You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Szenzi44

HMS Gallant

61 comments in this topic

[JR-IT]
Players
72 posts
8,524 battles

Hey everyone,

Stumbled across this beauty earlier. Really looking forward to seeing more on the RN line :honoring:

18358796_1469177503144914_82779904854548

18423070_1469177496478248_3822356152060618359078_1469177546478243_1346255964710218402015_1469177499811581_61032105528171

Edited by Cybernetic_X
  • Cool 9

[DMAS]
Beta Tester
311 posts
2,638 battles

Obviously British beauty standard are lower than everywhere else.

Edited by rigawe
  • Cool 3

Quality Poster
1,695 posts
9,500 battles

Just looked her up on Wikipedia.

She survived a magazine explosion, including her bow being blown off and was being repaired, could have been brought back into service.

Holy crap..

Also, just for the name, she seems worth it.

RN has great names for their ships.

• Cool 2

[JR-IT]
Players
72 posts
8,524 battles

Just looked her up on Wikipedia.

She survived a magazine explosion, including her bow being blown off and was being repaired, could have been brought back into service.

Holy crap..

Also, just for the name, she seems worth it.

RN has great names for their ships.

I agree! I'm excited for this.

Don't forget a near miss bomb drop that also knocked out her steering :P

• Cool 1

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

DD line next? As much as I want BBs, shant complain. My experience in the CKs would indicate that DDs would favour my playstule better thsn BBs

Beta Tester
331 posts
3,225 battles

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Edited by Yorkie_GBR
  • Cool 3

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

Hopefully we can avoud the same mess as the hood. Still expect exorcet to whine that "fanboys" want it superbuffed

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,166 posts
3,608 battles

If the Campbeltown is any indication, we might possibly expect weaker guns, but stronger torpedoes, than on same-tiered US and Russian destroyers.

Beta Tester
3,166 posts
3,608 battles

It would also be fun to see how a full-fledged, mid-tier destroyer, with those RN flavoured single-drop torpedo launchers, would work out in the game! :)

Beta Tester, Players
279 posts
7,580 battles

I wonder if its guns and torp will work like RN cruisers or like the Campbeltown.

Anyway, it looks great and Tier 4 is a sweet spot right now. A T4 premium DD is exactly what I was looking for. I mistaken, I read it in a hurry.

Edited by Sams_Baneblade

Players
1,284 posts
7,092 battles

Hood wants to have a conversation with you.
  • Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
4,081 posts

Are there any leaks on what the line might be about? I just hope it isnt radar.....

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

Are there any leaks on what the line might be about? I just hope it isnt radar.....

I sm worried about "gimmicks"

Beta Tester, Players
279 posts
7,580 battles

No worries did it myself yesterday

I still want a Tier 4 DD, as I already have two premium battleships and a cruiser ;)

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

They leaked some flags a while back, one was a Dunkirk evacuation flag. The whole movie to event to DD tie in makes sense

• Cool 1

Quality Poster
1,695 posts
9,500 battles

They leaked some flags a while back, one was a Dunkirk evacuation flag. The whole movie to event to DD tie in makes sense

Definitely going to watch that one.

Wars aren't won by evacuations, but it sure was a victory of sorts.

Players
2,774 posts
17,292 battles

She rescued 1,466 troops from Dunkirk. I was initially disappointed but Gallant has a long and honourable service history like most RN DDs. > http://www.naval-history.net/xGM-Chrono-10DD-25G-HMS_Gallant.htm

Mussolini calls these blue waters 'his sea'. Well well, just a moment, one of our crack destroyer flotillas is using it for a gymnasium! :D

British Pathe commentators are always good for a laugh, just Ignore the racist jibes.

Yep, she's not the best looking. Gallant was one of the last RN ships to feature the blocky 20's superstructure.

Hero and Hereward got the new style bridge we all know and love. :honoring:

QzvOaD3.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

Definitely going to watch that one.

Wars aren't won by evacuations, but it sure was a victory of sorts.

Monty got his force off intact, only one who did. Dinkirk nade ( snd broke) many a man

Players
4,487 posts
7,604 battles

Assuming a certain amount of historical accuracy the guns won't be that great with the 4.7" having a marginally higher MV than the USN 5"/38 but firing a lighter shell so possibly worse ballistics than USN DD, also I can't find any suggestion that the ROF was ever any more than 12 RPM.  Another problem is that the later ships used 4.5" guns which won't work within the current game mechanics unless they break out the magic AP again.

My guess would be something similar to the KM line with better HE damage and smokes and possibly better concealment and/or torps plus the single launchers as a gimick.

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

Assuming a certain amount of historical accuracy the guns won't be that great with the 4.7" having a marginally higher MV than the USN 5"/38 but firing a lighter shell so possibly worse ballistics than USN DD, also I can't find any suggestion that the ROF was ever any more than 12 RPM.  Another problem is that the later ships used 4.5" guns which won't work within the current game mechanics unless they break out the magic AP again.

My guess would be something similar to the KM line with better HE damage and smokes and possibly better concealment and/or torps plus the single launchers as a gimick.

The BB whine will be great. Sone if our DDs had twin 5 racks. 10 torps all ained at same point to a steaight line, tunnel visioned BB? Will be glorious