Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BlitzkreigDeutschland

What is the highest possible torpedo speed with upgrades?

30 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
1,127 battles

I have a Yugumo with F3 Torps (76 knots). If I add the Aiming systems modification 1 I will get 20% extra torp traverse speed. If my math is correct, an extra 20% makes it at 91 knots. Can this be correct? It sounds unreasonably high!

And also, what would the highest torpedo speed in the game be with all the modifications and command perks added together?

Thanks!

[BK]
Players
171 posts
8,729 battles

Traverse speed= how fast the torpedoes tubes turn, not the speed of the torpedoes

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
542 posts
3,394 battles

76 knots + torpedo acceleration skill is the top speed, i think

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts

If you fire your torps, say, from the port side and then turn your ship hard to starboard and hit full speed, your torps will reach well over 100 knots away from your ship. :hiding:

• Cool 3

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,645 battles

No module increases the speed of torps only reload(gets reduced ). The only skill is Torp Acelleration as some allready mentioned gives 5 kn at the cost of range.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,002 posts
15,877 battles

And i often wonder, how do BOTS on my team manage to survive the daily chores without getting killed by a toilet seat... Now i see, they cant even read, nor even as a person with some common sence,''...torpedo tubes traverce speed...'', altering what they just read and then asking how fast will my torpedoes go if i install this, asking something you didnt even read correctly shows how mature and uneducated WG playerbase is. What makes me sad, is that WG tends to listen to them and alters the game to please them.

Pretty much the same if you drink a pill from a headache, you ask how big will your d*ck grow?

Players
2,385 posts
15,458 battles

I have a Yugumo with F3 Torps (76 knots). If I add the Aiming systems modification 1 I will get 20% extra torp traverse speed. If my math is correct, an extra 20% makes it at 91 knots. Can this be correct? It sounds unreasonably high!

And also, what would the highest torpedo speed in the game be with all the modifications and command perks added together?

Thanks!

Not really...

Aiming Systems Modification 1 - +20% to torpedo tubes traverse speed.

Although it is possible to traverse a lake in this case it means 'rotate horizontally'.

Players
1,064 posts
4,944 battles

OP, as it has been said, the ASM1 module won't provide any real advantage to your ship; I suggest you install the Target Acquisition System Modification 1 instead, which gives you +50 percent gunnery accuracy (that's what "range of assured acquisition" really means), and the Secondary Battery Modification 3 which shaves 20% off your guns loading time (as the main battery is, on an IJN destroyer, the torpedo battery). Then you may engage Russian destroyers at will, expecially Tashkents and Khabarovsks played by forumites: we're granted to run scared now that we know you've got such a deadly gunnery setup on you ship :)

Beta Tester
1,587 posts
2,523 battles

I suggest you install the Target Acquisition System Modification 1 instead, which gives you +50 percent gunnery accuracy (that's what "range of assured acquisition" really means), and the Secondary Battery Modification 3 which shaves 20% off your guns loading time (as the main battery is, on an IJN destroyer, the torpedo battery). Then you may engage Russian destroyers at will, expecially Tashkents and Khabarovsks played by forumites: we're granted to run scared now that we know you've got such a deadly gunnery setup on you ship :)

Be careful, not everyone can notice that this is a joke. Some less experienced players might end up believing you.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

OP, as it has been said, the ASM1 module won't provide any real advantage to your ship; I suggest you install the Target Acquisition System Modification 1 instead, which gives you +50 percent gunnery accuracy (that's what "range of assured acquisition" really means), and the Secondary Battery Modification 3 which shaves 20% off your guns loading time (as the main battery is, on an IJN destroyer, the torpedo battery). Then you may engage Russian destroyers at will, expecially Tashkents and Khabarovsks played by forumites: we're granted to run scared now that we know you've got such a deadly gunnery setup on you ship :)

I generally heartily endorse a bit of trolling, but this fellow obvsiously doesn't have the experience to tell you're joking.

Bad Cosseria, bad boy! No treat for you.

• Cool 2

[LEGIO]
[LEGIO]
Players
633 posts
9,481 battles

Hello mate. You get 81knots torpedoes with arange of 6.4km. Have tried them a few times on the Shimakaze. Hillarious to see. But very hard to use. Great for anti destroyer duty :P Use your Mod2 torpedoes instead, you´ll get 71kn fishes with a range of 8km with torpedo acceleration. Much better IMO. Fastest torpedoes are those 81knot torpedoes :)

Edited by darkstar73

Players
1,890 posts
2,549 battles

No module increases the speed of torps only reload(gets reduced ). 

not even torp reload - the module he speaks of is making launchers to rotate faster ;)

[thats what "traverse speed" it ;) ]

Beta Tester
1,587 posts
2,523 battles

not even torp reload - the module he speaks of is making launchers to rotate faster ;)

[thats what "traverse speed" it ;) ]

There is a reload module for torpedos. He didn't talk about the traverse speed module, but about modules in general.

Players
1,059 posts
7,793 battles

No module increases the speed of torps only reload(gets reduced ). The only skill is Torp Acelleration as some allready mentioned gives 5 kn at the cost of range.

He's talking about Aiming system modification 1. +20% torpedo tubes traverse speed. In other words, the tubes turn faster. OP misunderstood this for torpedoes traversing faster in the water.

Players
1,890 posts
2,549 battles

There is a reload module for torpedos. He didn't talk about the traverse speed module, but about modules in general.

OP was talking about specific module :|

[and then indeed after re-reading spellifres post few times I have realised that I have misinterpreted his post when responding to it originally xD]

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,645 battles

OP was talking about specific module :|

[and then indeed after re-reading spellifres post few times I have realised that I have misinterpreted his post when responding to it originally xD]

Don't mind I'm not s native speaker either I'm painfully aware my point don't always comes across clearly :unsure:. Especially when I have to fight agist mobile autocorection :teethhappy:

[WOTN]
Beta Tester
370 posts
27,306 battles

To be fair traverse speed isn't 100% clear, it would be better if it were rotation speed.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

To be fair traverse speed isn't 100% clear, it would be better if it were rotation speed.

Eh, it says torpedo tubes traverse speed. For anyone who knows what a torpedo tube is the meaning is obvious, though I suppose non-native speakers who aren't quite up to par on those terms can misinterprete. In that regard well done to the OP for asking if he's actually correct or not, he's on the right course to learning the game. Keep asking if stuff is unclear or if you want tips!
  • Cool 1

Players
1,373 posts

Come to think of it... has anybody run the numbers on the highest possible torpedo dpm over the course of a game? Not taking into account range of speed, stealth or not, just the raw damage output possible with some optimized builds? Given WGs idea of balancing launchers I suspect there could be some surprises, but I'm way too lazy to actually calculate this. So... surely somebody has already done that, yes?

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,645 battles

If you include flooding potential probably the T 2  about 16 sek ones. Pure dps probably one of the low tir RU or USS Or perhaps a shima at 1% with relevant skills? Hard to gues on the fly thogh. Not that it really matter on paper Shima is a monster Torp DD in reality even a Fletcher and Z46 are much better ones.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,645 battles

Low tir US have 6 per side too? Simpson or wickes? Remember driving between 2 BBs and killing both once...

Sign in to follow this