You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
fallenkezef

Future of the RN?

87 comments in this topic

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

So with Hood coming soon, any idea on the rest of the Brit line? Any rumours, etas?

It would make sense for WG to release RN in 2017, while we Brits still have money before the brexit thing hits the economy :trollface:

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,067 battles

So with Hood coming soon, any idea on the rest of the Brit line? Any rumours, etas?

It would make sense for WG to release RN in 2017, while we Brits still have money before the brexit thing hits the economy :trollface:

Hood will be $69.99. I am hoping they introduce the line this summer. If the ship are fun to play/able to compete with yama. I would free exp all of it. 
Edited by P2Win

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,080 posts
19,974 battles

Hood will be $69.99. I am hoping they introduce the line this summer. If the ship are fun to play/able to compete with yama. I would free exp all of it. 

Where do you get 70$ from? Also we work in euro in EU. 70$ is approx 65€

P2Win where do you get you numbers from? Hood a tier 7BB or BC will cost in the region of 20€ more than any other prem ship in game Even tier 8.

Edited by T0byJug

Players
503 posts
1,954 battles

Honestly, I'm a bit ambivalent to RN BBs but that might just be that I'm a bit burned out on BB gameplay after the grind for NC.

I'm mostly waiting for the RN DD line, partly because I pass HMS Cavalier pretty much every day since my uni is at the Historical Dockyard in Chatham. :P

• Cool 3

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

Honestly, I'm a bit ambivalent to RN BBs but that might just be that I'm a bit burned out on BB gameplay after the grind for NC.

I'm mostly waiting for the RN DD line, partly because I pass HMS Cavalier pretty much every day since my uni is at the Historical Dockyard in Chatham. :P

I'd love the Tribal class, we did make some nice DDs, the ones with 10 torps will be fun against those backline campers.
  • Cool 3

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,067 battles

Where do you get 70$ from? Also we work in euro in EU. 70$ is approx 65€

P2Win where do you get you numbers from? Hood a tier 7BB or BC will cost in the region of 20€ more than any other prem ship in game Even tier 8.

With all the overhype over this ship...WG will overprice it lol. I pulled that number out my a$$ but you know it's gonna be overpriced.

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

Oh don't worry, this is Wargaming we're talking about. EU is their "milk cow extraordinaire" so they will push out a selection of bundles with tons of useless junk in them to grossly overinflated the price. Remember there was a £72 package for the Dunkerque and that's just a mediocre tier VI BC.

The slightly sad thing is there will be plenty of us Brits tempted by such stuff... at least the magpies among us who like collecting flags lol.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,823 posts
14,389 battles

If you want to buy bundles, you buy bundles.

If you want to spend less, you just buy the ship.

• Cool 3

Players
1,285 posts
7,092 battles

Any rumours, etas?

I've read somewhere in the "some interesting info from RU"-thread RN DDs are planned for this year.

Players
2,774 posts
17,292 battles

I think it might break the thirty pound barrier and come in at £ 32 vanilla, any other bets?

Gold prices.

Tirpitz. 12,500

Mikhail Kutuzov. 10,250

Hood. 9800

Scharnhorst. 9500

So £30 depending on exchange rates.

[R_I_D]
[R_I_D]
Players
497 posts
4,263 battles

I must admit I picked up Warspite ages ago and didn't do anything with it because I don't play BBs. Now it seems justified because i've had 20+ games so far in her and it is an absolute hoot. Bring on the Hood for under £30 for the ship and I will probably get her. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,054 posts
2,644 battles

Oh don't worry, this is Wargaming we're talking about. EU is their "milk cow extraordinaire" so they will push out a selection of bundles with tons of useless junk in them to grossly overinflated the price. Remember there was a £72 package for the Dunkerque and that's just a mediocre tier VI BC.

​Nobody forced anyone into buying the bundle. The Hood, like any other ship, will be available on its own.

Players
182 posts

Wargaming said in their Plans for 2017 video they were going to release more *lines* for the British Tech Tree.So we will get battleships, destroyers and probably aircraft carriers aswell.

They also said they were going to add about 50 ships this year. 3 Brit lines, 2 French lines and a handful of premiums would fit this figure almost exactly.

• Cool 1

Players
3,403 posts
16,624 battles

Waiting for HE only RN BBs :trollface:

:D

All I hope for is that the Hood can act as a good trainer for other captains in the Royal Navy Battleship line.

The Belfast is a great ship, but it's not exactly a good fit for the RN Cruiser line. I'm hoping that Wargaming don't repeat this.

Players
503 posts
1,954 battles

The Belfast is a great ship, but it's not exactly a good fit for the RN Cruiser line. I'm hoping that Wargaming don't repeat this.

Well you don't need IFHE for it to work, it was still a strong ship before that skill was introduced. The only must-have's imo are PT, SI and CE which also are part of the cookiecutter RN build

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

Wargaming said in their Plans for 2017 video they were going to release more *lines* for the British Tech Tree.So we will get battleships, destroyers and probably aircraft carriers aswell.

They also said they were going to add about 50 ships this year. 3 Brit lines, 2 French lines and a handful of premiums would fit this figure almost exactly.

Makes sense then they can focus on Italians for 2018

Beta Tester
741 posts
1,694 battles

I've read somewhere in the "some interesting info from RU"-thread RN DDs are planned for this year.

are you sure that was not the unwanted new Russian destroyer line they threw at us this year?

They used the hint of the British cruisers to falsely build up hype for the upcoming Putinite propaganda Cruiser line back when they were released. it was only the Supertesters risking their necks and getting very close to breaking their NDA agreements that stopped that storm turning to brown rain across the EU and US forums

Beta Tester
741 posts
1,694 battles

Personally I'd like to see Carriers next with destroyers coming a close second

while it'll annoy a lot of players what the game doesn't need right now is more battleships. I would leave them for much later or do a joint release alongside the first or second Italian tech tree branch

• Cool 2

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

Personally I'd like to see Carriers next with destroyers coming a close second

while it'll annoy a lot of players what the game doesn't need right now is more battleships. I would leave them for much later or do a joint release alongside the first or second Italian tech tree branch

Cant do cvs without BBs as they branch off the BB lines

Beta Tester
741 posts
1,694 battles

Cant do cvs without BBs as they branch off the BB lines

of course you can, in the closed beta you got the to Langley by grinding the Phoenix. it was not until the addition of the IJN Carriers and USN battlesheep that the ship progression changed to:-

CC > BB >CV

> DD       

Russian DDs came before Russian cruisers tho~

you still got the Orlan Cruiser as a Tier 1 ship to advance from

Edited by Mymeara