh. It's still better than every free to play ship at tier 5.

Spare a thought for all the poor saps in Emeralds - 10% lower win rate than the Gremmy.

Although I'm not sure how much can be read into EU stats. For example, the Omaha is the 21st best ship out of 29 at tier 5 and I think it's a great ship now after recent buffs.

Players
4,495 posts
7,604 battles

Cruiser suicide syndrome is real, end the mockery today.

I wonder if we could use that as a meme?

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Your win rate in the Gremy has been plumetting since invisi firing was taken away.

Actually it's more recent.

Lately evenings are horribly at mercy of MM and only during daytime there's some guarantee of some degree of predictability of team mates.

High tier plague has been spreading to lower tiers with now also many USN BBs hiding at long range.

And with more cruisers suiciding in some non-important place or just scratching far away BB instead of enemy DDs I go to spot that's another unpredictability.

For some reason even DDs seem to have gotten again more obsessed with uselessly humping map borders, or then going to middle in Two Brothers.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,645 battles

That long range stealth fire leaving enemy DDs run rampant was never good/reliable match winning strategy because of slow damage output to most targets.

​Well if your lucky and got into a T4/5 match you still could basically own anything since both arcs and Shell Velo is still nice on Gremy. Your not conteting caps that way but you sure could bully US BBs and slower Cruiser to no end or them having any Chance but run for theirs DDs to decloack you.

[THROW]
[THROW]
Sailing Hamster, Players, Privateer
3,826 posts
19,065 battles

Sad to see some sort of flaming going on here. Posted it here only because Esa is a fellow forumite, has been around quite long already and whenever I encountered him it's been laughs and giggles.

• Cool 1

[DUDES]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,795 posts
16,612 battles

Is this alternative fact? This video features some scenes which do not contain a Gremy...

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

You can taunt Esa whatever you want. You're right to have an opinion. Though I'd like to see myself as more or less an allrounder, I've seen replays from him on YT. And I must truly acknowledge Esa is a master in Granny. So all respect to you from my part Esa. If I'd be even half as good in 1 ship as you are in Granny I'd be a very happy player. My advice: don't let anyone tell you what you like or don't and keep up your good performance.

Edit: just saw the YT from Jingles now... Esa: my favorite class is a BB. Could you learn me a trick or 2?! Holy [edited]-ing hell. Never saw such good performance ever in your Sharnhorst.... Please: don't let this guy get his hands on Tirpitz please... (((-; Really: awesome play Esa. Should I ever meet you in battle I'll pray for your mercy first. After RNG!

Edited by Ferry_25

[COSTS]
Alpha Tester
3,692 posts
5,956 battles

I just find it incredible that any single player would have 5,620 battles in the Gremmy. That ship has been known as an OP Tier V seal clubber since day one. Pathetic is the only word that comes to mind.  

• Cool 2

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,645 battles

I just find it incredible that any single player would have 5,620 battles in the Gremmy. That ship has been known as an OP Tier V seal clubber since day one. Pathetic is the only word that comes to mind.  

Really? whats wrong with playing a fun ship? Belfast is much more op than any stealthfire Gremmy ever were and you can still buy her....
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

Cruiser suicide syndrome is real, end the mockery today.

I wonder if we could use that as a meme?

I think it is more fitting to say that suicide syndrome is real just in general, as it seems people will find some way to die, regardless of what ship they are sailing.

[COSTS]
Alpha Tester
3,692 posts
5,956 battles

Really? whats wrong with playing a fun ship? Belfast is much more op than any stealthfire Gremmy ever were and you can still buy her....

Nothing wrong with playing one ship. But over 5k battles in an OP low tier ship ? 

• Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,645 battles

Nothing wrong with playing one ship. But over 5k battles in an OP low tier ship ? 

​Well when i were grinding my 1st few lines i did a lots of unnerfed Murmansk games to get the silver to Progress. you right thogh that 5k is a lots of games.

Players
730 posts

Actually it's more recent.

Lately evenings are horribly at mercy of MM and only during daytime there's some guarantee of some degree of predictability of team mates.

High tier plague has been spreading to lower tiers with now also many USN BBs hiding at long range.

And with more cruisers suiciding in some non-important place or just scratching far away BB instead of enemy DDs I go to spot that's another unpredictability.

For some reason even DDs seem to have gotten again more obsessed with uselessly humping map borders, or then going to middle in Two Brothers.

0.6.3 with the removal of invisi-firing was released at the end of March / start of April 2017.

Your all time win rate is: 74.45%

Win rate for last 377 days: 75.21%

90 days (680 battles): 71.18%

30 days (404 battles): 69.80%

1 day (21 battles and therefore not a large enough sample from which to draw conclusions): 61.90%

So, a drop of about 5% in your win rate has co-incided with the removal of invisi-firing.

Well played Esa for maintaining a 70% win rate after the Gremmy nerf.

However I cannot agree that your drop in win rate is down to the behaviour of your team-mates!

Why not just admit that your extremely high win rate was down to the old Gremmy being a prime example of P2W AND that you were a good enough player to take full advantage of this with a 19 point captain? Do you think you'd be able to get a 70% to 75% win rate in the T-22?

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

How can anyone play that many games in one ship and not get bored...

Seriously, with that many games it's possible to grind out multiple lines, hit Rank 1 a number of times and see almost everything this game has to offer. Which I've more or less done with less games in fact.

I guess Gremy clubbing isn't as bad as T1 clubbing but I've got both Gremy and Nikolai but I barely play them except once in awhile to laugh at the poor folk who either didn't buy when they were sold or were not rich/lucky last Xmas with the boxes.

[THESO]
Players
4,091 posts

I would like to have the ship from the "collectors" perspective. Unfortunately I was never presented the chance to get one.

[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,035 posts

Maybe WG should start selling deactivated versions of super op ships removed from the store to collectors? You could display them in port, but the battle button wouldn't work except perhaps coop.

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,208 battles

WoT Jingles videos used to be funny and very original when I was playing that game (2-3 years ago). His comments were really appropriate and at the same time you had big laughs. And then his laughter...

Not anymore. What a booooring video.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,245 posts
9,332 battles

WoT Jingles videos used to be funny and very original when I was playing that game (2-3 years ago). His comments were really appropriate and at the same time you had big laughs. And then his laughter...

Not anymore. What a booooring video.

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I'm watching him less and less. Maybe he needs a long break or something?

The past year I feel he is just saying the same things over and over. And although he is famous for making mistakes, I feel it is getting worse every video.

Anyways, wanted to say gratz to Esa for being featured in any case. And don't let the negativity get to you. Sure, I don't really understand playing one ship over and over, but that is just my opinion/style. If you enjoy it, just do it, who cares.

I've always disliked the whole "sealclubbing" argument. Why are people not allowed to have fun? If you enjoy lower tiers more then higher (which I fully understand), why aren't you allowed to play those more enjoyable tiers?

• Cool 4

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I'm watching him less and less. Maybe he needs a long break or something?

The past year I feel he is just saying the same things over and over. And although he is famous for making mistakes, I feel it is getting worse every video.

Doing the same thing over and over again might have something to do with it. Watching the same thing over and over again might also make it less interesting over time... I think he's doing what he can with the content he got. It's to be expected.

Sign in to follow this