Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

52 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

If the game decides to screw over a player with random OHKs, can we at least make it a BIG boom that's aesthetically impressive with a giant burst flame, smoke plume and explosive shockwave racing over the water surface? The smoke plume in particular might just stay for the remainder of the match slowly spreading as a poignant reminder of my or anothers untimely demise.

I'd at the very least like to look fabulous if RNG gives me the stinking finger, thank you very much!

• Cool 13

[R_I_D]
[R_I_D]
Players
497 posts
4,263 battles

Ah Yuro, when it happens to me I just stop. Open Youtube. Play a Yuro video. Zen is returned to the world. But ye I want to see bits of my ship flying all over.

EXTREME-ULTRA-SUPER-LATE-BREAKING!

Edited by HotshotJimmy
  • Cool 1

Players
2,385 posts
15,544 battles

But ye I want to see bits of my ship flying all over.

Preferably towards the enemy so I could scream: "It's Just a Flesh Wound!" :trollface:
  • Cool 3

Quality Poster
1,695 posts
9,500 battles

Imagine seeing that from the other side of the map, then realizing it was your team's Yamato that blew up..
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

This should be implemented, it was discussed already me thinks, but yeah it would look freagin sweet to see and hear it, both teams would run away afterwards naturally but hey, would stil look good. :P

[R_I_D]
[R_I_D]
Players
497 posts
4,263 battles

This should be implemented, it was discussed already me thinks, but yeah it would look freagin sweet to see and hear it, both teams would run away afterwards naturally but hey, would stil look good. :P

We have bow waves so why not a blast wave coming out from around the ship. That would look cool but ye I do think the explosions need some work. Hell even a well placed torpedo hit used to break my ship in two.

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

Wait till the first [edited] lands a detonation on a Hood. The dlame war would be entertaining

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. RogDodgeUK

Players
3,037 posts
31,525 battles

We have bow waves so why not a blast wave coming out from around the ship. That would look cool but ye I do think the explosions need some work. Hell even a well placed torpedo hit used to break my ship in two.

There is blast waves when you fire your guns... At least on the BB's

[R_I_D]
[R_I_D]
Players
497 posts
4,263 battles

Aye there is on most ships scaled to size of course but basically that but around the ship extending outwards

Beta Tester
598 posts

And a "scuttle" button, where the crew in an orderly fashion abandons the ship in liferafts, rows to the nearest shore, while it slowly slips beneath the waves?

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Right, since RNG apparently hates me these past couple days and keeps detonating me, I'd really, really like it if it were at least a proper boom and not an insulting *poof*.

Or finally get rid of this BS mechanic, but I suppose too many n00bs are dependant on it to do any damage so naturally WG will cater to those potatoes ...

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Tester
1,500 posts
5,188 battles

I have 23 detonation achievements, that's 0,7% of all battles.
But then again, when were the achievements implemented? Were they there from the start? I don't think so...

I have usually flown Juliet-Charlie only on my DD's, but lately have not bothered since I only have 47 of them and want more.. But RNGesus does not want to give them to me.

This reminds me of the old "WAA! Draws are stuppid 'cos we no want to play the gaem/objective!" whinefest way back.
Draws were great way to snatch the win from an passive opponent, but now days you really can't do that anymore..
Oh the days kiting away from an enemy who decided to hunt down broken Isokaze instead of capping and thus throwing away the victory. :)

(I have 31 draws so let's be generous and say that the mechanic was removed when I had 1000 battles, still only 3,1% of draws..)

[SLAPP]
Players
1,382 posts
8,690 battles

damn that looks nais

[R_I_D]
[R_I_D]
Players
497 posts
4,263 battles

Jesus that Barham went up. Thank you for that as I didn't realise it exploded before sinking. Also that BF1 video looked like the sort of thing we need, less fires and poof more BOOM and gone.

EDIT:

You know this is one of those times with WoWs when I actually stopped to consider the lives behind that video of the Barham more than the "game mechanic" that the topic was started about. And then this video began playing immediately after that Barham one;

We all play it because it is an enjoyable game but I do sometimes think of those that didn't come home when I am in port.

Edited by HotshotJimmy
  • Cool 1

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,052 posts
8,760 battles

The Barham video is always a bit unsettling. You can see guys flying. It is no more terrible than when some other ship blew up (or bombs landing on some city for that matter), but the visual experience is just that bit more rough.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

The Barham video is always a bit unsettling. You can see guys flying. It is no more terrible than when some other ship blew up (or bombs landing on some city for that matter), but the visual experience is just that bit more rough.

Probably not people flying but debris. With that force of explosion (you see part of the hull folding forwards), any sailor caught directly in the blastwave of that explosion to be set flying wouldn't stay in a piece large enough to be recognizable. In fact those who were still on the hull of the ship as it blew had the best survival chances ... those who already jumped ship and were in the water probably got liquified by the shockwave in the water.

Mean business those physics.

• Cool 1

[BOTS]
Beta Tester
208 posts
10,038 battles

Even in this trailer they got Hoods Magazine detonation (1m in) all we need now is for that type of thing to be in game.

Edited by peachpest

[A7]
Players
28 posts
15,572 battles

What is detonation still doing in the game?

The last week i had many and guys this is ridiculus. Is this a way to get back at us in some way?

And the 10 flags you get in return... guess what you get detonmations even with the flag on!

Maybe give us a million credits when we detonate, that would make it more easy to take when you are in a full health ship and you get wrecked by a single shot.

Anyway i think i won't take it for much longer here with this happening so often, remove this ... "mechanic" from the game soon.

detonation.jpg