Sign in to follow this  
knecht007

some help?

8 comments in this topic

[DIV21]
Players
2 posts
1,764 battles

so im looking for someone (prefferably steam) to help me a bit with starting in the game (builds,what ships to avoid etc)

thanks in advance

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,111 posts
21,565 battles

I don't understand your question, try to be more clear. Steam? :hmm:

What ships to avoid? None. In my opinion at least.

Builds? There is a comprehensive guide here.

[DIV21]
Players
2 posts
1,764 battles

i meant the game platform steam as it is easier to communicate (and with avoiding i meant for example what prem ships are just useless)

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

Don't understand your Q either OP. Please be more specific. Looking at your stats IMO you're not doing bad at all. On the contrary. My advice to you is to build up some more DD experience. And don't rush the tiers. Answering which premiums are "useless" and which are not is impossible to answer. That entirely depends on your own prefs.

The same goes with builds: do you prefer a more cautious play style or am aggressive one? Note there are 2 types of players which will be metaphorically speaking be lynched here: the pussies hiding on the border lines, waiting to be killed as the last or the nuts who charge in blindly, finding themselves to be at the mercy of 6 opponents alone. Those people tend to spam this forum with whining about "OP this and that and I am so pathetic because my team let me down."

My point: don't be scared to ask questions. And don't be to make mistakes. Don't play arrogant and you'll find this forum is our best ally to get better. I humbly know I did.

About premiums: don't be in a rush there as well. My advice: don't make the same mistake I made: thinking the higher the tier, the easier it gets. I bought Atago (t8 japanese cruiser) when I was still in the T5 regions. At first it was a nightmare. Until I grinded actually to T8. Mistakes in the lower tiers (no offense to that players) are much more easily forgiven than in the higher tiers. That's all the player experience in game. And no: I'm not intending to sabotage WG's method of income. I'm only suggesting a win-win. Go slow and pick the premium you're comfortable with. There are enough in every class available on every tier. F.e. do you shine in low tier US cruisers? Heck: Murmansk is your pick. And I can give enough examples for other classes. And I know I'm speaking for all forum members regarding this. Only just be more specific. There is not "1 prem ship in which you can obliterate them all." Period.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

If you have a headset/microphone I can recommend joining the WG WoWS TS3 server:

92.223.3.90:9989

No password required. Just hop into a channel with fellas of the same nationality (or if you're multilingual into any other one that you are comfortable to speak with), chat people up and ask if they want to division up and give you a couple tips.

The English speaking channels are typically well populated and the people that I've spoken to and/or played with are pretty decent to very good players and excellent and helpful chaps every single one of them, just make sure to tell them you're new and looking for tips (and that you're still playing the low tiers, not everyone keeps ships at those tiers) and there shouldn't be many issues.

For more generalized advice, just browse the informative guides in the newcomers section and the ship subsections for more specific tips on how to play certain ship classes (though those tips are typically with higher tiers in mind, but they still apply to the low tiers to varying degrees).

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,111 posts
21,565 battles

This game doesn't have any link to steam, not sure how that helps. There is TeamSpeak and Discord for voice comms; or even the build-in feature in game, but not many people use that.

You can check Flamu's youtube channel for builds and how to play specific ships. He has all high tier ships and some low tiers covered. Just search his channel for a specific ship. For a more beginner friendly guide you can check out

, especially the older videos.

Players
5 posts
477 battles

What the hell is going wrong here?

I'm playing 2 monhts now, and could easy play for hours.

But after a few weeks i had my first Blackscreen,

After 3 or 4 battles screen gone, but sound stays. 

Today i reinsalled the game and now cant even make a battle to an end.

Is it the updates???

What is the use of a game, when you cant play it?

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
666 posts
5,434 battles

What the hell is going wrong here?

I'm playing 2 monhts now, and could easy play for hours.

But after a few weeks i had my first Blackscreen,

After 3 or 4 battles screen gone, but sound stays. 

Today i reinsalled the game and now cant even make a battle to an end.

Is it the updates???

What is the use of a game, when you cant play it?

I'll just throw a few guesses at you, but first, please make sure you make a seperate post. Dont post your own problems in someone elses topic unless they are more or less the same:great:

Anyways few quick suggestions:

Mess around with your graphics settings, maybe disabling something here or there might solve the problem.

Update your graphics drivers, sometimes that works.

Try playing on Full Screen, or if you are, try windowed.

If possible, try a different monitor, if you are using one. Maybe your monitor can't handle it all, but your PC still can, which is why you still get sound.

These are all rough guesses, if you keep running into this problem, please make an individual forum topic. :honoring:

Sign in to follow this