Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
humpty_1

captain bonus

19 comments in this topic

[-RDE-]
Players
303 posts
25,273 battles

hello all, i'm a bit confused with the trpitz captains bonus.. i've added ADVANCED FIRING RAGE which in my understanding adds 20% extra range to my secondary guns, making the firing range to 11.3km.  but this doesn't seem to be the case as they only seem to fire at the standard 9.3km.. am i missing something or is it a bug?  i've only been playing a month or so so please be gentle..lol :)

Beta Tester
3,166 posts
3,608 battles

You should mount the 'Secondary Battery Modification 2' upgrade, that boosts secondaries range with 20 percent (as well as decreasing dispersion).

There is also a signal flag you can hoist, the 'Mike Yankee Soxisix', that boosts range and accuracy with another 5 percent.

Welcome to the game, captain! :honoring:

Edited by Procrastes
  • Cool 2

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

You should mount the 'Secondary Battery Modification 2', that boosts secondaries range with 20 percent (as well as decreasing dispersion).

There is also a signal flag you can hoist, the 'Mike Yankee Soxisix', that boosts range and accuracy with another 5 percent.

I have 57 of those flags, only use 'em on Warspite

Beta Tester
3,166 posts
3,608 battles

I have 57 of those flags, only use 'em on Warspite

They work just fine on any German battleship as well.

[-RDE-]
Players
303 posts
25,273 battles

You should mount the 'Secondary Battery Modification 2' upgrade, that boosts secondaries range with 20 percent (as well as decreasing dispersion).

thanks, i've just changed it to second mod instead of aiming system mod, but the captains upgrade still doesn't seem to be adding anything :(

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,627 posts
12,678 battles

Currently basic range of Tirpitz secondaries is 7km.

Advanced Firing Training adds 20% to range of secondaries - 7*0.2 is 1.4km bonus

Secondary Battery Modification 2 adds 20% to range of secondaries - 7*0.2 is 1.4km bonus

Mike Yankee Soxisix adds 5% to range of secondaries 7*0.05 is 0.35km bonus

So in total the range with all bonuses (ship module + captain skill + flag) is 7 + 1.4 + 1.4 + 0.35 = 10.15km

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,069 battles

Advanced Firing Training adds 20% to range of secondaries - 7*0.2 is 1.4km bonus

Secondary Battery Modification 2 adds 20% to range of secondaries - 7*0.2 is 1.4km bonus

So in total the range with all bonuses (ship module + captain skill + flag) is 7 + 1.4 + 1.4 + 0.35 = 10.15km

don't know how your getting your figures and how wg works it out but I have secondary build on my Tirpitz and I have overall 10.6 range of secondary guns
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,166 posts
3,608 battles

thanks, i've just changed it to second mod instead of aiming system mod, but the captains upgrade still doesn't seem to be adding anything :(

Are we talking about the 4th level skill, 'Advanced Firing Training', here? That's the one to pick if you want that extra range for your secondaries (as well as your Flugabwehrkanonen*).

* Aka. Flak, aka. Anti-aircraft guns.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,869 posts
9,434 battles

The bonuses are multiplicative with each other, so don't calculate them separately with the base value, but in the same calculation together.

7*1.2*1.2*1.05=10.584

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,069 battles

hello all, i'm a bit confused with the trpitz captains bonus.. i've added ADVANCED FIRING RAGE which in my understanding adds 20% extra range to my secondary guns, making the firing range to 11.3km.  but this doesn't seem to be the case as they only seem to fire at the standard 9.3km.. am i missing something or is it a bug?  i've only been playing a month or so so please be gentle..lol :)

they don't fire to 11.3 maximum its 10.6 with all upgrades, skills and flags

the guns are not standard at 9.3 its standard/stock 7km

Edited by beercrazy

[-RDE-]
Players
303 posts
25,273 battles

ok thanks guys, mine are up to 10.6 with all upgrades including the captains 20% :)

Beta Tester
26 posts

^ This!

[-RDE-]
Players
303 posts
25,273 battles

hello all, me again, well i've got my captain to 12 now and i was wandering is it possible after doing the 1st 1 to 4 upgrades doing a second 4upgrade once i get to 14 or do i have to go 1 to 4 again?

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

hello all, me again, well i've got my captain to 12 now and i was wandering is it possible after doing the 1st 1 to 4 upgrades doing a second 4upgrade once i get to 14 or do i have to go 1 to 4 again?

no, you can keep picking higher level skills. Manual Secondaries ahoy (in two more skill points)!
Edited by Tyrendian89
  • Cool 1

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

no, you can keep picking higher level skills. Manual Secondaries ahoy (in two more skill points)!

Which will make secodaries only fire at targets you manually mark (CTRL+left mouse button) and they will only fire at one target at once.

Just saying, because this is another frequent question.

• Cool 1

[-RDE-]
Players
303 posts
25,273 battles

thanks guys :)  so thats ctrl and click on the target.. more to contend with..lol. :)

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

thanks guys :)  so thats ctrl and click on the target.. more to contend with..lol. :)

Yes, in general and even without any skills you can mark ships or squadrons with this.

Against ships your secondaries will try to focus on the target if possible (plus a minor accuracy buff?).

Against squadrons you get a small DPS buff IIRC.

Edited by Tungstonid

Players
607 posts
6,250 battles

Focusing secondaries (non-manual specced) won't give any DPS buff, just target priority. 

On the other hand, focusing AA (non-manual specced) will buff the total DPS by 30% for that target. 

Source : official WoWs wiki

Sign in to follow this