You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LastButterfly

BTT : Italian TechTree (Fanmade)

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
5,379 posts
2,939 battles

Well, here I go again !

After having posted the American Tree : http://forum.worldof...chtree-fanmade/

And having added my Japanese Tree : http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/79352-btt-japanese-techtree-fanmade/

I'll now go on with an obvioulsy very powerful nation navally speaking, the third which comes to mind after USN and IJN !
Wa ? British ? French ? German ? Russian ? Never heard of, sorry.

Here is my Italian Tech Tree ! Hope you'll enjoy it !

Important disclaimer about this tree (It's still the same as on my other TechTree topics, don't bother re-reading it if you already did) :

-This tree has been made for entertainment purposes only. Although World of Warships was used as a basis for the making of this tree, it is not adapted to this game, as it would required to rewrite the entire balance and add complex elements of gameplays that may not have their place in the current game, such as minelaying.

-Historical accuracy has been taken into consideration, but is not the main factor that help composing this tree. Although I did my best to respect what the ships as theyr really were, this tree was designed as the “tree for a video game”, therefore the main elements taken into consideration were a wide variety of ships at many tiers, many different gameplay possibilities, and overall balance which may require to nerf or buff ships in a way that would be non-historical

-Part of this tree were made while listening to nightcore. I have no idea why nightcore was on my playlist but it was, so don't expect this tree to be 100% serious as a result.

-As a result of point 2, some ships of different generations or power have been placed at the same tier (case in point, New Mexico and Colorado). This has been willingly choosen in order to emphasis the gameplay caracteristics of some branches or ships (case in point again : Colorado is in the branch supposed to have a powerfuler armament and more survivability than the other). Of course, they all ships would theorically still be balanced in order to be viable in their field of expertise.

-As I am perfectly aware that my way of thinking may seem irrational, I entirely understand some part of this tree could seem weird or impossible to you. If something seems unclear or stupid, I will always gladly try to justify my choices or explain in a clearer way. I take all questions, commentaries, and anything else you may have to say about it, including suggestions which may help me find more special gameplays for other trees of other nations.

-I am not a naval expert by any means. I will always enjoy it if people who know more about these than me can teach me stuff I don't know or correct eventual mistakes I'd have made.

-Thanks for having read all of this and having taken a peak at my tree. Its only purpose is to entertain, and eventually suggest people who are not familiar with some classes to check them out out of curiosity. We're all here because we like ships after all aren't we ? ^^

Butterfly Tech Tree
Regia Marina

1494374654-it-tech-tree-en.png

As always, you will find below a quick explanation about the global gameplay each branch would adopt :

Destroyers :

All italian destroyers possess a better performing engine boost than the average destroyer.

-Tactical Branch

Branch of 4 destroyers at rank V through VIII. Their armament is by all means weak, canons and torpedoes alike, and coupled with their relative weakness, it means they should avoid fighting, or at least not alone. Their main strength is a formidable concealment along with a great manoeuverability and acceleration. It makes of them toe perfect scouting tool who can spot the movement or the ennemy or capture areas. Besides being able to exchange their smoke screen for a sonar if they wish, the higher tiers also possess a radar consummable, making them terryfying tactical tools.

-Pepper Canon Branch

Weak destroyers, but very easy to steer, relying on dodging rather than tanking, along with their formidable speed. Their canons are one of a kind : they fire only HE shells, reload extremely fast and have increased penetration chances. However, they have a low range and the fire chances are extremely low. Coupled with the good concealment of the branch, it makes of these destroyers the best DD hunters and killers, and in close-quarter duels, other destroyers hardly stand a chance against an experimented captain. However, they lack punch on higher warships, especially because of their torpedoes : although these indeed reload much faster than others, their damage and low flooding chances make them virtually unable of ensuring a kill on sometimes even an already-damaged ship.

-Coarse Salt Canon Branch

These destroyers are as weak as the Pepper Canon Branch. However, their armament picks up in terms of number and/or caliber, and damage aswell – besides, they can us AP shells. This allows them to be still a threat towards destroyers, but also to be able to damage heavily an unsuspecting cruiser or deal more fires and damage on battleships. Beware, however : if duels drag on longer than expected, they'll be forced to dodge heavily and their canons may no follow the hard steering, making them better at hit&run attacks than fierce battles. Besides, their torpedoes are still only there for additional damage.

-Mark&Execute Branch
A fusion of the Tactical and Pepper Canon branch, the two destroyers at TIX and TX possess both a great speed, concealment and dodging abilityes, the fast-firing HE only canons, and the scouting tools such as a radar. This makes of them truly firghtening opponents for ennemy destroyers and as long as they don't get caught in a crossfire from multiple ennemies, they can be devastating both in the tactical field and in terms of battle achievments.

-Heavy leader
Capitani Romani, TX of the Coarse Salt Canon Branch, is a sort of fusion between the CL and heavy DD gameplay. Her firepower and overall approach of the fight becomes close to the light cruisers', while she keeps the speed and dodging abilities of destroyers. If she is able to tank a bit more than other DDs, her concealment, however, is in the line with cruisers and not destroyers, but since she is classified as a destroyer, she doesn't have a citadel, making of her a very unique ship.

Light Cruisers

-Basic Branch
Branch of two cruisers lacking both resistance, power and torpedo armament ; however, they know how to be rather fast and manoeuverable for their tier, making of them a good introduction to the gameplay of higher-tier Italian cruisers.

-Close Quarter Branch

Branch of short and medium-range light cruisers, rather well concealed, but poorly armored. They possess an engine boost concumable and are easy to steer, making of them something along the lines of big Dds ; and just as Dds, they excell in areas where they can hide behind cover, surprise their opponents for their fast-firing canons or torpedo them. A duel is always in their disadvantage as soon as they lose the benefit of a surprise attack, and usually, their offensive moves often comes down to kill or get killed. However, with their armaments and dodging abilities, they should be able to take on destroyers and cruisers pretty well once the captain gets the hang of it.
At higher tier (Costanzo Ciano and Treviso), they also become able able to play safer and assist their fleet from a further range like heavy cruisers do, making them more versatile and able to answer more efficiently to any situations.

Heavy Cruisers

-Supportfire Branch

Traditionnal heavy cruisers branch, although they also rely more on dodging and less on tanking. Their acceleration is not that great but once they've picked up speed their handling becomes very confortable and they become very hard to hit. Their offensive power is average, although their range is a bit on the lower side ; however, they possess a special ability. By slowing down below a certain speed, they become able to fire at a longer range, effectivelt turning on supporting snipers. This can allow them to assist their fleet even though they're very far from the action or if they mispositionned themselves ; however, it comes as a double-edged sword, as by being slower they won't get closer quite as fast. Besides, and that's the real problem, slowing down means becoming much easier to target, and their low acceleration isn't helping making of them nothing but target practice if they fire from long-range for too long.

-Light battlecruiser

Most singular cruisers at tiers VIII, IX, and X. These are equipped with a high-caliber, fast-rotating, average reload armament. Their big guns have a tremendous penetration, making of them terrors for cruisers at medium range and lower, and they're also able to punch other ships violently. In terms of gameplay, they're surprising closer to light cruisers than heavy cruisers, relying on surprise attacks and their superior handling and gun rotation and reload. That's because their armor is closer to that of light cruisers, which doesn't allow them to take many hits : therefore, artillery duels in open sea are to be avoided unless they are certain the opponent can be taken down quickly and won't have to much back-up.

Battleships

-Glass Canon Branch

A tense but satysfying branch of battleships. Their canons are remarcably powerful and able to penetrate a lot of armor at once, along with long-range capabilities in higher tiers. However, their dispertion is terrible, making long-range fire too random to be relyable. They have a an easy handling, accelerating and turning like cruisers, but won't tank as well as other battleships. It forces them to find the right moment to close in, since they will obliterate anything point-blanck if they can reach it, because they excelle at close quarter thanks to their fast-turning canons and decent secondaries.

-Heavy Battlecruisers

Ships playing more or less like the battleships, but with an even greater manoeuverability and speed along with and engine boost consummable. It makes them litteral paper-made nukes, going down at the first badly taken salvo, but capable of flancking the ennmy and landing heavy damage or devastating strikes on anything they outmanoeuver. Although they're hard to play, leaving them not pressured may aswell result in a surprise-death from an unexpected direction.

Aircraft carriers

-Strategy Branch

Carriers mainly centered on scouting and fleet defense, although they do possess some slightly more offensive configurations. Their aircrafts are very fast and tank damage well but their air groupes are not that numerous, forcing them to pick their targets well. Their fighters are well performing and can stand up, in terms of damage, to american fighter squadrons from fighter-specialized carriers if they're upgraded as much as possible.
They possess a unique type of aircraft known as Reckon Squadron, faster and more concealed than regular aircrafts along with a much faster reload, but which cannot stay in the air indefinitely.

Their air groups are made of 5 aircrafts ; however, torpedo bomber groupes are only made of 3 aircrafts.

Two Air Wings are available : Strategy Oriented (ex :Aquila 2/1/1 +2 reckon) or Action Oriented (ex Aquila 2/3/0 +1 reckon).

Other :

-Hybrid CLV

Seaplane carrying Light Cruiser, playing much like the japanese Ooyodo. She therefore has scouting ability along with the possibility to buff allies of hinder ennemies via the use of specific seaplanes, and is therefore a support-unit.

Anyway, thay should be it ! I love Italians.

I remain available, here or in private message, for any commentary/question/rage or if any element of this tree brings up questions such as “what the hell is this design supposed to be ?”

And then again, thanks for having taken note of my work, and I'll see you next time with probably either the German or Russian tree~

Edited by LastButterfly
  • Cool 2

Sailing Hamster
3,124 posts
1,275 battles

There's a lot to talk about in here. While I review your tree could you give some pieces of information regarding the projects present? Like UP.54, never heard of it

Anyway UP.90 and UP.102 are way overtiered, they are somewhat comparable to Graf Spee(expecially the latter) even if they show up in the tree

[MIMI]
Beta Tester
768 posts
3,632 battles

Maybe I am a little dense, but where is the actual tech tree?

Beta Tester
5,379 posts
2,939 battles

There's a lot to talk about in here. While I review your tree could you give some pieces of information regarding the projects present? Like UP.54, never heard of it

Anyway UP.90 and UP.102 are way overtiered, they are somewhat comparable to Graf Spee(expecially the latter) even if they show up in the tree

Gladly. I will discuss UP 90 and UP 102's when I'll have reached them.

There's if I'm not mistaken a total of 16 never-were ships in this techtree (provided we do not count the carriers, otherwise it would make it 22) :

DDs

Commandanti Medaglie d'Oro 1st serie

Commandanti Medaglie d'Oro 3rd serie

Cruisers :

Soliani's 1920 design

1938 OTO Scout CL

UP90

UP102

Ansaldo's 1940 Project XII for Spain

Ansaldo's russian "Projekt 22"

Costanzo Ciano (incoming in the next message along with BBs and CVs)

Battleships :

Francesco Caracciolo

Ferrati's design D'

UP41

UP54

Design 45367 (aka OTO 1928 Battlecruiser)

OTO 1933 Battlecruiser

Livorno (aka OTO 1930 Battlecruiser)

And of course all of the carriers.

Here goes for everything I know about them :

DDs :

Commandanti Medaglie d'Oro (1st and 3rd serie)

DD%20Comandante%20Medaglia%20dOro%201st%

I think CMO is a fairly well known design. They started in 1940 as modified Soldati but quickly evolved to become quite unique in the 1942 blueprints. Several were laid down (9 I think) but they were all seized by the Germans and never completed.

Displacement was 2000/2900 full.

They measured 120*12*3.6

could reach 35kn

Main armament consisted of 4 single 135/45 OTO/Ansaldo 1938. It's the single mount version of Capitani Romani's main battery

Torpedoes were 2 triple tubes in centerline. I haven't been able to identify exactly the model of the torpedoes but considering it's their latest war design, it's most likely the SI250/533.4 * 7.5 or the SI270/533.4 * 7.2

The fact that there were actually several versions of hers even in the end is more obscure. I was able to find a drawing of the second and third serie, but no numeric data.

DD%20Comandante%20Medaglia%20dOro%202nd%

DD%20Comandante%20Medaglia%20dOro%203rd%

One can note that the 2nd serie is very similar to the 1st. The only modifications are mostly about the layout of the anti-air guns and the addition of one main battery gun.

The 3rd serie seems to have a modified hull, along with two smoke stacks. As a result, the torpedo tubes are further appart from eachother and the anti-air guns are moved around.

I think the main ideas behind the two versions was about slightly increasing speed, AA and combat capability.

Cruisers :

Nabor Soliani's 1920 "Light Battlecruiser" (really heavy cruiser)

0PWmrav.jpg

Tzoli's drawing of the ship

nabor_soliani_cruiser_design_by_tzoli-d8

I wouldn't have know this one if the wonderful Tzoli hadn't talked about it. It's a trully weird - and unique - design. I don't have real numeric data other than what I could see on the drawing, but tzoli simulated the design if you're interested :

http://tzoli.deviantart.com/art/Nabor-Soliani-Cruiser-design-540327328

Oto's 1938 Scout Cruiser :

34htShM.jpg

While Ansaldo proposed the UP90 and 102 to Romania, OTO made this cheaper, lighter, scout-capable seaplane-handling cruiser. It's more or less an Italian Ooyodo, and it shares many similarities with it. Which is why she ended up at the same tier as Ooyodo. I hesitated with TVII but VI seemed good enough.

With 2 triple 152mm guns superfiring in the fron

A dozen of machine guns and lighter AA armament

One triple torpedo tube

And could carry about 6 seaplanes

UP90 and UP102

UP90 :

UP90mod.jpg

UP102 :

UP102.jpg

There we are ! I can't blame you for questionning them. These two cuties went everywhere in my tree. Battleship branch, cruiser branch, from tier V to tier X, they've seen it all.

Why did they end up so high ? It's got to do with several things. But first, the facts :

They were Ansaldo's "big gun" designs for Romania. First UP90 was based on Duca Degli Abruzzi's (a Light Cruiser) hull, with two triple 240mm guns, two triple tubes, 30kn, and so on.

When Romania refused, Ansaldo tryied to save the design by replacing the main armament by 3 triple 152mm. To no avail.

UP102 was the second proposal, equipped with 2 triple 280mm guns, going faster, but being larger. Ansaldo's attempt to build a "true" battlecruiser instead of a small light sickly one. Romania didn't buy anyway tho~

Now why are they at tier VIII and IX ? Two reasons. One is "philosophical", meaning it has nothing to do with the specs of the ships themselves, but rather the feeling I wanted to give to the Italian tree entirely. The other is merely because of logical thiking. I'll begin by the latter.

Duca Degli Abruzii was not a design, she was the top of the top of the Condottieri batch. A truly wonderful design, still fast, with a powerful armement and very good armore for a light cruiser. She was almost closer to Zara than to Giussiano from which she was derivated. In all honestly, Abruzzi could almost pretend at the place of TVIII light cruiser (provided we split light and heavies). But since she's inbetween I chose to put her at tier VII.

Now what is UP90 ? People view too much the "big guns" side and focus on the battlecruiser aspect. But in truth, she was nothing like that.

UP90 was smaller than the Deutschland class. In fact, her hull was Abruzzi's with just a tiny bit of added armor. And her main guns, she doesn have a version with 9 152mm. Which makes her nothing more than a sort of upgraded Abruzzi. I don't think one could logically put her below Abruzzi, thefore I think she belongs at least at tier VII, and most likely at TVIII. Because seeing her as a battlecruise is wrong : she doesn't compete with big guns. 240mm or not she's a light cruiser, and among light cruisers, she can totally be a tier VIII.

What's the other reason and why is UP102 TIX then ? Well, simply because they're not supposed to be what the Deutschland class is. I tryied to sterss it but battlecruisers or not they're supposed to be played as light cruiser, make use of their advantages (superior speed, decent concealment, fast-rotating powerful turrets) to ambush cruisers and destroyers in the front lines. And they're supposed to be weak. Their hull is that of light cruisers anyway. You ain't tanking with that. The entire feel of the italian nation is to have nervous, easy to kill but powerful, easy to manoeuver ships. Therefore ships seemingly weaker end up in the highest tier. Because they're not made for duels and they have their own strength.

Worth to note, UP90 and UP102 were design about, what, 10... 8 to 10 years after the Deutschland class was built ? I know they look alike but I don't think we can compare them, the UPs are incredibly more modern, with Ansaldo's ever-breaking railguns, fast speed and better handling, and also, a better armor than Deutschland even though they were based on light cruiser hulls ^^.

Ansaldo Project XII

sihvwE6.jpg

CL version

xnB5iRM.jpg

Long story short, Franco wanted to stay neutral but had no fleet to defend himself so he commanded ships top Ansaldo and among them there was a cruiser and its specs were vague.

So Ansaldo proposed many versions. Heavy cruiser, Light cruiser, with various layouts of main guns and torpedoes as you can see above. 

Notable, this ship apparently could reach 37kn

I don't have all the data right now, sorry. I remember her belt was 50 to 150mm and the deck was 60mm, she was 210+ meter long and along with her main guns carryied 2 quadruple tubes.

Anslado's russian Projekt 22

Allow me to copy paste :

Std Disp: 19,500
Loaded Disp: 26,700

L: 241.5M
B: 28M
D:7.45M

SHP:240,000
Speed: 37Kt
Range: 7000nm

Armament:
9-250mm (3 Triple turrets)
12- 130mm (6 twin turrets)
12-100mm (6 twin turrets)
32-45mm
6-21" TT ( two triple mounts)

2 catapults, 4 A/C

Why a copy-paste, well because it's the only source proving the existence of this cruiser. It was mentionned in a book "Stalin's Ocean Going Fleet". Careful exploration of the soviet ships classified by design-number confirm that the Projekt number 22 was a cancelled heavy cruiser with that very displacement, but I haven't found any other info.

I'll stop there since I lack space and will continue on with the designs of BBs and CVs in my next message~

Edited by LastButterfly

[MIMI]
Beta Tester
768 posts
3,632 battles

Maybe the picture didn't load on you screen ?

Here's a link : 

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/19/1494374654-it-tech-tree-en.png

Hahaha... Yeah, my company firewall seems to block it... Kinda funny:

Web Page Blocked

Access to the web page you were trying to visit has been blocked in accordance with company policy. Please contact your system administrator if you believe this is in error.

User: [censored]

URL: image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/19/1494374654-it-tech-tree-en.png

Category: adult-and-pornography

Edited by Kruzenstern

Beta Tester
5,379 posts
2,939 battles

Hahaha... Yeah, my company firewall seems to block it... Kinda funny:

Web Page Blocked

Access to the web page you were trying to visit has been blocked in accordance with company policy. Please contact your system administrator if you believe this is in error.

User: [censored]

URL: image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/19/1494374654-it-tech-tree-en.png

Category: adult-and-pornography

Weeell... I promise you there's no adult or pornographic content in my italian tree xD (although these destroyers were kinda cute, I like Soldati and CMO)

Anyway, you can't access NoelShack... Maybe Imgur will work ?

https://i.imgur.com/5FzijSP.png

Supertester
2,447 posts
11,485 battles

I like threas like this, but this:

Although World of Warships was used as a basis for the making of this tree, it is not adapted to this game

got me confused. Why isn't it? Wouldn't it be faaar more worthwile to make an actually working tree?

Beta Tester
5,379 posts
2,939 battles

I like threas like this, but this:

Although World of Warships was used as a basis for the making of this tree, it is not adapted to this game

got me confused. Why isn't it? Wouldn't it be faaar more worthwile to make an actually working tree?

Well, an actually working tree would be linear, while you can see mine goes everywhere with sub-branches, special designs, new stuff and so on. I had done that but it's pretty boring to have justa line from TII to TX. I prefer including as many ships and designs as I can !

Also, it's not adapted because you'd need to review the entire game in order to make this tree work in the current game. In my mind, all the consummables and stats are reworked. My radar isn't actually the same as the ingame radar. I implement things like minelaying which would be very hard to implement ingame fairly.

And finally, I don't think making a working tree would be more "worth". I do that for fun. It's not like a realistic tree would be noticed by wargaming or anything, it's just for fun anyway, so might aswell stray from WoWs conventional ways and create my ownspecial trees.

At least that's how I view it.

Sailing Hamster
3,124 posts
1,275 battles

The main problem of UP.90 and UP.102 is that they work essentially like Graf Spee. The former is smaller and with smaller guns while being marginally better protected, not enough to warrant such a jump up in tiers(if at all). UP.102 is somewhat bigger so should be more or less comparable to Deutschland/Graf Spee on that regard while the guns have the same(ish) caliber(don't have a clue on gun stats though). Granted I considered the guns for the tier X cruiser derived from Projekt 22(ie the original Soviet design with Italian armament instead of Russian) but I can see that better than UP.90/102(not perfect but at least not strait up invented like Roon and Hindenburg).

Beta Tester
5,379 posts
2,939 battles

The main problem of UP.90 and UP.102 is that they work essentially like Graf Spee. The former is smaller and with smaller guns while being marginally better protected, not enough to warrant such a jump up in tiers(if at all). UP.102 is somewhat bigger so should be more or less comparable to Deutschland/Graf Spee on that regard while the guns have the same(ish) caliber(don't have a clue on gun stats though). Granted I considered the guns for the tier X cruiser derived from Projekt 22(ie the original Soviet design with Italian armament instead of Russian) but I can see that better than UP.90/102(not perfect but at least not strait up invented like Roon and Hindenburg).

Well, yeah, if you look at them like battlecruisers, but then what about UP90 with the 152mm ? It's litterally an upgrade of Abruzzi. You can't possibly put that below tier VIII if you consider the light cruiser version.

That's what I did . I considered them to be the next logical steps of light cruisers instead of heavy cruisers.

The same way Alaska can make for a high tier in a cruiser branch or a mid tier in the battleship.

Sailing Hamster
3,124 posts
1,275 battles

Well, yeah, if you look at them like battlecruisers, but then what about UP90 with the 152mm ? It's litterally an upgrade of Abruzzi. You can't possibly put that below tier VIII if you consider the light cruiser version.

That's what I did . I considered them to be the next logical steps of light cruisers instead of heavy cruisers.

The same way Alaska can make for a high tier in a cruiser branch or a mid tier in the battleship.

UP.90 with the three triple turrets isn't comparable to what we have at tier VIII. Every CL at that tier has twelve and their RoF is higher, granting them a considerable edge in firepower, they are faster(UP.90 still reaches 30 knots max even in the CL form) and they are pretty much comparably protected(+/- some mm here and there but not that many).

Beta Tester
5,379 posts
2,939 battles

UP.90 with the three triple turrets isn't comparable to what we have at tier VIII. Every CL at that tier has twelve and their RoF is higher, granting them a considerable edge in firepower, they are faster(UP.90 still reaches 30 knots max even in the CL form) and they are pretty much comparably protected(+/- some mm here and there but not that many).

Well they do have more gun, but the Italians 152mm of that time exceeded them in termes of range. Besides, they also have a tremendous penetration power only exceeded by the Japanese 155mm. Not to mention the train rate of the mounts which was excellent if I don't mistake them for others.

As for armor... I'm sorry but I don't follow. UP90's belt and deck were more armored than Edimburg's and Chapayev's. And Mogami doesn't even beat her, she's more or less equal there.

It's also worth noting all the others were larger and displaced more than her, so their top-speed advantage may lose to UP90's response ability.

I'm not saying it'd be very easy to balance, but what I'm trying to point is that she's "not that much below". And for me that's good enough, since in firepower and resistance, it's the philosophy of the whole tree to have something slightly below  others at their tier.

Beta Tester
5,379 posts
2,939 battles

So this is not a practical tech tree just a grins and giggles?

Well it was made with the ultimate goal being to bring diversity, challenge and fun if it was implemented into a game. But, I mean, it'll never get implemented in WoWs even if we could and even if I wanted to, so I don't really see why that's important...?
Edited by LastButterfly

Players
684 posts
73 battles

Trying to read the tech tree was confusing for myself. The ballistics of the 152/55 will be interesting to learn. Trying to run a 15-20k cruiser within 10km for efficient use will not be fun. 

From what Stefano pulled up about the Ciano class it will be intersting to see if the I IV with quad turrets or I III IV turret setup will work.

Beta Tester
5,379 posts
2,939 battles

Trying to read the tech tree was confusing for myself. The ballistics of the 152/55 will be interesting to learn. Trying to run a 15-20k cruiser within 10km for efficient use will not be fun. 

From what Stefano pulled up about the Ciano class it will be intersting to see if the I IV with quad turrets or I III IV turret setup will work.

I tryied to make the tree as readable as possible, though high tier cruisers can't be made any clearer unfortunatly (it's mathematical, if I didn't fail my calculations). Which part did you find confusing ? I could try to make it clearer.

Also, what ship are you talking about when you say a "15/20kn cruiser efficient at 10km" ? I din't think any cruiser of the line goes below 28kn. Did I miss something ?

I hadn't figured out about Costanzo Ciano. I though maybe both configurations ( 2*4 or 3*3) could be available, leaving the choice to the player's taste. Costanzo Ciano is a very singular cruiser which a very unique philosophy but I think shbe's my favorite never-were design of Italy in terms of light cruiser.