You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ABED1984

Respawn Feature?

33 comments in this topic

[PNAVY]
Players
1,212 posts
40,491 battles

Among the things I don't like about the game is that I can't respawn once my ship sinks which let's me go upset to port and try my luck in another match. Can we get that mechanic in the game?

Edited by ABED1984

Players
2,385 posts
15,552 battles

So what should I understand from that image? :D

Oh, it is easy.

This -> :amazed:

• Cool 1

[WGB]
Players
198 posts
2,674 battles

[quote name=

Among the things I don't like about the game is that I can't respawn once my ship sinks which let's me go upset to port and try my luck in another match. Can we get that mechanic in the game? 

Wow, great idea, then we can have 1 game that would last for years.

I hope your not serious.

Beta Tester
598 posts

Well, I see an idea.

Thinking out of the box, long games with really really big maps, where you join the battle, and hammer away for a few hours. The team conquering the entire map wins.... or something like that...

Woul take a bit of tinkering and thoughts, but sure it can be done.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

Tanks did it as a Free For All with points gained for damage done and kills stolen secured, with the first player to achieve a certain score being the winner. Not sure that would work all that well in Warships tho... some of the mechanics just dont lend themselves to that, like the differences between classes (especially CVs...)

[WONLY]
Players
427 posts

games are often a bit short...but respawn would not change much on domination mode.

i could imagine auto repair, maybe about 5-7% per ship-health in 1 minute , so this game would be more about focus fire and teamplay and not about farming damage. 

Players
341 posts
6,911 battles

How about a co-op with a Yamato as the boss and players have to use tier 1 ships to kill it. Sounds fun.

• Cool 1

[R_I_D]
[R_I_D]
Players
497 posts
4,263 battles

Edited.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to irrelevant remarks

Edited by Asklepi0s
  • Cool 1

Players
349 posts
15,839 battles

Edited.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to spamming

Edited by Asklepi0s

[PNAVY]
Players
1,212 posts
40,491 battles

The respawn mechanic will rely on changing the ticket bleed system, Just like FPS games. You can deploy with any class at the same match but with penalties. I think that would make the game more fun and would make detonations a less of a concern.

Edited by ABED1984

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,067 battles

Pay 1000 doubloons per respawn. They should introduce this during rank battles. They will outsell premium ships.

[WGB]
Players
198 posts
2,674 battles

you're

Stop trolling players spelling and grammar, #getalife bro'.
  • Cool 1

[R_I_D]
[R_I_D]
Players
497 posts
4,263 battles

Stop trolling players spelling and grammar, #getalife bro'.

First time i've done it so i'm not trolling "players" and considering how daft I think this idea is it seemed reasonable to make the spelling the most important thing to take out of this topic. Please see EI2ZeR's post for clarification.

[WGB]
Players
198 posts
2,674 battles

First time i've done it so i'm not trolling "players" and considering how daft I think this idea is it seemed reasonable to make the spelling the most important thing to take out of this topic. Please see EI2ZeR's post for clarification.

I understand you might be bored and want to correct every players spelling mistake, and maybe you are an ex English teacher, but players create post for info, help or news, your input should be about the topic, not correction to spelling or grammar. :look:

• Cool 1

[UKKO]
Players
34 posts
23,700 battles

Respawn feature could be implemented as "reinforcements entering the battle".

1. Ship is sunk.

2. After a penalty timer (say, 1 minute) expires, player's ship enters the map from the edge designated for his/her team's reinforcements.

3. To keep the battle length reasonable, the above could occur only once per player. Essentially giving each player 2 "lives".

Additional variations:

1. Player chooses TWO different ships for the battle: one to start with and one as reinforcement.

2. Player chooses TWO different ships of different tiers for the battle: one to start with and one as reinforcement. Ships cannot be of same tier, and one of the two must be 2 tiers lower than the other.

[31337]
Players
208 posts
6,845 battles

When you are dead, you are dead. Sometimes it just does not really makes sense to come back into a game... 

Beta Tester
1,587 posts
2,523 battles

The game is designed and balanced around the "dead is dead" mechanic. There is no way they will implement something like respawn.

• Cool 1

[R_I_D]
[R_I_D]
Players
497 posts
4,263 battles

Ok then let me put it this way. Just no. The current dead is dead feature is perfectly acceptable as a game mechanic and in no way needs to be a respawn feature. I feel it would implement more "YOLOing" because the i'm going to respawn in a couple minutes so why not run in guns blazing attitude would pop up alot more. Ok yes you can argue that this still happens anyway because you can pick another ship but this DOESN'T happen enough to influence the outcome of most matches. If anything knowing that when you're dead you're dead forces people to think about what they and the team are doing and work to get the win and at the very least makes the battles mean something on an intensive level. Oh and;

>>>>- Joke ->>>>

Your head

WHOOSH

Edited by HotshotJimmy

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

YAY! Respawns! So potato bob can be useless to the team more than once!

Seriously, no... It may seem like a good idea but it really isn't. If you aren't punished for your mistakes then you don't learn anything. Got wrecked for showing your side like an idiot in a Montana to a Yamato? LEARN FROM IT. Don't just respawn and go YOLO'ing in again to repeat the same idiotic mistake. You reap what you sow with your actions in this game, if you "done f***ed it up" then you should take something from it and improve your play not get a jail out of free card with permission to go ahead and do it again.

• Cool 1

Players
920 posts
11,130 battles

Okay, you get a reinforcement. When do you get that?

• A player with less than average experience gets nuked in the second minute. It's unlikely he will make a better use of his reinforcement ship.
  • A good player is winning. No need for reinforcements. A good player is losing. Chances are, the enemy team is already steamrolling, so the moment you step out of the map border, five ships will rain unholy hellfire at you instantly.

...and in some veeery rare cases, maaaybe this could help turning the match, but I have my doubts. Plus, in the few matches I did in WT to see what's the fuss about the losing team tends to not even bring out all - or some players any - of their reserve vehicles at all, making the roflstomp snowballing even more. (Still, in WT where "practially one-shotting" in the sense of deciding the duel with the first shot is arguably a rather common thing, I can see the merit in the system, but WoWs (and WoT to a lesser degree) is designed around the idea of one life, but far better survivability, as such, I feel them balanced.) So all in all, this would result maybe somewhat longer battles in average, but what for? It would have more sense to calculate with reinforcement fleets, but again, I'd rather see first interesting PvE scenarios, campaigns etc. than tinkering with respawns.