Sign in to follow this  
rigawe

Schnarhorst gameplay?

11 comments in this topic

[DMAS]
Beta Tester
311 posts
2,638 battles

Hey guys I was wondering about buying the Schnarhorst TIER VII premium german Battleship.

I was wondering what's the gameplay of this ship?

I don't want to play BB, I prefer cruiser. I'm looking for a New Orlean with upraged armor kind of ship.

Since this ship has "only" 283 mm gun I'm wondering if this ship play more like a cruiser or a BB?

I've searched review of that ship but all of them are 8 months old, so I'm not sure if they are still relevant.

Edited by rigawe

Players
33 posts
101 battles

If you think its crap why buying? :-)

Its a fast BB with short reload time on main guns. No other ships ingame play like her. Its one of the best premiums and definitively worth buying.

Edit: all the reviews still relevant. Check Flamu Berserker build video.

Edited by Saskian
  • Cool 1

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles

It's my single favourite ship in the game, bar none. Does the ship play more like a Battleship or a Cruiser? I guess that's up to whoever is playing it. Aren't many cruisers around with a ~15km concealment rating though.

I personally like to play it close and very aggressively, cruiser-like I guess you could say, but the margin of error for aggressive play is pretty small. The ship is very vulnerable to being focus fired, especially from cruiser HE spam (not sure why but my crew seems to douse it with gasoline before setting sail for every battle), so you'll need to pick your moments and your battles wisely. If you can get close enough to a manageable enough number of opponents, however, then it's simply glorious when equipped with a secondary build and if I had to choose just one premium to keep, it'd be this one.

Judging by your post you're not a fan of Battleships and if that's the case then I'm not sure why you're thinking of buying a premium Battleship. I don't really like the comparison, but I suppose it does play more like a cruiser than any other Battleship. I recommend against thinking about it that way though, at the end of the day it's still fundamentally a Battleship and without knowing how to play Battleships you're going to struggle very hard. In terms of difficulty I would say the Scharnhorst is one of the more difficult Battleships to use well, so if you're inexperienced with or just disinterested in BB game play then you shouldn't be looking at buying the Scharnhorst at all.

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

If you're into cruisers but want to try some bb experience, S is an excellent choice. Behaves like a very heavy cruiser.

[K_N_M]
Players
294 posts
5,673 battles

Yep, highest rate of fire of all battleships (I think), in that regard it's very cruiser like. Here's is a gameplay example how she can be played:

[OP-B]
Players
128 posts
21,368 battles

I would see it right between cruisers and battleships (Battle cruiser)

Fire rate is great compared to any battleships, and only slightly worse than slow firing cruisers, and turret rotation is spectacular among battleships, and might even be better than some cruisers, I don't remember exact figures.

But compared to cruisers it is huge, slow, and excluding USSR cruisers it feels clumsy. and "fat" But as it has heal and significantly thicker armor it evens itself out.

Dispersions is "trollish" so to speak. Every once in a while you will fire a salvo with 8/9 shells hitting a DD form 18km, but then thre is the moments where you get 5 or 7 superstructure overpens on broadside cruiser with 4 salvos from 9km.

Also it's secondary power (If you use secondary spec Bismarck captain) and AA power (if you use AA spec Hipper captain) are both quite strong for it's tier.

How ever, as I have all nations and all ship classes grinded to T8, and I have 3 premium ships, I would rank this my 2nd favoritre ship, in a very tight pack with Cleveland and Fiji

Overall it is very strong ship

Also additionally, if you end up getting it it would be adviseable to stay in 6-12km fights. At this range you can utilize your torpedos, (6km) Secondary arnament (about 7km if all out secondary spec) you endure damage well (Turtleback armor = no citadels) and you actually hit things most of the time.

You arent very strong against Battleships, but you will mow down cruisers with ease.

Edited by JOVA1982

Beta Tester
2,104 posts
11,183 battles

Hey guys I was wondering about buying the Schnarhorst TIER VII premium german Battleship.

I don't want to play BB, I prefer cruiser. I'm looking for a New Orlean with upraged armor kind of ship.

Since this ship has "only" 283 mm gun I'm wondering if this ship play more like a cruiser or a BB?

I've searched review of that ship but all of them are 8 months old, so I'm not sure if they are still relevant.

This is all you need to know: :tea_cap:

[DMAS]
Beta Tester
311 posts
2,638 battles

If you think its crap why buying? :-)

*Fixed.

Thank you guys for the feedback.

It matches what I had in mind.

Beta Tester
84 posts
7,686 battles

Favorite game play of Sharnie is the yolo game play. If you don't yolo she can still be played very aggressive thanks to speed and good armor. If you like BB and CA mix and German brawling game play then she is for you. Sharnie is one of the most fun ships in the game at the moment if you ask me.

Players
463 posts
8,432 battles

Well only had time for four games in the scharnhorst so far since buying it but it's a very nice heavy cruiser. Gun's are only slightly bigger as the Henry IV cruiser. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this