Sign in to follow this  
SexyCroat

CVN Enterprise on its way!

70 comments in this topic

[TTT]
Players
725 posts
15,889 battles

Looks like the most famous Yorktown class cv is coming to WoWs,finally. Ok lets get it started....

decks? planes? thoughts?

Looks like tier 8 atm, will she be able to finally make a counter for Shokaku?

w7ixvp.jpg

Edited by SexyCroat

[TTT]
Players
725 posts
15,889 battles

looks interesting but as MM factor i still rather stay at saipan

definetly, but why not both? :)

IF they manage to do decent decks (like old Lex deck, i think it was 2-1-1) it will be viable, even in competitive.... But yeah MM factor is a biitch in tier 8

Beta Tester
1,210 posts
1,486 battles

Interesting they are bringing out all these premium CVs when they are supposed to be re-working CVs, how will the re-work impact it.

Would have liked to have seen a British CV as a premium as well. Idefatigable I reckon would be a decent tier 8 premium CV, or Indomitable as a tier 7 just to mix stuff up. Also interesting that they never chose the Yorktown class to be the regular tier 8 instead of the Lexington class. 

Hopefully it has balanced set ups that actually has a full amount of squadrons. 

Players
2,582 posts
11,389 battles

IF they manage to do decent decks (like old Lex deck, i think it was 2-1-1) it will be viable, even in competitive.... But yeah MM factor is a biitch in tier 8

A 2/1/2 would be better. You can make the other 2 tier 8 CVs cry and still do a decent amount of damage. 1 DB doesn't seem to do much at tier 8 to 10 level.

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles

2-1-1 :):):) don't get me started :)

[KLLCV]
Community Contributor
50 posts
7,513 battles

When talking about plane setup, take note the Saipan and (current) Kaga do not conform to the "standard" tree line. ie Saipan has waves of 3 not 6 planes, Kaga has a mix of 4 and 6 compared to only 4 plane waves for main line. The reason I mention this is that it's entirely possibly and likely the Enterprise will not follow the standard 6 planes to a wave format so hypothetical 2-1-1 etc setups are probably flawed.

Speaking of 2-1-1, it was still weaker than the Shokaku 2-2-2 in the earlier days of WoWs. Personally I'd like atleast 2 waves of fighters for effective strafe & exit strafe control as well as 2 waves of torpedo bombers allowing me to X-cross drop targets. How many planes per waves or what tier those planes are... well thats up for debate.

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,628 posts
12,691 battles

On the image it looks like  as 2/2/2 setup with 5 planes in squadron. Also total number of planes 96 is much higher than other t8 CV. So it looks like it will have lower tier(t7) planes.

[TTT]
Players
725 posts
15,889 battles

When talking about plane setup, take note the Saipan and (current) Kaga do not conform to the "standard" tree line. ie Saipan has waves of 3 not 6 planes, Kaga has a mix of 4 and 6 compared to only 4 plane waves for main line. The reason I mention this is that it's entirely possibly and likely the Enterprise will not follow the standard 6 planes to a wave format so hypothetical 2-1-1 etc setups are probably flawed.

Speaking of 2-1-1, it was still weaker than the Shokaku 2-2-2 in the earlier days of WoWs. Personally I'd like atleast 2 waves of fighters for effective strafe & exit strafe control as well as 2 waves of torpedo bombers allowing me to X-cross drop targets. How many planes per waves or what tier those planes are... well thats up for debate.

well that would be great if we could crossdrop with Enterprise, even if it got 2x3 TBs it would be really good, and i do hope they stick to "prem deck design" for this one too, becouse USN tech tree decks are plain awfull, maybe Midway isnt but rest...

Personally id like to see 2x6-2x3-1x6, it would allow so much more than current us cvs

[H_FAN]
Players
2,589 posts
41,759 battles

Apart from RN Battleships the most missed ship in game objectively and I hardly play CVs, Only at T5 there.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,918 posts
19,735 battles

About time.

Judging by the artwork:

Looks like 2/2/2 to me with 5 planes per squad. What worries me a bit are those T7 fighters, but if she manages to maintain numerical superiority to Shokaku she may actually be able to rule the skies with AS & DE.

Players
2,582 posts
11,389 battles

It'll have a detection range of 9km and get a new consumable that upon activation cause it to disappear off screen to enemy ships and the minimap for 30 seconds. It'll also be announced/displayed that the Grey Ghost has been sunk on. The consumable will only have a maximum of 3 charges, ship comes with 1 charge, 1 more charge with premium and another with  superintendent.

Can't help it sorry :teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[KLLCV]
Community Contributor
50 posts
7,513 battles

Just find this a stunning picture.

952da62c-365f-11e7-b9e6-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

Interesting group of 3 and 4 plane waves going on there.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles

About time.

Judging by the artwork:

Looks like 2/2/2 to me with 5 planes per squad. What worries me a bit are those T7 fighters, but if she manages to maintain numerical superiority to Shokaku she may actually be able to rule the skies with AS & DE.

"Ruling the sky" is not something good. Being a good opponent for equally skilled players is.

(Just to be clear there.)

[10GO]
Players
181 posts
12,119 battles

I'll definitly get it if the loadout is half way decent, for historical value and because Shokaku needs a challenger on T8.

But frankly I'd be more grateful if they fix the decks of the tech tree T7-T9 CVs. Balance should be 2/1/1 on ranger, 2/1/1 on Lexi and 2/1/2 on Essex. Ruining one deck for xp progression purposes in ships which outlast the levelling phase by a lot is just bad design.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,918 posts
19,735 battles

"Ruling the sky" is not something good. Being a good opponent for equally skilled players is.

What I meant was that she's capable of contesting air superiority against her contemporaries with the projected loadout while maintaining great strike potential.

Though really, I can't even begin to imagine the size of the [edited]-storm WG will have to deal with if Big E turns out sub-par. They're basically forced to make her competitive and 2/2/2 with 5 planes per squad seems to fit the bill pretty well.

Edited by El2aZeR

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles

With US strong air-torpedoes, 2/2/2 will just make her overpowered no question asked. 5 planes per squadrons or not.

I'd rather have a setup a little weird like Kaga, to makes Enterprise challenging but interesting and rewarding.

I'd rather not see another easy mode Saipan... 

Something like 2-1-1 or 1-1-2, or even 1-1-3 like Essex should be more than enough to contest a Shokaku honestly. 2 fighters squadrons is a pain in the arse to deal with for an IJN CV.

And I'd rather not see another 3/0/1 or stupid things like that anymore...  

Also, keep in mind they'll probably give her 90 planes like on the screenshots. Which means they can very well decides to nerf something as compensation, like they gave tier 6 planes to Kaga.

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles

With US strong air-torpedoes, 2/2/2 will just make her overpowered no question asked. 5 planes per squadrons or not.

I'd rather have a setup a little weird like Kaga, to makes Enterprise challenging but interesting and rewarding.

I'd rather not see another easy mode Saipan... 

Something like 2-1-1 or 1-1-2, or even 1-1-3 like Essex should be more than enough to contest a Shokaku honestly. 2 fighters squadrons is a pain in the arse to deal with for an IJN CV.

And I'd rather not see another 3/0/1 or stupid things like that anymore...  

Also, keep in mind they'll probably give her 90 planes like on the screenshots. Which means they can very well decides to nerf something as compensation, like they gave tier 6 planes to Kaga.

with setup on picture she will not have t9 plane......that will balance tings hard......Saipans OP comes from t9 planes.....so Enter weaknes could came from t 7 panes

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,918 posts
19,735 battles

Depends on the spread imo. If she gets the standard tight USN spread or the inverted IJN one I'd agree. If it's all a bit more spaced so your target has to seriously misplay to get hit by all torps then things would somewhat even out.

[10GO]
Players
181 posts
12,119 battles

2/1/2 with american drop pattern would actually be a VERY formidable ship. Even if they tier the fighters at T7 (For Wildcat/Hellcat style). Yes, you cannot DD hunt quite like a Shokaku, but if she retains Lexington's divebombers, she will pack a punch and above all, she will have flexibility.

2/2/2 with reduced squad sizes would be fun and acceptable, but encroaching on the default Shokaku deck and playstyle.

Beta Tester, Players
708 posts

how about balance the CVs there are ingame now ... 

mang

Edited by Mangrey

Players
2,582 posts
11,389 battles

how about balance the CVs there are ingame now ... 

mang

Be more specific. What needs balancing? Tier 4 & 5? No more manual drop. Tier 6 and 7? Welcome to the World of AA where your planes just melt. Tier 8 is the somewhat more balanced tier I've seen so far. Tier 9 and 10 I'll say the economy balances it out.

Sign in to follow this